James Williams question

Advertisement
I don’t think he’s coming but I also don’t like using the words likely not. If we win I’m not ruling it out. We thought 2 months ago that we were dead in the water for Leonard Taylor, now we’re a contender with momentum.
i think even if we win hes not coming, i just think these kids use that banking on us having a bad year and using it as an excuse. To me that **** is old already, they just dont want the hometown backlash. They try to keep it as minimal as possible

There is only 2 teams I wouldn’t blame the kid for choosing. Ohio * and Clemson. OSU bc they pump out the most rd 1 picks Clemson Bc he’s an ishiah Simmons clone anywhere other than Miami is dumb

Naw he isnt physical enough to play on the line and doesnt want to. He was a sophomore at the time when i told him and looked at his frame.

I'm implying that south florida kids think playing safety is essentially standing 20 yds away from the action and make a few plays on the ball a game. Its because thats how alot of them are used at the position in south florida.

I already posted how he should be used numerous times on here..not sure what Miami fans means. Im the first person to bring James Williams name to the board. Brought him to this board when he was a 9th grader and not as known at Pace. I think he will be a great player on defense once he gets to college and in a scheme that allows him to play to his strengths
[/QUO
Naaa g..most of simmons highlights are in space or coming down hill filling alleys or blitz packages..Clemson did not put that man in the box like tht
go look again

Advertisement
Not getting defensive I’m just asking. First of all if you watched the game tape you would see that he asked the coach to put him in the box because they kept running away from his side. As a coach you put your players in position to make a play on the field so that they execute your scheme to win the game. Western don’t run single high safety so he was always in pursuit instead of head up tackles if he was in the box Plus Columbus Had a way better O line compared to Westerns D line which caused Fatigue as the game went on.Go look at when he played a bigger physical back in Don Chaney Who currently plays for the U.... Made him look like a lil child... plus that back from Columbus is better then Chaney too.

Football players are football players no matter where you line them up at. He had opportunities to make kill shots while coming down hill at the ball carrier. He whiffed.

Keep in mind, you're talking to somebody who has the actual game film. Nobody ran away from him when he was at Safety. No OC is even worried about a high Safety when running the ball, because if the ball gets to a high Safety then that means the offense gained 8+ yards. So I can assure you that Columbus wasn't running away from him at a high Safety spot.
He missed MANY tackles while coming down-hill to tackle the RB. There's probably at least 4/5 in the 1st quarter alone. Like complete whiffs. Parrish had him tackling air.

And I know he's coached well, so that's no excuse. He simply didn't show the desire to tackle Henry Parrish, and IMO that's a telling sign.

I switched off as soon as homie compared him to Sean Taylor.

I could maybe tolerate Honey Badger, even if that is still off.

But ST? Nah, miss me with that nonsense.

Kids not better then Simmons cut it out....Similar but I have to see his college game first to be like ok he's Simmons level.

Simmons got in the game against us in the ACC Ship. Third string. Did you notice him? How many years did it take him to develop into “Simmons”....

Sean Taylor was a “Simmons” as a TRUE Soph. 2 years vs 4 years. Williams definitely has Simmons ability.

Question for me is... can he be a Badger/Blades.

Advertisement
Simmons got in the game against us in the ACC Ship. Third string. Did you notice him? How many years did it take him to develop into “Simmons”....

Sean Taylor was a “Simmons” as a TRUE Soph. 2 years vs 4 years. Williams definitely has Simmons ability.

Question for me is... can he be a Badger/Blades.
i didnt compare him to ST, 26 was the goat period. Simmons can flame out as well its entirely possible but u rarely see a linebacker testing like that with that size and frame.

i didnt compare him to ST, 26 was the goat period. Simmons can flame out as well its entirely possible but u rarely see a linebacker testing like that with that size and frame.

I was responding to you saying he wasn’t better than Simmons. And I just made a comparison between Simmons and ST. Basically Simmons bloomed after being developed. If Williams is developed- he can have the same impact.

Football players are football players no matter where you line them up at. He had opportunities to make kill shots while coming down hill at the ball carrier. He whiffed.

Keep in mind, you're talking to somebody who has the actual game film. Nobody ran away from him when he was at Safety. No OC is even worried about a high Safety when running the ball, because if the ball gets to a high Safety then that means the offense gained 8+ yards. So I can assure you that Columbus wasn't running away from him at a high Safety spot.
He missed MANY tackles while coming down-hill to tackle the RB. There's probably at least 4/5 in the 1st quarter alone. Like complete whiffs. Parrish had him tackling air.

And I know he's coached well, so that's no excuse. He simply didn't show the desire to tackle Henry Parrish, and IMO that's a telling sign.
right. Look at Tae Williams tape. no matter where he is even on special teams, he's trying to kill someone

I was responding to you saying he wasn’t better than Simmons. And I just made a comparison between Simmons and ST. Basically Simmons bloomed after being developed. If Williams is developed- he can have the same impact.
JW is a baller I am just in the zone of this kid likes Miami but has to make a business decision in the end crowd. Family always comes first and if a school will throw the bank at him thats where he will go no matter how much he loves the U. I know for every example people would use Duke Johnson but one there aint alot of Dukes and 2 Bama and those pay for play places werent looking to bring Duke at all costs.. He is going to get offers he can't refuse....these r the types that get the whole kitchen sink thrown at them

Last edited:
Advertisement

He is Developed it don’t take a Rocket science to see that, This year he getting coached up by a real DB coach with experience, y’all ain’t see nothing yet.

Advertisement
No reason too..how many times to u see Clemson lining him up in box?
Bra the man always no longer than 5-7 yards away from the scrimmage At the start of every play, most of his highlight is delayed blitzes and covering the flats. You never played football a day in your life I could see

Advertisement
Back