James Williams question

Just get him on campus and figure out the best way to use him, whether that be striker, Safety, or LB. Obviously due to his size he can be used in different ways depending on the package. He will need a fairly permanent position though.
Why he need a fairly permanent position? Ask Yourselves why Tyran Mathieu helped the chiefs defense last season ?

Advertisement
He’s not a striker, he’s not a LB, he’s not a safety. He’s a weapon. You scheme ways to best utilize a weapon. If they were smart they would make him a box safety that acts as a 4th backer or use him as their the 3rd “backer” when in a pass coverage set and use him to coverage tight ends. That doesn’t have a position because it’s usually played by multiple people at multiple positions. Essentially a hybrid safety instead of a hybrid LB like Striker and line him up all over the field in Isaiah Simmons-esque mold BUT lean towards more coverage responsibilities.
Everything right what you saying it’s just the Clemson player comparison. Simmons is stiff and ion see that dawg in him, I’d say a bigger Tyran Mathieu or Sean Taylor

Why he need a fairly permanent position? Ask Yourselves why Tyran Mathieu helped the chiefs defense last season ?
Theres not many guys like Mathieu, he can play S and CB at a high level. I dont know if William's is on that level of versatility. He is big and athletic, but you need more than that to be as versatile as Mathieu.

He ain’t got no position he’s labeled a athlete for a reason, lil bro can play any position on defense. He did it all his life
Well in cfb he gonna need to have position. I’m sure college coaches are telling him how they gunna use similar to how he’s used in HS And let him Roam and play multiple spots. Buts most don’t even have that structured in they D..

Advertisement
Not only that, somebody explained on here that when he was playing in the box he looked like he wanted no part of it. Not saying he can play multiple positions I'm just saying that so far alot of his best plays come from the S spot and not all over the field.

Advertisement
Columbus.

You wanna get defensive about your bro and argue with me?
Or you wanna sit down and watch the whole game tape?

Cause I've stuck up for him on this board multiple times. I think he's a phenomenal player. But he looked uncomfortable that game. A lot of whiffed tackles and timid play.
Not getting defensive I’m just asking. First of all if you watched the game tape you would see that he asked the coach to put him in the box because they kept running away from his side. As a coach you put your players in position to make a play on the field so that they execute your scheme to win the game. Western don’t run single high safety so he was always in pursuit instead of head up tackles if he was in the box Plus Columbus Had a way better O line compared to Westerns D line which caused Fatigue as the game went on.Go look at when he played a bigger physical back in Don Chaney Who currently plays for the U.... Made him look like a lil child... plus that back from Columbus is better then Chaney too.

I was at that game with Duasso and totally concur. Parrish ran wild and Elijah Roberts went off. I remember thinking how huge Williams was, but being very unimpressed wifh how he played. Henderson’s lil bro mossed either him or Hodges once as well. Frankly, I though Hodges (who played both ways), was Western’s best player (at least that game).
No what you saw was extreme Bad Coaching

Advertisement
Kids not better then Simmons cut it out....Similar but I have to see his college game first to be like ok he's Simmons level.
Simmons out of HS was a ATH played both sides and a lot of his tape was on O, Thats where He get his ball skills and instincts from..as far as him being compared to Williams, it’s a lazy comp imo..Simmons was like 6’3 205 out of HS..Williams is everybit of 6’5 220 plus..it’s a lil bit naive imo to think he wont be in the 235-240 range..the only safety to play at that size was cam chancellor..but cam wasn’t james size out HS either..it’s gunna be interesting to see how he’s used on the next leebe that’s for sure.

Theres not many guys like Mathieu, he can play S and CB at a high level. I dont know if William's is on that level of versatility. He is big and athletic, but you need more than that to be as versatile as Mathieu.
S CB DE DT Y’all never seen him at Noseguard 🤦🏾‍♂️ LB you name it , and offense IF THE OFFENSE ACT LIKE THEY CANT SCORE OR Offensive line if they acting like they can’t block. Listen rather y’all like it or not he is a Generational Talent

tell the kid he can coach or sell beer if he wants Whatever it takes to get him on campus.

Then you put him back there and if it turns out he is the next ST then that's great If not you show him where his talents will be better suited to get him to the next level...

Advertisement
We should be the ones selling him on being the next Sean Taylor not some redneck school in the SEC. What exactly are we telling this kid? What is our pitch to James Williams? Our coaches who recruit for defense cannot possibly think that leveling with this kid is the way to go. I mean there is no way they are that stupid. Oh wait.....
Bingo

Everything right what you saying it’s just the Clemson player comparison. Simmons is stiff and ion see that dawg in him, I’d say a bigger Tyran Mathieu or Sean Taylor
I wasn’t talking about Isaiah Simmons the player but referring to his role. He should be a positionless player but that plays more of a coverage role than Simmons did.

Advertisement
Back