James Williams question

Advertisement
He’s not a striker, he’s not a LB, he’s not a safety. He’s a weapon. You scheme ways to best utilize a weapon. If they were smart they would make him a box safety that acts as a 4th backer or use him as their the 3rd “backer” when in a pass coverage set and use him to coverage tight ends. That doesn’t have a position because it’s usually played by multiple people at multiple positions. Essentially a hybrid safety instead of a hybrid LB like Striker and line him up all over the field in Isaiah Simmons-esque mold BUT lean towards more coverage responsibilities.
You gotta have Football I.Q to be used the same way Clemson used Simmons...From a athletetic standpoint Williams has that in him..but on the next level we all know that athletic gap closes drastically

All we gotta do is offer him a spot at FS..manny/Banda/whoever better not be bringing up “striker” 🤣🤣
Hahahahaha.

Here's a video of me if I found out they used the word striker.

9DFCA2E7-B55C-4D99-8C76-1B3D0C39006D.gif

Advertisement
Where do this info be coming from , and what game you see him shy away from contact in the box

Columbus.

You wanna get defensive about your bro and argue with me?
Or you wanna sit down and watch the whole game tape?

Cause I've stuck up for him on this board multiple times. I think he's a phenomenal player. But he looked uncomfortable that game. A lot of whiffed tackles and timid play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Columbus.

You wanna get defensive about your bro and argue with me?
Or you wanna sit down and watch the whole game tape?

Cause I've stuck up for him on this board multiple times. I think he's a phenomenal player. But he looked uncomfortable that game. A lot of whiffed tackles and timid play.
I was at that game with Duasso and totally concur. Parrish ran wild and Elijah Roberts went off. I remember thinking how huge Williams was, but being very unimpressed wifh how he played. Henderson’s lil bro mossed either him or Hodges once as well. Frankly, I though Hodges (who played both ways), was Western’s best player (at least that game).

Yes Jawja has been selling him on being the next Sean Taylor and he’s eating it up. Why not be the next Sean Taylor at.....the school Sean Taylor played at? I have no idea lol but I agree, tell him whatever he wants to hear. Like Sean Taylor, he is such a freak athlete that he’ll dominate at any position he plays. I just think his ball skills are too good to not be a weapon on offense.
We should be the ones selling him on being the next Sean Taylor not some redneck school in the SEC. What exactly are we telling this kid? What is our pitch to James Williams? Our coaches who recruit for defense cannot possibly think that leveling with this kid is the way to go. I mean there is no way they are that stupid. Oh wait.....

Advertisement
yep. I think the recent commits have Williams thinking....

Pay attention These kids love Manny Diaz and the excitement he create during off-season, they just want to see it translate to the field. If we Win Big this year the flood gates will open for manny to get whoever he want from the State of Miami. Win a Natty and we get whoever we want

Advertisement
I remember i told him he wold be a de..the look he gave lmao.

Yea he isnt with it right now..not saying he cant play it...but that isnt his mindset..hes been in the back end so long that ..that what they like. You know down here in south florida **** near every kid wants to be a "safety". Feel its the money position and they can stay out the frey and just collect picks...until...well they hit realistic passing schemes and have to play "safety".

I remember kenny Phillips playing 30 yds off the ball as the singe high safety at carol city lmao.

I personally would move him all over the field..from Striker to the back end, to sending him on blitzes. **** creat a package just for his play type. If we win alot of games this season we got a slight chance, ive always held that position.
Lol Miami fans
I remember i told him he wold be a de..the look he gave lmao.

Yea he isnt with it right now..not saying he cant play it...but that isnt his mindset..hes been in the back end so long that ..that what they like. You know down here in south florida **** near every kid wants to be a "safety". Feel its the money position and they can stay out the frey and just collect picks...until...well they hit realistic passing schemes and have to play "safety".

I remember kenny Phillips playing 30 yds off the ball as the singe high safety at carol city lmao.

I personally would move him all over the field..from Striker to the back end, to sending him on blitzes. **** creat a package just for his play type. If we win alot of games this season we got a slight chance, ive always held that position.
So TIL this day he still a DE in your eyes? I Remember Kenneth Phillips was Drafted first round and help his team win a Super Bowl ring too, so what you implying?

All we gotta do is offer him a spot at FS..manny/Banda/whoever better not be bringing up “striker” 🤣🤣
He ain’t got no position he’s labeled a athlete for a reason, lil bro can play any position on defense. He did it all his life

Advertisement
Back