James Williams latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please spend 30 seconds Googling before you attempt to post a fact. They went 12-2 last year (11 wins the year before that), won the division, and won the Sugar Bowl. They finished the season ranked 4th overall, with wins over 4 teams that finished in the top 14.

I'm no Georgia fan, but this is a dumb argument. They've been the 4th or 5th best program since Kirby got there, including last year.
Yea whatever guy, they’re 4 years removed from winning something. The only thing they’ve accomplished is having overrated players and giving Texas a false sense of hope. Once Chubb and Michel left it was same ole’ UGA, the SEC’s bronze medal winner.

Advertisement
Please spend 30 seconds Googling before you attempt to post a fact. They went 12-2 last year (11 wins the year before that), won the division, and won the Sugar Bowl. They finished the season ranked 4th overall, with wins over 4 teams that finished in the top 14.

I'm no Georgia fan, but this is a dumb argument. They've been the 4th or 5th best program since Kirby got there, including last year.

You do know Krby at this point in his career is Richt right?

Yea whatever guy, they’re 4 years removed from winning something. The only thing they’ve accomplished is having overrated players and giving Texas a false sense of hope. Once Chubb and Michel left it was same ole’ UGA, the SEC’s bronze medal winner.
I generally agree with everything I see you post, But 99% of Cane fans would cut a finger off to have 13, 11 and then 12 wins in a season while always playing a handful of tough games.

Obviously at some point fans are gonna wanna see conference and national titles. But shlt happens when Bama also has a 80-85% blue chip ratio and LSU has the best QB season possibly of all time.

Define win. Is winning 10 games acceptable with this schedule? I’m not sold it is.
10 games would be more than acceptable. It would be another top 12 plus class. It would give UM a legit shot with guys like Williams. It means the Lashlee hire was solid. It means Diaz went from a losing record to double digit wins. That’s beyond legit for an ACC team regardless of how anyone feels about the schedule.
Diaz will keep his job with 9 wins. He may keep the job with 8 if he beats FSU. Not that most of us would be okay with that either. It’s reality. Golden had 3 years too long with FSU losses.

You do know Krby at this point in his career is Richt right?

And Richt won a ton early in his career. That's by no means an insult. Also, Kirby at this point in his career is well ahead of where guys like Dabo and Saban were, and probably in a similar point where Urban Meyer was. Idk how the rest of his career will go, but he's off to a great start (even if aided by bags).

What am I saying that is factually inaccurate? Georgia has won a ton. They just won the Sugar Bowl 5 months ago. They were knocked out of the playoff in the SEC championship the past 2 years, by a historically great LSU team and by a great Bama team (the game with the amazing comeback by Hurts). They've been the best program without a title over the past several seasons.

Idk what the future holds for them, but the argument that they haven't accomplished a lot is just silly. They haven't won a national title. But they've accomplished everything else.

Advertisement
You do realize they just had the top back in the draft drafted in round 1 this year right?

And Richt won a ton early in his career. That's by no means an insult. Also, Kirby at this point in his career is well ahead of where guys like Dabo and Saban were, and probably in a similar point where Urban Meyer was. Idk how the rest of his career will go, but he's off to a great start (even if aided by bags).

What am I saying that is factually inaccurate? Georgia has won a ton. They just won the Sugar Bowl 5 months ago. They were knocked out of the playoff in the SEC championship the past 2 years, by a historically great LSU team and by a great Bama team (the game with the amazing comeback by Hurts). They've been the best program without a title over the past several seasons.

Idk what the future holds for them, but the argument that they haven't accomplished a lot is just silly. They haven't won a national title. But they've accomplished everything else.
HEY CUZ YOU GOTTA GET IT DONE. THE U BEAT SOMW HISTORICALLY GOOD TEAMS BACK IN THE DAY. THATS WHAT MADE US THE U. NO EXCUSE UGA. GET IT DONE. YOU HAVE ALL THE TALENT TO YOURSELF. THEN U BUYS A COUPLE OF FLA BOYS. YOU GOT MORE THAN WNLUGH TO WIN. GET IT DONE OR YOURE JUST LIKE RICHT WAS THERE.

Dabo walked into a **** situation at Clemson
Saban walked into a **** situation at Bama

Kirby walked into a program at decently high level few years removed from almost beating Bama to go to a NC with multiple high recruiting classes

Advertisement
UM had its best recruiting class in years after winning 10 games. Winning absolutely matters. So do bags, coaches, and conference.
This staff in particular has to show they can win. A rookie HC with a losing record is a hard sell to a top recruit. I’m shocked UM is doing as well as they are recruiting. I’ll take it all day long though.
Imagine what’s going to happen after UM has high picks and actually wins 10 games 2 years in a row. UM would officially be back. Until then we are a sleeping giant. Diaz is getting a pass with Lashlee and King hype. Let’s not forget he hired Enos. Lashlee has to be a home run hire or kids won’t come even for Dykstra’s watch collection.

Ultimately it comes down to the coaches. Good/great coaches will bring in good/great players. If players come to your school simply b/c you win and you get lazy in the eval process you'll have a class like Larry Coker did in 2004. Highly rated but full of trash/ overrated players that thought winning consisted of just showing up with cute wrist bands and a U on the side of your helmit.

Advertisement
He's not getting fired. If they went 10-3 let's say and we went to the ACC title and get washed by Clemson. I would still say he's going to UGA cause of bags period. From what I heard on the inside he's going there period....I don't want to play the source game but he's gone bruh.

***** you ain't go no **** sauces!

Ultimately it comes down to the coaches. Good/great coaches will bring in good/great players. If players come to your school simply b/c you win and you get lazy in the eval process you'll have a class like Larry Coker did in 2004. Highly rated but full of trash/ overrated players that thought winning consisted of just showing up with cute wrist bands and a U on the side of your helmit.
So far I’d take Ryan Moore over Mark Pope and Sam Bruce. Akeem Jolla not so much. Coker still got a Hester though.

Advertisement
what u crying about
BD94F394-4EF2-4230-B814-1EA7500E2B4D.gif

So far I’d take Ryan Moore over Mark Pope and Sam Bruce. Akeem Jolla not so much. Coker still got a Hester though.
Even in that situation, the bigger sin was allowing yourself to enter 2006 with just six scholarship wide receivers due to an inability to recruit wide receivers. And by mid season, when Miami was 4-2 Coker found himself down to just three wide receivers due to injury. It's no wonder the team's offense completely ground to a halt and Miami went 2-4 the rest of the way.

Also, still can't understand how he missed on so many quarterbacks. Look at what he brought in!

2001 (11-1 prev season): No quarterback
2002 (12-0 prev season): Brock Berlin (5 star)
2003 (12-1 prev season): Kyle Wright (5 star)
2004 (11-2 prev season): Kirby Freeman (4 star)
2005 (9-3 prev season): No quarterback
2006 (9-3 prev season): No quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back