James Williams is not hurt

The only players on the team who gets unjustified "hate" is TVD & Henry Parrish.

JW is not hated, he was an Elite high ranked 5-Star that has yet to live up to the billing & gets rightfully criticized for his inconsistent play.

If he plays up to the level of his talent, no one will criticize him.

Advertisement
Does guidry play a lot of cover 1 or single high safety?

Bc if we move JW to Olb and keep 2 safeties, who would the 2nd safety be, and are they ready to contribute. Balom or Markeith I suppose

JW being the only Cane in the endzone trying to fight a bunch of flamer blue heeled ******* makes him 100% my guy. Dont ******* @ me about it either
That's what makes his inability to make plays (i.e tackling ******* Sam Howell at the 10-yard line instead of trying to truck which allowed him to score a touchdown) even more infuriating.

He plays with passion and you KNOW he wants to win but he just doesn't seem to want to change the way he plays to facilitate what it is he seemingly feels.

Advertisement
My post wasn’t directed to objectively/fact based fans. But there has been in fact ppl on the board acting like the man was a str8 up bum.

I have also been critical, but after seeing he needed surgery after playing the season hurt, I had to sit back and realize under the circumstances he played pretty dam good.

Last edited:
Exactly. Very little hate. We know if he puts it all together he can probably be our best player.

In a Utopian world where everyone plays to their potential....I disagree. In my opinion that guy would be L. Taylor.

Would be nice to see both of them achieve those heights though. Our defense would be a **** of a lot better in a hurry.

Advertisement
The only players on the team who gets unjustified "hate" is TVD & Henry Parrish.

JW is not hated, he was an Elite high ranked 5-Star that has yet to live up to the billing & gets rightfully criticized for his inconsistent play.

I don't get why Parrish gets hate. Dude took a beating all last year and still kept playing his *** off.

The level of hate this kid gets by the fan base is strange.. kids a baller. Played hurt, and never made one excuse.

Has he been playing out of position? Mostly likely.. but guess who calls the plays?

He’ll be a lot more appreciated and used correctly by the league when he leaves, like so many past players over the last 20 years.
Well when you take bone headed penalties every game and play soft then yes fans will start to hate.

I s
In a Utopian world where everyone plays to their potential....I disagree. In my opinion that guy would be L. Taylor.

Would be nice to see both of them achieve those heights though. Our defense would be a **** of a lot better in a hurry.
my point is he would be in the convo

TVD deserves the hate in my opinion.... Turn on the middle Tennessee game.... Dude threw the ball straight to them!

Everyone blames Gattis and that is fair and likely the reason for the drop off..... But TVD's accuracy and decision making was definitely put into question.

Last year he did not look like a potential NFL QB. Until he does, he deserves to be under the microscope.

You are correct on Parrish - deserves ZERO hate.

Advertisement
That's what makes his inability to make plays (i.e tackling ******* Sam Howell at the 10-yard line instead of trying to truck which allowed him to score a touchdown) even more infuriating.

He plays with passion and you KNOW he wants to win but he just doesn't seem to want to change the way he plays to facilitate what it is he seemingly feels.
howell pin balled off a lot of dudes on his way to two tds. Hopefully the entire D gets better at tackling. They all need to wrap up

howell pin balled off a lot of dudes on his way to two tds. Hopefully the entire D gets better at tackling. They all need to wrap up
Eh, kinda. Go back and watch that game and you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.

The defense was bad at tackling. I would argue James was at, or in my opinion, below the teams average.

Advertisement
By all accounts, James Williams was banged up enough that he shouldn't have even been playing most of last season.

He didn't wrap up like he did the previous season, was tackling/hitting with his good shoulder, etc. Wonder why he didn't wrap up, he had a dead arm essentially.

The fact that he was out there in itself says a lot about the backups. It also says what kind of team player as well as how tough he is.

I expect great things from him this year.

JW being the only Cane in the endzone trying to fight a bunch of flamer blue heeled ******* makes him 100% my guy. Dont ******* @ me about it either
That cat has serious dog in him. Lol

Maybe his play hasn’t been where we’d like, but the man jaws and flexes like the old school Canes. Got my respect, saw it in person.

Not really surprising james gonna move around alot, marshall played with 5 dbs 70% of their snaps u need someone who u can place in different spots.

TVD deserves the hate in my opinion.... Turn on the middle Tennessee game.... Dude threw the ball straight to them!

Everyone blames Gattis and that is fair and likely the reason for the drop off..... But TVD's accuracy and decision making was definitely put into question.

Last year he did not look like a potential NFL QB. Until he does, he deserves to be under the microscope.

You are correct on Parrish - deserves ZERO hate.
TVD gained weight and looked like a TE, last year. Is that Gattis’s fault? I think we all know Gattis was straight trash and a scumbag of a person but TVD isn’t completely innocent either. He has a lot to prove this year and the clock is ticking.

How anyone would kill Parrish is beyond me.

Advertisement
Back