James Williams Decommits

Advertisement
Based on what? We signed a kid last year who decommitted. One of our top commits this year is a previous decommit.

Unless you have inside info from the Williams family, which you don’t, you’re just speculating like everyone else.

We’ve had one good season in 15 years. We finished with a Top 10 class that year. It’s not that complicated. We play two full seasons before this kid even signs. If we perform, I expect him to sign with us.

We’ll see if a better record trumps bags.

Why exactly do we have to wish players who choose our competitors well? I don't wish them any harm, but we have to wish them good luck? I wish these local guys who turn their backs on UM about as much good luck as a stranger crossing the street. So long as they're not with us, they get indifference.

This all day and he. And shove the I’ll always bleed Orange and green schtick. You’re either with us or be prepared to be beat by us!

Advertisement
Oh and this isn’t the type of battle you win by winning games. This is an incentives based recruitment with people involved around the player that wanna get what they can out of the kid. IN the animal kingdom we call these leaches. I prefer to call them ****roaches. People who were never talked ehough to make their own wave so they have to hop on a 16 year olds back that doesn’t know any better. I’m fed up.

My point is their influence on the recruitment. Many players from the late 90’s and early 2000s admitted to it. But yes, I agree what these schools do nowadays is a bit more than what Miami was doing.

lalz at "a bit more". cmon mane.

Oh and this isn’t the type of battle you win by winning games. This is an incentives based recruitment with people involved around the player that wanna get what they can out of the kid. IN the animal kingdom we call these leaches. I prefer to call them ****roaches. People who were never talked ehough to make their own wave so they have to hop on a 16 year olds back that doesn’t know any better. I’m fed up.

This is correct. The reality is that he’ll be fielding $200k+ offers in no time. I started to have my doubts with this kid when I saw he transferred to AH. Huge red flag for me. Maybe we can put rumph on him - lolz

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who do you change? Rumph? Banda? Last I checked we had the #3 defense last year. I’ll take those stats all day and I ride with this squad until they don’t produce on the field. We are gonna continue to have kids use us as a holding spot, then dip out for the “business decision” until the overall record improves. Cause the NCAA ain’t gonna say **** about it’s big money makers staying on top. Emert’s gotta go. Until then we will still have plenty of talent to choose from to be plenty competitive. Big fan of the staff going around the country.

That’s great we had the number 3 defense. And now this year we are banking on 3 or 4 transfers, a kid that should be a minimum 2 to 3 year project at corner, and true freshmen at corner, to save the defense. It was a walk-on fest on defense in the spring because the numbers aren’t there because the defensive staff has struck out with sooooooo many recruits.
At some point you have to be proactive to keep it going. You can’t wait for the dam to burst before you decide to fix it.
This level of recruiting cannot continue. Where the staff refuses to take reaches, they only target studs (as they should). But they miss out on so many studs they end up pocketing the scholarship for next time in hopes that they will do better on the trail. But they aren’t doing better. So the numbers become thinner and thinner.

I love that Diaz is living on the transfer market to try to put a bandaid on the problem. It shows forward thinking. But that’s all it is. A bandaid. Eventually you got to fix the problem.

And going around the country will not work.
There’s a reason why college football powers are largely determined by your location to Cali, TX, or the south. The further you have to go to recruit, the weaker the crop you get.

And we don’t really have the facilities to blow away some kid from far away. Location is really all we have. We fold that, and that’s it. We’ve surrendered our competitive advantage.

This guy is a sophomore in high school. I am aware of the situation you are referring to but there is plenty of time to sort it out.

Advertisement
He’s a 2021 kid. Relax.

For real.

Long way to go and he's just gotten offers from the top dogs. He probably wants to see what we do on the field, can't say I blame him. I would be waiting as well while exploring all options. You can still love something, but that doesn't mean it's for you. Maybe we'll be what he wants when its pen to paper time.

Advertisement
So... what I’m reading is gogeta=Pork Chop?

river

If a kid latches onto any kind of street agent it’s the kids fault. They know they’re getting paid, and if they tell you different they’re lying. You gotta be some kind of stupid to let an adult make money off of you for doing nothing

Fingers crossed. I’m riding with Gogeta and D$ here.

That said, why would any kid who’s a top 10 in the country sophomore commit or stay committed to a school? Nothing wrong with this step. He obviously likes the U. But he’s a kid and presumably likes all that goes along with being a top recruit. Let’s stay on him, and show we’re a good choice (i.e., win).

Advertisement
Back