James Williams Decommits

Thing is 100k is **** compared to NFL money. Some of these kids are bought only to be stuck in a depth chart for years and have to either transfer to a low tier program or go undeafted and try to make a team. They’re taking 100k up front but loosing millions.

You're not wrong but when you're dirt poor or have adults pushing you in a certain direction it's hard to say no. They may be losing future earnings, but HS kids are only worried about the present and 100k is life-changing money for most of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So? What’s wrong with what he said
Absolutely nothing. He stated the truth. I don't see anything wrong with DJ or any other kid inside the program say to him. I'm sure they all know each other and all communicate on the regular.
I think that some of us fans are out of line jumping all over the kid on social media. Leave that to the players and let them regulate stuff like that on their end. It goes a longer way than what any of Jordan wearing old men with our baseball hats on backwards. Yours truly included cause I have a Twitter account; but I won't do that.

With us or F you 9,10,11,12 grade doesn't matter , have fun but commit and hold , alot of these kids are showing their weak-minded and easy to flip.

Advertisement
Thing is 100k is **** compared to NFL money. Some of these kids are bought only to be stuck in a depth chart for years and have to either transfer to a low tier program or go undeafted and try to make a team. They’re taking 100k up front but loosing millions.

Who the **** is losing millions by going to Alabama or Clemson or LSU instead of Miami? Are you high?

Exactly. South Florida elites don’t want to stay in Miami. And before anyone say why were they staying in Miami before?? Because of people like Shapiro and Uncle Luke. UGA, BAMA, and probably Clemson is just playing the old school Miami recruiting game. They just lucky they in a small country *** town where there’s very little to get caught. Now Even if we were to go to the Natty... Williams still wouldn’t come to Miami. This is a big loss for the 2021 U class.
Facts

Absolutely nothing. He stated the truth. I don't see anything wrong with DJ or any other kid inside the program say to him. I'm sure they all know each other and all communicate on the regular.
I think that some of us fans are out of line jumping all over the kid on social media. Leave that to the players and let them regulate stuff like that on their end. It goes a longer way than what any of Jordan wearing old men with our baseball hats on backwards. Yours truly included cause I have a Twitter account; but I won't do that.
He's Lucky Social Media wasn't around in the 90s...Especially the Late 90s....What DJ said pales in comparison to what would've been said and done then....

I love Miami. I choose to live in South Florda. If money didn’t exist I would play at the U. But this sht is a business.

Dabo ain’t getting 9.5 mil a year to be a mentor. This is professional athletics.

If the lord blessed me with a skill I could monetize I would play for the highest bidder.

I don’t know what any of you all do. Say you’re an accountant. You’d love to work for a firm in South Florida. That would be your preference. Even for slightly less money. But if a firm in Georgia would triple the offer, you’d take it. You’d take 240k a year to work in Georgia over 60k a year to do the same job in Miami. It’s capitalism. Not worth getting mad about. This kid is probably a legit huge Canes fan.

I don’t begrudge him a bit. Get your bread young blood
Your comparison is so weak.
An accountant is the end job. the one he went to school for. So the accountant analogy should be referring to a free agent looking for a contract and even then players don’t always got to the highest bidder. They go to the best situation, the best team to utilize they’re talents.
A kid going to a school that pays him the most is a sell out plain and simple.
These players are getting taken Advantage off because of the lifelong family situation. They’re getting taken advantage of by people with your mentality.
100k to a very poor family is a **** of a lot of money.
But in this new America it’s nothing.
Poor people stay poor cause they can’t handle or manage money. Athletes have blown 50-60 million cause they have a broke mentality even when they’re rich.
A poor family will blow through 100k in less than 6 months. And now your son is far away in a place he doesn’t like in a situation he might not be suited for
Football doesn’t last forever.
If I’m a 5 star kid I’m not going to the highest bidder. I’m going to where I can play and be utilized. A place I can develop, a place I can feel comfortable and close to my family.
The psychological effects of playing in the right situation, playing for your brothers and family will pay dividends that a sellout 100k can’t.
I know situations out there are hard.
Why would some people risk their freedom for Rolex or a chain. But these kids are so close to the dream and selling out can cost you at the end.
Yes there are dudes that left here for bags and are in the nfl. But there are more who didn’t and likely would’ve balled if they picked the right situation for them.
When I graduated school I went to the highest bidder. One of the biggest mistakes I could’ve ever done. The good part is My career field has a lot of options and I was able to get out of a situation that was bad for me.
If a kid chooses the wrong situation he may blow his career and development. Case in point Tyler Byrd . He would be in the draft right now I fckng guarantee it if he would’ve stayed.
Instead he’s been playing for a team that can’t develop or figure out what **** position he should be playing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid got an offer he couldn’t refuse. Can’t blame him. I take the de commitment as a wish I could be a Cane but the bag could help my family right now. Wish him well. Seems like a good kid.
If it is a bag looks like the IRS will be involved shortly. They have the right to audit the trail of money starting at the top. There will be less hiding the source than many of you likely believe. If they’re coming to South Florida as has been reported clearly they are targeting the largest universities.

If it is a bag looks like the IRS will be involved shortly. They have the right to audit the trail of money starting at the top. There will be less hiding the source than many of you likely believe. If they’re coming to South Florida as has been reported clearly they are targeting the largest universities.
Nah. Maybe the schools or coaches get sanctioned or fired. The government will not go after low income minority families that are “victims” (willing sellers).

You know how the game is. I gotta keep it real. I love living in South Florida. Lifestyle, happiness, family, activities. Just a joyful place to be. But if someone wants to get my grandma out of public housing I could mess with Norman, Columbus, Tuscaloosa, Athens or Clemson. And thats real talk. That’s being a man. That’s caring about more than myself.

We shouldn’t complain about the bag game. Gotta match and exceed it. I want Miami to be the strongest financial offer as well as the best lifestyle, fit and education offer

I thought his mom was pushing him to Miami??? He was stuck on Bama
Ingraham and Neal were both said to be heavy Miami leans. Ingraham was even said to be a silent as was Harris.
Harris was a silent but visited bama one last time with the folks.
Neal’s mom went by herself to bama on a Friday on the last day before the dead period.
All 3 signed with bama.

Ingraham and Neal were both said to be heavy Miami leans. Ingraham was even said to be a silent as was Harris.
Harris was a silent but visited bama one last time with the folks.
Neal’s mom went by herself to bama on a Friday on the last day before the dead period.
All 3 signed with bama.
He was all Bama before that visit... I understand Harris... Ingraham was just waiting on the offer he not good enough to get bags from bama

Advertisement
Back