James Williams Decommits

Advertisement
Some of you guys apparently have never been to college. Every university has a job placement department. Alabama does nothing different than that, the same thing that is done at every university. They’re just wrapping it in and athletic bow. It’s no better than what Miami does, and actually Miami is the better deal, better academic reputation, an MBA program designed specifically for ex-athletes, situated in the market with many more jobs available, etc.

It’s hard to believe our own fans fall for the SEC bag school hype.

Sure go to Alabama, you might get a $15 an hour job in the service sector, or mowing lawns, in the state of Alabama.

Congratulations on your Alabama degree. It’s going to look real good up on the wall at the back of Gomer Pyle‘s garage and oil change.
UM has a special MBA program for ex-athletes? I knew somebody years ago who I recently found is the UM business school counselor who meets with recruits. I wonder if she is involved with the program....

I really don't want to mention her name.

Advertisement
UM has a special MBA program for ex-athletes? I knew somebody years ago who I recently found is the UM business school counselor who meets with recruits. I wonder if she is involved with the program....

I really don't want to mention her name.

It does. Even athletes from other schools have taken it, I think even some NBA guys. It’s real.

He tells everyone he wants to leave Florida.

Saban really promotes their "after" program with recruits. The whole alumni network, etc. It's the same thing as our U Connect network that CMR started. I can't remember which recruit mentioned it - I think it was the kid from Georgia that came last spring and committed and then over the weekend talked to Bama and committed to them. He made a point of saying how important that was to him
Kevin Harris

Advertisement
Advertisement
What’s the significance of him transferring to Western?

Western is a public school in Davie, close to cypress bay and schools like Piper and American Heritage. Coaching staff seems to like Miami and it’s a public school that’s not known as a football power. He will have less pressure to pick a SEC school for example. At American Heritage it’s a who’s who of recruits and rich people and they seem to be pushing kids elsewhere.

They typically have one D1 prospect every year, Felicinano went to Western I believe. Usually hard nosed kids without drama

I want to word this correctly, I feel private schools with people around the program are bad because they have money and try to be father figures for kids that may come from a single family or broken home. These cats tend to go to schools not Miami. Schools in Broward County in cities like Fort Lauderdale are bad because of the family dynamic of the city and everyone is family and everyone has opinions and push you one way plus and start getting middle men involved, example Dillard. And Dade county public schools like anywhere in Miami are the worst for all the same reasons plus bagmen.

Western HS, is in country *** Davie, football isn’t the talk of town and middle men aren’t typically showing to a school like that. I couldn’t think of a better place for him to go.

Last edited:
Kid got an offer he couldn’t refuse. Can’t blame him. I take the de commitment as a wish I could be a Cane but the bag could help my family right now. Wish him well. Seems like a good kid.
WTF are you talking about can't refuse? A gun was held to his head and someone said decomitt from Miami or else? I'm sure Silvera, Lingard, Pope, Jordan, Mallory all had "Offers they couldn't refuse." No such thing exists. You're either for sale or you're not.

Last edited:
Western is a public school in Davie, close to cypress bay and schools like Piper and American Heritage. Coaching staff seems to like Miami and it’s a public school that’s not known as a football power. He will have less pressure to pick a SEC school for example. At American Heritage it’s a who’s who of recruits and rich people and they seem to be pushing kids elsewhere.

They typically have one D1 prospect every year, Felicinano went to Western I believe. Usually hard nosed kids without drama

I want to word this correctly, I feel private schools with people around the program are bad because they have money and try to be father figures for kids that may come from a single family or broken home. These cats tend to go to schools not Miami. Schools in Broward County in cities like Fort Lauderdale are bad because of the family dynamic of the city and everyone is family and everyone has opinions and push you one way plus and start getting middle men involved, example Dillard. And Dade county public schools like anywhere in Miami are the worst for all the same reasons plus bagmen.

Western HS, is in country *** Davie, football isn’t the talk of town and middle men aren’t typically showing to a school like that. I couldn’t think of a better place for him to go.
Gotcha. I have some cousins that went to Piper. We had a LB from Western when Golden was here. He had the concussions that cut his college career. Can’t remember his name for my life. Josh Witt or something close to that.

Advertisement
Gotcha. I have some cousins that went to Piper. We had a LB from Western when Golden was here. He had the concussions that cut his college career. Can’t remember his name for my life. Josh Witt or something close to that.

I’m pretty sure Witt went to Cypress Bay with Danny isadora which honestly is 4 miles from western in Weston, FL. What usually happened is kids that are really good would transfer from a school like western on STA or American Heritage.

I think Feleciano and Fabin Moreau are the only two to make it to NFL from Western

I honestly miss the days when kids stayed at there home schools. I would rather win a state championship with kids I went to elementary school with then some 5* from another county. It just means more that we put on and brought a title back to our community it's a pride thing.

Advertisement
Back