James Williams Decommits

Advertisement
Just another day in the life of SFl mercenaries. We’ve seen this too many times before to be shocked and appalled.

I try to not be so judgmental because I realize some of these kids unfortunately are in such **** situations that there is so much home pressure on them to ‘go get that bag’. But this **** is frustrating though.

It is what it is. The staff just has to be very aware of this each cycle and keep contingency plans actively in place. Something Richt’s guys didn’t do well enough. They were of the mindset that kids go where they receive the most focused attention. In some cases yeah, but in the case of the SFl athlete it’s a huge bag factor at play, and you have to account for that.

I’d keep soft feelers out on this kid but I wouldn’t invest much in going after him. Go aggressively at others and keep it moving.

Some notes from another interview with Williams today:

- he stayed well after the tourney ended to hang with coaches, etc
- Miami showing him a lot of love. Felt good to be "home"
- leaving tomorrow with his "godfather" to go on a trip to FSU, Alabama and Georgia next week.
- Says he has no favorites. Letting his recruitment play out...
- Will be back on campus for Paradise next weekend.

Advertisement

Don't know if this was already posted in any other threads, if so my bad.

But to sum it up, when Seymore shut down his recruitment James tweeted out respect 💯 & Gil said what needed to be said. Which is why I love Gil & that's something I hope to see from more of our current players.

Let these kids know, all that talk about how you "love Miami" & you bleed Orange & Green but will fck us over every time one them $EC schools comes around is flaw as **** & some straight bullsh*t. I understand they live hard lives & got everybody pulling them in different directions searching for money, but at the end of the day, if you just want money so bad then stop acting like you love The U & don't drag us along. Just get your **** bags & leave us be.

Don't know if this was already posted in any other threads, if so my bad.

But to sum it up, when Seymore shut down his recruitment James tweeted out respect 💯 & Gil said what needed to be said. Which is why I love Gil & that's something I hope to see from more of our current players.

Let these kids know, all that talk about how you "love Miami" & you bleed Orange & Green but will fck us over every time one them $EC schools comes around is flaw as **** & some straight bullsh*t. I understand they live hard lives & got everybody pulling them in different directions searching for money, but at the end of the day, if you just want money so bad then stop acting like you love The U & don't drag us along. Just get your **** bags & leave us be.

Exactly I understand the whole situation with his family but dont use that as an excuse alot of other inner city kids deal with situations similar to his

Advertisement

- leaving tomorrow with his "godfather" to go on a trip to FSU, Alabama and Georgia next week.
Is godfather the new term for handler?

I think Williams would give Miami a home town discount. If Miami drops a $50k bag on him he probably comes back to da crib.

Advertisement
I honestly miss the days when kids stayed at there home schools. I would rather win a state championship with kids I went to elementary school with then some 5* from another county. It just means more that we put on and brought a title back to our community it's a pride thing.
Bron changed all that by bringing his talents...

Advertisement

He's going to be leaving Bama and Georgia with some big duffel bags.

Advertisement
Back