James Williams 3.0

I love Kitchens. This class is full of ballers. Even a kid like Tyler Johnson is a mad dude. We are getting aggressive dudes on D and that never should have changed. Manny does appear to know how to scout. Maybe his coaching needed some patience from us all. Still no excuse to lose to the crap we did last year. But if he continues to recruit like he has, he can be an ok coach and win a lot of games

His coaching.., you can’t really judge it because the defense (where he specializes) was still good last year. He made what we all thought was a great hire at the time to run the offense and he got bamboozeled! Lol.
“Spread coast” 😂
Sucks that the offense was trash and his qb was a bum. But I loved that he sent them bums packing!! Got a better QB and better OC.

Advertisement
Y’all need to stop over analyzing. Yes, this isn’t good. We’re battling them. Here’s what you’re forgetting though, Tristian Leigh did this very same thing last week. Kid was in Atlanta and literally said F it I’m visiting UM. Was everybody up in arms about it the way we are? No. Does that mean this is nothing either? No but it was bound to happen with recruits just like Tristian proved.

Advertisement
Rusty Mansell chipped in with a short note this morning. He spoke to him at that camp yesterday.

-Spent a good bit of time talking with James Williams on Sunday and he is very low key, does not say much. That is 2nd time I have seen him in person (last year 7 on 7) and he is legit 6-5. I can tell you that he is in no hurry, and obviously a two team race with Miami. Dan Lanning is very big here, he really likes him and told me how much that relationship means to him. Scott Cochran is also recruiting here. LONG way to go, but I would still chose Georgia if I had to today.

Still, it's looking to be a tough decision, as the differences between the two schools are few and far between for Williams.
"There's nothing too different. Nothing that surprising, because I'm the type of person that I don't really go by what I see; I go by what I hear, what comes to the table. I go by action, I don't go by words. I don't go by mouth," he said. "I go by your actions. Both of them show the actions that I want."

Even the depth charts at both Miami and Georgia have been of little concern or thought.
"I'm coming to work, that's all. I'm coming to work; that's just my way. I don't know about who's on the depth chart. People say focus on the depth. I don't focus on the depth," Williams said. "I focus on me, because if I stand out, I'm going to have to play."

Uh what?

Advertisement
Recruiting ain’t for the weak.
So it’s midnight and I’m tired so I’m my weakened state I’ll go ahead and say that man ain’t coming.
That’s a bag trip. “Oh I’m just here to support my boy on his long *** drive to atl.
That’s like telling my wife “I had to stop by my ex’s to pick up some of my stuff”.
Ain’t sht in ex’s house that I don’t all of the sudden need except puzzy.
Telling me no one on his family been up to Athens?
Wasn't it Stephenson that had families in Georgia last cycle? A lot of South Florida family moving to Ga😄😄

Last edited:
Advertisement
That notion has been reinforced by Miami natives who've come to Athens before him, such as James Cook, Divaad Wilson, and Tyson Campbell.
"They say it wasn't really hard, because when at first they got there, it was like family. They say it wasn't even hard for them to transition," Williams said. "It was just like a brotherhood.

One of those three in the portal and I've heard that another one is not necessarily all that happy at uga.
-shrugs shoulders

Advertisement
The timing here stinks of "he's talking up Miami too much...this is our S. FL guy for this cycle, and we ain't losing him...get him up here and give him some more money".

The bag schools each pick a guy every cycle from down here, and he's the one who will get whatever he wants to get the signature. Williams is UbaGA's guy this cycle.

Advertisement
Back