James Williams 3.0

Advertisement
"I'm hoping to surprise myself when I make the decision, if you want to be for real." - from the article above lol...

Again, I think he wants Miami to give him a reason to commit. UGA is probably pressing him hard to commit (Smart comes from Saban's tree) and shut it down. The fact he hasn't is good news for the good guys.

Again, I think he wants Miami to give him a reason to commit. UGA is probably pressing him hard to commit (Smart comes from Saban's tree) and shut it down. The fact he hasn't is good news for the good guys.

yes, i agree. I think UGA thought he was going to commit when he asked for the edit and put out his top 2. They thought it was coming then.

Kirby's lost a couple of guys they thought they were getting this week. Both ended up at Bama. There's another one that seems to be a a dogfight with Auburn. He does not want to lose Williams.

Advertisement
I know this a lil off topic but how do they got Brock Vandergriff still committed with all Newman Daniels and Carson beck in there QB room. Someone gonna have to go. James should just get Vandergriff to come on down lol

I know this a lil off topic but how do they got Brock Vandergriff still committed with all Newman Daniels and Carson beck in there QB room. Someone gonna have to go. James should just get Vandergriff to come on down lol
I bet Beck has underperformed. You don’t take the USC kid and Vandergriff if he’s lighting up practice.

Man listen... I want the kid.. I really do. But with chase smith sitting RIGHT THERE I don’t really wanna wait on him. Especially when a higher ranked player at a more premium position(looking at you LT) has it in his mind that he wants to be at Miami. Don’t get me wrong JW is talented but the safety room is loaded.. I won’t lose a bit of sleep over losing him but I’m crying myself to sleep if I lose chase smith because I was afraid of losing James Williams

Advertisement
We gon be alright at striker... Gil came on at the end of the year. He was Finley’s backup playing striker for the first time. He should’ve been a free safety though. Brooks And Huff have gained weight, ain’t worried about them. Plus they won’t both start. Williams may not even start until his sophomore year here If he comes cause we got guys here that can ball waiting their turns.

I’m not Hating in Gil at all! Dude is a player in my opinion. I guess my Point is, James Williams is such a special athlete, you figure it out once he’s on campus. I Brought up Derwin James because that dude could play pretty much everywhere on defense outside of DT. I think Williams is so special
you can do whatever you want with him. He’s a boss. But i also like the size where he can attack the run as well.

Man listen... I want the kid.. I really do. But with chase smith sitting RIGHT THERE I don’t really wanna wait on him. Especially when a higher ranked player at a more premium position(looking at you LT) has it in his mind that he wants to be at Miami. Don’t get me wrong JW is talented but the safety room is loaded.. I won’t lose a bit of sleep over losing him but I’m crying myself to sleep if I lose chase smith because I was afraid of losing James Williams

Chase Is a stud. It would bother me if he isn’t a part of this class somehow. I’m hoping they move the kid from Northwestern to D End as the second in this class and take Chase at backer.

"I'm hoping to surprise myself when I make the decision, if you want to be for real." - from the article above lol...
This quote is definitely in regards to Miami. UGA shouldn’t be much of a surprise if they’re already favored. Sounds like he wants to see if Miami can have double digit wins this season before he makes up his mind.

Recruiting ain’t for the weak.
So it’s midnight and I’m tired so I’m my weakened state I’ll go ahead and say that man ain’t coming.
That’s a bag trip. “Oh I’m just here to support my boy on his long *** drive to atl.
That’s like telling my wife “I had to stop by my ex’s to pick up some of my stuff”.
Ain’t sht in ex’s house that I don’t all of the sudden need except puzzy.
Telling me no one on his family been up to Athens?

Advertisement
Chase Is a stud. It would bother me if he isn’t a part of this class somehow. I’m hoping they move the kid from Northwestern to D End as the second in this class and take Chase at backer.

If the choice is

1. random QB and Smith
2. Smith and Williams

I prefer option 2. You don't turn down that kind of talent. Unless its Trevor Lawrence, a QB recruit is probably getting a redshirt and wont contribute much in his 1st year. On the other hand, I could see both Smith and Williams making huge contributions.

If the choice is

1. random QB and Smith
2. Smith and Williams

I prefer option 2. You don't turn down that kind of talent. Unless its Trevor Lawrence, a QB recruit is probably getting a redshirt and wont contribute much in his 1st year. On the other hand, I could see both Smith and Williams making huge contributions.

I would agree with option 2 but it causes me to worry. Correct me if i’m wrong, but We would have Perry, Van Dyke ( hes really good) and the kid from Texas who’s name escapes me. Perry worries me a bit. I guess worse case if he left we would take a grad transfer? But 3 QBs scares me with the portal as active as it is. If you told me Perry and Van Dyke are in place, you may be right on with selling a stud QB in 22 to come on board because he would have to battle TVD.

But there is the thought that why not add those two kids above and their talent and figure it out from there.

I agree I take Chase Smith now if he wants to commit

Advertisement
I’m not Hating in Gil at all! Dude is a player in my opinion. I guess my Point is, James Williams is such a special athlete, you figure it out once he’s on campus. I Brought up Derwin James because that dude could play pretty much everywhere on defense outside of DT. I think Williams is so special
you can do whatever you want with him. He’s a boss. But i also like the size where he can attack the run as well.

While I do think he is a good player, he is going to have a learning curve before he can get on the field. His tackling needs a lot of work. In this defense you have to be able to tackle. That’s his main weakness along with stiffness. As big as he is, he has been said to be afraid of contact by those who have seen him live. But by his highlight film, he ain’t a thumper for a kid his size.

While I do think he is a good player, he is going to have a learning curve before he can get on the field. His tackling needs a lot of work. In this defense you have to be able to tackle. That’s his main weakness along with stiffness. As big as he is, he has been said to be afraid of contact by those who have seen him live. But by his highlight film, he ain’t a thumper for a kid his size.

Very Interesting. Things I have not heard until reading this. Although, this board is sensational as are posters like you that. I’m not sure how someone is a top ten national recruit and is afraid of contact. But I can see the rest of what you said being true. But you are also 💯 correct about needing to tackle to play in this scheme. And god knows we struggled to tackle last year as well as had missed assignments in coverage that killed us. Ivey as talented as he is made two of the most bone header plays in coverage that cost of 6 in the GT game and the FIU game. People mentioned technique for Kitchens, but watching him, he finds a way to tackle. But I hope it’s not true about Williams not loving contact. Yikes

Very Interesting. Things I have not heard until reading this. Although, this board is sensational as are posters like you that. I’m not sure how someone is a top ten national recruit and is afraid of contact. But I can see the rest of what you said being true. But you are also 💯 correct about needing to tackle to play in this scheme. And god knows we struggled to tackle last year as well as had missed assignments in coverage that killed us. Ivey as talented as he is made two of the most bone header plays in coverage that cost of 6 in the GT game and the FIU game. People mentioned technique for Kitchens, but watching him, he finds a way to tackle. But I hope it’s not true about Williams not loving contact. Yikes

Yeah it’s in one of the threads on him. Guys that have seen him live. These scouts nowadays scout from home watching highlight tapes. And watching guys at camps in t-shirts. He can run and is kind of rangy when running under balls and has height to go get it so he always shines there. But tackling can be masked. He has the intangibles. That’s why he is so highly rated. But Kitchens is better than him because he just does it all at a high level.

Yeah it’s in one of the threads on him. Guys that have seen him live. These scouts nowadays scout from home watching highlight tapes. And watching guys at camps in t-shirts. He can run and is kind of rangy when running under balls and has height to go get it so he always shines there. But tackling can be masked. He has the intangibles. That’s why he is so highly rated. But Kitchens is better than him because he just does it all at a high level.

I love Kitchens. This class is full of ballers. Even a kid like Tyler Johnson is a mad dude. We are getting aggressive dudes on D and that never should have changed. Manny does appear to know how to scout. Maybe his coaching needed some patience from us all. Still no excuse to lose to the crap we did last year. But if he continues to recruit like he has, he can be an ok coach and win a lot of games

Advertisement
Back