James Williams 3.0

Your such a dumb sum *****

take the athlete and plug in the best position to succeed

is this your first CROOTING season??

tighten up
You can play James anywhere and all over the place ala Derwin James. He would be the perfect Striker in this defense. To me, a striker needs to be strong enough to defend the run and I think we have been burned either with someone who struggles in past coverage or someone like Frierson who isn’t big enough to play the run.

When you look at our backers besides The senior that red shirted, Brooks is 200, Huff is 200, Gilbert is what? 205-210? James Williams solves all of that and you can blitz him.
We gon be alright at striker... Gil came on at the end of the year. He was Finley’s backup playing striker for the first time. He should’ve been a free safety though. Brooks And Huff have gained weight, ain’t worried about them. Plus they won’t both start. Williams may not even start until his sophomore year here If he comes cause we got guys here that can ball waiting their turns.

Advertisement
Some guys are not comfortable near the line it’s just fact. It’s a mindset. Some don’t have that junkyard dog mentality. Amari carter is great near the line and great at blitzing. But a guy like bubba bolden looks terrible at it. I saw him blitz once this last season and it was bad. To assume that Williams will automatically be good at it is a stretch

You can play James anywhere and all over the place ala Derwin James. He would be the perfect Striker in this defense. To me, a striker needs to be strong enough to defend the run and I think we have been burned either with someone who struggles in past coverage or someone like Frierson who isn’t big enough to play the run.

When you look at our backers besides The senior that red shirted, Brooks is 200, Huff is 200, Gilbert is what? 205-210? James Williams solves all of that and you can blitz him.
Brooks is 220

Kirby took a guy a few years back named Otis Reese. 6-4 210. Everyone had him listed as a Lb but Georgia had him at safety and loved his size on the back end. Their selling point should be how they’re using Otis Reese... Oh wait, nvm he transferred.

Kirby took a guy a few years back named Otis Reese. 6-4 210. Everyone had him listed as a Lb but Georgia had him at safety and loved his size on the back end. Their selling point should be how they’re using Otis Reese... Oh wait, nvm he transferred.
Yeah. Nothing sells recruits like the immortal Otis Reese. Come be the next Otis Reese!

Advertisement
Williams reminds of Ray Ray Armstrong who was too stubborn to move to LB in college and the coaches let him play out of position. The dude got screwed by the Nevin scandle but was a good kid.

Move Williams to LB, no question, he’s already outgrown safety

Advertisement
So with the question posed of us landing Williams/Kam/Chase, how does the rest of the class look?

QB Braxton
RB Franklin
RB Daniels
WR George
WR Brinson
WR B Smith
WR Yulkeith
TE Brantley
TE Arroyo
OL Seymore
OL McLaughlin
OL Rodriguez
OL Walker or JWill taking 1 scholly
DL Taylor
DL Haye
DE Hammett
DE Ishmael
LB Johnson
LB Troutman
LB C Smith (striker)
CB Burns
CB Curtis
CB M Brown
DB Williams
DB Kitchens
K Borregales

Question I pose is due to landing Williams, it creates a situation, where imo, you have to pick between keeping CB/ATH Curtis or WR/ATH Yulkeith (not comparing the skill set, just asking which position do we need more)? Hurts but I'd say we would need to keep Curtis unless the belief is Yulkeith would be a better college D1 CB.
Keep both. We can have a recruiting violation this cycle and next. Bama and FSU did it all the time when they were on top every year.

So, make your own judgement after reading this. It was put out late this afternoon by the UGA Rivals site. Williams himself posted on his Instagram he was in Macon, GA on Friday and Alpharetta, GA on Saturday. Several posters on their 247 board discussed him being in Athens on Saturday night. And btw, QB commit Brock Vandergriff was in Athens "showing around" another UGA target , Amarius Mims, on Saturday too. Mims is a target UGA is in a tight recruiting battle for with Bama, and Auburn. All of that was in the headlines of their 247 board.

Here's the interview Williams game UGA Rivals:

JOHNS CREEK, Georgia - You don't expect to bump into one of the top players in South Florida in the metro-Atlanta area, but that was the case on Sunday. American Heritage safety

James Williams turned up at Mt. Pisgah in Johns Creek, for the local stop of the MVP Camp.

The nation's No. 20 overall player wasn't taking part; he was there to support his god-brother, a young quarterback at American Heritage who came up to work out.

While rumors circulated over the weekend about the four-star making a trek to Athens during the time in the Peach State—and while indeed he crossed into Clarke County—Williams was quick to dispel any hype around that trip.

"We drove up to and through Athens, but we didn't even really stop. I just went through for (my family) to see how it is, see what it's looking like. I didn't talk with anybody or anything. I just drove out with the family to show them around," he said.
In fact, there was no reason for a stop. His family members were getting their own glimpse of the campus, but Williams has been to Athens well over a dozen times in the past. He feels he's got a firm grasp on the offerings.

What remains for him to find out? "There ain't too much," he clarified. "I know everything about both Georgia and Miami. I know what they want out of me, and I know what I want out of them," he said. "It's just going to come down to God leading me to the right school and picking the right decision that's best for me—not coaches, not for the best players around me. It's what's best for James. I know when I'm going to get it done. It'll be Signing Day in December."

"What's best" is still up in the air.
"Right now, I just don't know where I'm going. I'm lost myself," Williams said. "I'm hoping to surprise myself when I make the decision, if you want to be for real."
"What's best" will have to include a deep bond, however, which is what allowed him to narrow the list to two schools.

"Growing up, I've always been so much about family. My family has been tight with me no matter what. I feel like those two are the only schools that are really showing me what family is. As I've been on campus, and they've shown me what family really is," Williams said. "Relationships build no matter who you're with. As long as you've known them forever, the relationship is going to build. My relationship has built with every coach I've had that's been recruiting me from Georgia and Miami. I have relationships with all of them," Williams said. "If I want to go to Miami, my relationships will still be cool with Georgia. If I want to go to Georgia, my relationship would be good with Miami, because I'm based on relationships. It's not all about football."

The Bulldogs have clearly made it a point of emphasis.
"They've shown me with the brotherhood they have, how they carry themselves in the game, how they carry themselves around campus when they see each other, how the coaches carry themselves when they see players; what they did for the players, what they do for the players," Williams said. "All that shows me what a real family does."

That notion has been reinforced by Miami natives who've come to Athens before him, such as James Cook, Divaad Wilson, and Tyson Campbell.
"They say it wasn't really hard, because when at first they got there, it was like family. They say it wasn't even hard for them to transition," Williams said. "It was just like a brotherhood. They tell me to do what's best for me—not what's best for the city, not what the coach is saying. Do what's best for me. Where I think I'm going to play, where I feel I'm going to play—go with my gut rather than with somebody else's plan."

His family has helped to aid in that mentality.
"They really don't care (about distance or staying close to home). It's about me," Williams said. "They're going to come see me regardless of where I go, so it's on me."

Still, it's looking to be a tough decision, as the differences between the two schools are few and far between for Williams.
"There's nothing too different. Nothing that surprising, because I'm the type of person that I don't really go by what I see; I go by what I hear, what comes to the table. I go by action, I don't go by words. I don't go by mouth," he said. "I go by your actions. Both of them show the actions that I want."

Even the depth charts at both Miami and Georgia have been of little concern or thought.
"I'm coming to work, that's all. I'm coming to work; that's just my way. I don't know about who's on the depth chart. People say focus on the depth. I don't focus on the depth," Williams said. "I focus on me, because if I stand out, I'm going to have to play."

Kipp Adams, insider on the UGA 247 board, also put out a shorter article about Williams earlier this afternoon. Here's what he wrote:

On Saturday, a pair of five-stars hung out in Athens in Georgia quarterback commitment Brock Vandagriff and offensive tackle Amarius Mims. On Sunday, another five-star arrived.

Dawgs247 confirmed that Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage five-star athlete James Williams spent time in Athens on Saturday as well. Williams named Miami and Georgia as his top two last month. But he told Rusty Mansell that does not mean a decision is close.

"Not right now, I am still waiting until signing day."

The versatile defender has been in Athens several times before, including in January, building a strong comfort level.

"It feels like a family, a home," Williams said. "A home I can be at."

Not only is Williams in touch with Kirby Smart, but also new special teams coordinator Scott Cochran.

"He is really genuine he keeps it one hundred," Williams said.

Dawgs' defensive coordinator Dan Lanning is pushing to add Williams to his squad.

"He is amazing," Williams said. "That is a great defensive coordinator right there."

Williams has been trending to Georgia on the 247Sports Crystal Ball since August with all nine predictions in favor of the Dawgs landing his commitment and an average confidence rating of 8 out of 10. If that predictive feature holds true, that would mean the No. 1 prospect in the state of Florida could be leaving the Sunshine State for the fifth time in the last six years.

"I am going to go where I feel most comfortable," Williams said.

Adams NEVER gives any other side of an interview but the one favorable for UGA.

Advertisement
Williams reminds of Ray Ray Armstrong who was too stubborn to move to LB in college and the coaches let him play out of position. The dude got screwed by the Nevin scandle but was a good kid.

Move Williams to LB, no question, he’s already outgrown safety

He told the UGA writers today he weighs 218

Advertisement
So, make your own judgement after reading this. It was put out late this afternoon by the UGA Rivals site. Williams himself posted on his Instagram he was in Macon, GA on Friday and Alpharetta, GA on Saturday. Several posters on their 247 board discussed him being in Athens on Saturday night. And btw, QB commit Brock Vandergriff was in Athens "showing around" another UGA target , Amarius Mims, on Saturday too. Mims is a target UGA is in a tight recruiting battle for with Bama, and Auburn. All of that was in the headlines of their 247 board.

Here's the interview Williams game UGA Rivals:

JOHNS CREEK, Georgia - You don't expect to bump into one of the top players in South Florida in the metro-Atlanta area, but that was the case on Sunday. American Heritage safety

James Williams turned up at Mt. Pisgah in Johns Creek, for the local stop of the MVP Camp.

The nation's No. 20 overall player wasn't taking part; he was there to support his god-brother, a young quarterback at American Heritage who came up to work out.

While rumors circulated over the weekend about the four-star making a trek to Athens during the time in the Peach State—and while indeed he crossed into Clarke County—Williams was quick to dispel any hype around that trip.

"We drove up to and through Athens, but we didn't even really stop. I just went through for (my family) to see how it is, see what it's looking like. I didn't talk with anybody or anything. I just drove out with the family to show them around," he said.
In fact, there was no reason for a stop. His family members were getting their own glimpse of the campus, but Williams has been to Athens well over a dozen times in the past. He feels he's got a firm grasp on the offerings.

What remains for him to find out? "There ain't too much," he clarified. "I know everything about both Georgia and Miami. I know what they want out of me, and I know what I want out of them," he said. "It's just going to come down to God leading me to the right school and picking the right decision that's best for me—not coaches, not for the best players around me. It's what's best for James. I know when I'm going to get it done. It'll be Signing Day in December."

"What's best" is still up in the air.
"Right now, I just don't know where I'm going. I'm lost myself," Williams said. "I'm hoping to surprise myself when I make the decision, if you want to be for real."
"What's best" will have to include a deep bond, however, which is what allowed him to narrow the list to two schools.

"Growing up, I've always been so much about family. My family has been tight with me no matter what. I feel like those two are the only schools that are really showing me what family is. As I've been on campus, and they've shown me what family really is," Williams said. "Relationships build no matter who you're with. As long as you've known them forever, the relationship is going to build. My relationship has built with every coach I've had that's been recruiting me from Georgia and Miami. I have relationships with all of them," Williams said. "If I want to go to Miami, my relationships will still be cool with Georgia. If I want to go to Georgia, my relationship would be good with Miami, because I'm based on relationships. It's not all about football."

The Bulldogs have clearly made it a point of emphasis.
"They've shown me with the brotherhood they have, how they carry themselves in the game, how they carry themselves around campus when they see each other, how the coaches carry themselves when they see players; what they did for the players, what they do for the players," Williams said. "All that shows me what a real family does."

That notion has been reinforced by Miami natives who've come to Athens before him, such as James Cook, Divaad Wilson, and Tyson Campbell.
"They say it wasn't really hard, because when at first they got there, it was like family. They say it wasn't even hard for them to transition," Williams said. "It was just like a brotherhood. They tell me to do what's best for me—not what's best for the city, not what the coach is saying. Do what's best for me. Where I think I'm going to play, where I feel I'm going to play—go with my gut rather than with somebody else's plan."

His family has helped to aid in that mentality.
"They really don't care (about distance or staying close to home). It's about me," Williams said. "They're going to come see me regardless of where I go, so it's on me."

Still, it's looking to be a tough decision, as the differences between the two schools are few and far between for Williams.
"There's nothing too different. Nothing that surprising, because I'm the type of person that I don't really go by what I see; I go by what I hear, what comes to the table. I go by action, I don't go by words. I don't go by mouth," he said. "I go by your actions. Both of them show the actions that I want."

Even the depth charts at both Miami and Georgia have been of little concern or thought.
"I'm coming to work, that's all. I'm coming to work; that's just my way. I don't know about who's on the depth chart. People say focus on the depth. I don't focus on the depth," Williams said. "I focus on me, because if I stand out, I'm going to have to play."

lol if anyone believes he didn’t talk to anyone at Georgia

Advertisement
Back