James Williams.....2021 banana tailpipe

If he has to grow into a 3/4 OLB or edge rusher idk how high his ceiling is..and idk if he would be willing to play in the box full time..but Football has changed and he fits where the mold of linebacker based on where the game is going perfectly
I agree, he is the perfect LB

Advertisement
Probably Justin Flowe to Miami...

This ain't the same as Avantae's situation.

But since we did land Tae he'll be the trump card always used, even though there's about 10-15 other examples that could be used to counter it with kids who we didn't land lol.

The exception ain't the rule, but I get why people will still hold onto hope.
I don’t think James Williams comes to Miami..I’d bett against it if I had too..but the staff needs to stay on him cause circumstances always change but the relationships u build remain. We’ve been on this kid since the 9th grade if not befor that ..but like I said I don’t think he’s coming either

The exception ain't the rule, but I get why people will still hold onto hope.

This.

One exception, and a dozen or more other examples that are counter to this exception.

It will take several more cases like Avantae, before we should even begin thinking that the exception is now the rule

Plantation (FL) American Heritage DB James Williams is one of the nation’s most sought-after recruits, and the former Cane commitment says UM currently is No.4 on his list.

The top three: Alabama, Clemson and Georgia.

If you’re a Cane fan, the argument go that UM went from first to fourth, so maybe the reverse can still happen.

And Williams doesn’t rule that out.

“Miami’s still in it, but they’re fourth,” Williams said. “They can move up, just have to keep recruiting me, building a relationship with me.”

Is it as simple as relationships, or would the Canes showing out on the field this season also help?

“No, not really,” Williams said. “It’s about the coaching.”

Ephraim Banda has taken the lead role in recruiting the 5-star to Miami.

“His message is to keep giving them a chance, keep trusting them, believe in them,” Williams said.

Williams says he hasn’t set any spring visit dates and that “I’ll be down at Miami for a spring practice at some point.”

How hard does he anticipate his recruiting decision will be as he moves forward in the process?

“It’ll be hard,” Williams said. “I have three top schools in the country as my top three. It’s going to be a hard pick for me.”

So it’ll be difficult for UM to get into that final equation?

“Not really, but things change, recruiting has changed for me and I opened it up to other teams,” Williams said.

A wildcard here for Cane fans that want a glimmer of hope: Ed Reed. The new Cane hire has intrigued Williams, who says he looks forward to having a first conversation with the legendary safety. “I can learn the game from the greatest right there,” Williams said. “I’d like to learn the game from the greatest.” He adds that “people text me about Ed Reed, say that me and Avantae (Williams) can do great things at the crib, at home, to think about it.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
this guy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

COCONUT CREEK, Fla. -- While he did not work out at Sunday's Under Armour All-America Camp in south Florida, Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage defensive back James Williams confirmed the latest in his recruitment.

It's still all about the nation's elite programs.

"Clemson, Georgia, Alabama," he said, prior to listing primary contacts from each national power. Coach (Brent) Venables at Clemson, we have a tight relationship and talk football.

"Georgia, it's Coach Kirby (Smart). They're all recruiting me but it was Coley before. Coach (Charles) Huff at Alabama."

The 6-foot-4, 223-pound Williams, who maintains his stance on sticking with the safety position despite his versatile size, admitted local program Miami could move up his list among those outside of the top three. Oklahoma was named as the only coveted offer not yet on the rising senior's list of options at this point.

With a verbal commitment not expected in the near future, unofficial visits to the top programs under consideration are among the priorities outside of returning to 100% health.

"I'm going to see Clemson soon, that's my main one," Williams said. "That's my focus right now. I've been there before but I haven't been there during the season, like doing activities. Seeing the team work on a game day."

The towering defender has yet to officially name a singular leader in his recruitment since decommitting from Miami last May. However, it's clear that a pair of programs have his attention well more than most at this stage of the process.

"Clemson and Georgia really stand out," he said. "It's like home. They treat me like I'm at home when I'm there."

As for what position he will play in college, the coaching staffs agree with Williams on the safety track at this time. But they're watching how he maintains his position versatile frame as he wraps up his prep career.

"They tell me I've got to keep my weight down but I'm focused on safety and corner," he said.

COCONUT CREEK, Fla. -- While he did not work out at Sunday's Under Armour All-America Camp in south Florida, Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage defensive back James Williams confirmed the latest in his recruitment.

It's still all about the nation's elite programs.

"Clemson, Georgia, Alabama," he said, prior to listing primary contacts from each national power. Coach (Brent) Venables at Clemson, we have a tight relationship and talk football.

"Georgia, it's Coach Kirby (Smart). They're all recruiting me but it was Coley before. Coach (Charles) Huff at Alabama."

The 6-foot-4, 223-pound Williams, who maintains his stance on sticking with the safety position despite his versatile size, admitted local program Miami could move up his list among those outside of the top three. Oklahoma was named as the only coveted offer not yet on the rising senior's list of options at this point.

With a verbal commitment not expected in the near future, unofficial visits to the top programs under consideration are among the priorities outside of returning to 100% health.

"I'm going to see Clemson soon, that's my main one," Williams said. "That's my focus right now. I've been there before but I haven't been there during the season, like doing activities. Seeing the team work on a game day."

The towering defender has yet to officially name a singular leader in his recruitment since decommitting from Miami last May. However, it's clear that a pair of programs have his attention well more than most at this stage of the process.

"Clemson and Georgia really stand out," he said. "It's like home. They treat me like I'm at home when I'm there."

As for what position he will play in college, the coaching staffs agree with Williams on the safety track at this time. But they're watching how he maintains his position versatile frame as he wraps up his prep career.

"They tell me I've got to keep my weight down but I'm focused on safety and corner," he said.
Sure... show up, do a couple of chores, get your allowance, just like at home.

Advertisement
Back