James Williams.....2021 banana tailpipe

For anyone saying we have a chance because Williams is surrounded by canes; just remember that so was Evan Neal. His family even posted pictures outside of hardrock decked out in canes gear. And if I recall correctly even his uncle played here.

These kind of comparisons are pointless. Every kid is an individual and makes decisions that best suit them. I believe we were helped tremendously this year by Rivers' and WIliams' dads being Canes fan. That makes a 0.0% difference when recruiting any other player.

Advertisement
Your more connected than I am. But I’ve heard multiple times even from his own words that he grew up a Miami fan and his family were canes fans. Unless he’s lying which is possible cause he puts us down any chance he gets. Everything from calling our stadium doak south and calling us “the little school down south”

He's full of it. That guy went out of his way to trash us as much as possible, and still does. So far as I'm concerned, if he says he grew up a Canes fan, he says it to make his decision to go elsewhere look worse for us. Never could figure out what bug crawled up his ***, but it was a big one.

It definately aint the HS coaches...HS coaches have more pull in other tsates than here. Its the hanger ons....add to it alot of these kids come from single mom homes...their moms dont know a thing about recruiting or sports and lean on the coaches alot.

But S.FLA has a "hanger on" "handler" problem not really a hs coach problem. Its become AAU basketball now down here with the 7 on 7 teams...

This.

It definately aint the HS coaches...HS coaches have more pull in other tsates than here. Its the hanger ons....add to it alot of these kids come from single mom homes...their moms dont know a thing about recruiting or sports and lean on the coaches alot.

But S.FLA has a "hanger on" "handler" problem not really a hs coach problem. Its become AAU basketball now down here with the 7 on 7 teams...
or in the case of this kid. no Mom and basically no dad. i can imagine how this is going to go

This point in time. All you can do is sit back and watch. He didn't list us among his top 3. He's been de committed for a hot minute.

The only chance we have. Is for this season to not be a bust and the coaches keep working him. Even then it might not be enough. It may take 2 seasons of consistent winning and ACC title game appearances. In order to start getting these guys attention for real.

Advertisement
This point in time. All you can do is sit back and watch. He didn't list us among his top 3. He's been de committed for a hot minute.

The only chance we have. Is for this season to not be a bust and the coaches keep working him. Even then it might not be enough. It may take 2 seasons of consistent winning and ACC title game appearances. In order to start getting these guys attention for real.

agree. a winning season helps us more with 2022 than 2021 imo

I watched his tape not that amazed at all. Not saying he's not a good player, but I think he's just big and that's it. Any thoughts?

His movement skills are freakish at that size. Fluid and explosive with oily hips. He projects as an excellent coverage safety if he improves his technique. But I agree that his tape is underwhelming. There's no refinement to his game and the intangibles are worrisome. He's hardly ever in a stance before the snap, he hardly ever sprints at full speed, he doesn't break down on contact and drive through the ballcarrier. We know he can play center field and track the ball but that won't be his assignment very often at the next level. He needs to show more urgency to his game especially with his reads, angles and tackling as a run defender.

Advertisement
He hopes to be Kam Chancellor, but he isn't. He is more Ray Ray Armstrong than he is Chancellor.

Williams doesn't move very well in the back half of the defense. He's better suited at OLB/Striker where his abilities will be highlighted and not be a detriment.

Advertisement
He'd be a day 1 starter at striker for Miami if he early enrolled. Doesn't matter how much experience was at the position already.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
You tripping is my first thought..he’s not a deep safety at the next level for one. Anyone selling him that dream should be arrested. But you find a role for him in any D
Striker, LB, and if be is willing to, he could get bigger and play DE if he is willing to. But I agree deep safety is not his position.

Striker, LB, and if be is willing to, he could get bigger and play DE if he is willing to. But I agree deep safety is not his position.
If he has to grow into a 3/4 OLB or edge rusher idk how high his ceiling is..and idk if he would be willing to play in the box full time..but Football has changed and he fits where the mold of linebacker based on where the game is going perfectly

Since this looks like a loss cause, wat do y'all think about Raheim Sanders; 6'2 210lbs, has plenty of speed and plays, Wr, and a little bit of DB and LB, also plays basketball. I think he is an intriguing prospect.

Advertisement
Back