James Wiggins CB: Welcome to the U

thing is for me, i like Wiggins as a prospect but there isn't enough tape for him at DB.

A lot of cbs switch never played the position in high school. Wiggins has the feet and coordination to play it at the next level

Advertisement
the best CB down here is Mullen. Wiggins....ok, but if you want to be elite, you gotta get the local cream of the crop like Mullen.

Advertisement
I like the take as I've mentioned before that I'm all for taking kids from Homestead and Carol City as areas that don't get enough respect and pop out ballers.

From the little that I saw in his highlight film at DB, I like how he plays the ball in the air. IMO some of the things he does at WR translate to DB. Not a lot to go on from there as not too much DB film or highlights to watch but DMoney had mentioned this kid a long time ago in a game he went to of South Dade vs Jackson a while back.

Tyre Brady also played both sides of the ball at South Dade.

Now the comment of a Antrel Rolle clone is extremely premature, I believe that was by one of his coaches or his head coach. I'm sure it was in relation to how Rolle came out of South Dade.

Rolle ran a 4.5

Wiggins runs a 4.6

Rolle lived in the weight room and still does today and was very good in track. He was also talented enough to make the switch from corner to safety in the nfl and is a 3 time pro bowler.

Wiggins is a good athlete. Good not great speed. Has some good athletic bloodline as someone mentioned earlier. I wouldn't say he's elite like a Saivion Smith but I like the take as I mentioned I like kids from the Homestead area. I don't see him as a WR. Could play corner or safety but I'm leaning towards safety.

High 3* to low 4* type potential.

He could shave his time down by a tenth of a second with more training.

I'm gonna take the opportunity to watch him live this upcoming season as I have not seen much of him yet.

But some of the comments from some recruiting peeps on him are very nice, I like that.

I'll take a wait and see approach. I like some things that I saw though.

Last edited:
This is a kid come November/December were wondering what the coaches are waiting on to offer.

Last edited:
I like the take as I've mentioned before that I'm all for taking kids from Homestead and Carol City as areas that don't get enough respect and pop out ballers.

From the little that I saw in his highlight film at DB, I like how he plays the ball in the air. IMO some of the things he does at WR translate to DB. Not a lot to go on from there as not too much DB film or highlights to watch but DMoney had mentioned this kid a long time ago in a game he went to of South Dade vs Jackson a while back.

Now the comment of a Antrel Rolle clone is extremely premature, I believe that was by one of his coaches or his head coach. I'm sure it was in relation to how Rolle came out of South Dade.

Rolle ran a 4.5

Wiggins runs a 4.6

Rolle lived in the weight room and still does today and was very good in track. He was also talented enough to make the switch from corner to safety in the nfl and is a 3 time pro bowler.

Wiggins is a good athlete. Good not great speed. Has some good athletic bloodline as someone mentioned earlier. I wouldn't say he's elite like a Saivion Smith but I like the take as I mentioned I like kids from the Homestead area. I don't see him as a WR. Could play corner or safety but I'm leaning towards safety.

I'm gonna take the opportunity to watch him live this upcoming season as I have not seen much of him yet.

But some of the comments from some recruiting peeps on him are very nice, I like that.

They are locking down dade county this year more specifically southern dade where Baez has alot of clout...If these kids down here had access to the recruiting circuit they would be 4* atleast #Exit1

Advertisement
Definitely an athlete with good ball skills. I didn't see enough of his DB film to form an opinion. To those that think that all the top DB's run sub 4.4 40's, just watch the combine. Not the case.

Can always use a 4.65 -5"10"-175lb playing in our Look Out-He's Behind You-Oh **** He's Gone defensive secondary..

Definitely an athlete with good ball skills. I didn't see enough of his DB film to form an opinion. To those that think that all the top DB's run sub 4.4 40's, just watch the combine. Not the case.

This. 4.4 speed and under is not actually as common as people may think.

Advertisement

This. 4.4 speed and under is not actually as common as people may think.

Running a 4.4 is pretty common but running an official real legit 4.4 is not. Hand timed 40 times are the most inacurate overated stat in football. Always thought they should time players in full game pads and helmet. Some players speed just doesnt translate in pads for various reasons.

Advertisement
Rivals interview with him
https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1736829

Title is "Antrel Rolle clone commits"

- "I made the decision with my parents, we talked about it, agreed it's a good decision for me. So I called coaches today and committed - first I talked to Al Golden and then after I finished talking to him I talked to Larry Scott.
- "I feel I belong at Miami, part of the family. I think I made a good decision."
- On the offer: "I got that when I went out to the school on Wednesday - they had invited me to the school," Wiggins said. "Coach Al Golden, he said if I had $300,000 to give to you to take on the bus with you, what would you do with it? I said `I'd put it on my lap and hold it.' And he said `Well that's the scholarship money, you just got offered.'"
- Auburn close to offering.

Coach Al Golden, he said if I had $300,000 to give to you to take on the bus with you, what would you do with it?

Fat Al turning into a bagman??? Lmao
He's a bagman alright. A colostomy bagman.

We can't have it both ways here. We rip on Golden if doesn't recruit Dade, and now he is going after the kids we've wanted him to go after, and y'all are upset. Reports from folks in the know is the kid is a steal, and Golden has been excellent getting on under the radar kids early. It's the keeping them part that concerns me.

Actually its a very consistent response. Rip Golden. It doesn't matter what we sacrifice or who we bad mouth. It doesn't matter if we lose half of this class because of the negativity, just rip Golden.

We should treat this class as the precious commodity that could bring Miami back. I don't care if we have blow smoke up everyone's *** for the next year. If Golden doesn't pull off a miracle it's already a done deal. Why not give these kids some mad love until signing day. Lets be prepared to have them want the U even if every coach leaves. At the U you don't play for the coaches you play for every bad *** players that has come before you.

Why cant we be the coolest fans, is being a douche bad really that fun?

Rolle ran a 4.5

Wiggins runs a 4.6

Does anyone have Info on this kid? how firm he is? what he is doing? there has literally been nothing on this kid. he committed and disappeared.

Rolle ran a 4.5

Wiggins runs a 4.6

Does anyone have Info on this kid? how firm he is? what he is doing? there has literally been nothing on this kid. he committed and disappeared.

He hasn't done much since he committed because it's not HS football season yet.

Advertisement
Back