James Wiggins CB: Welcome to the U

Advertisement
Guy's this is a real good FOOTBALL player. I want the Ridley's and McFadden's of the world like the rest of you, but we need GOOD football players like now! Real good athlete that produces against top competition. What's not to like?

Josh Darrow @joshdarrow
Miami just got a STEAL in South Dade DB James Wiggins. Took unofficial this week. Swag 16 loaded with SFLA talent!!!

Advertisement
On second thought, I could see him as a FS with his ball skills. If he has legit 4.6 speed as advertised, he may be able to cover some ground as well.

The following is a Facebook post through a Canes Group, it appears wiggins has great bloodlines

"Proud my nephew just committed to the U, Welcome to the U, James Wiggins Jr. son of former all dade center James Wiggins, and former all dade sprinter Lasonya Davis, it's in his bloodlines to be an athlete."

He has good ball skills but is not explosive or possess pure speed. Seems to be more of an athlete who is not a pure athlete. I am not a fan either. I don't see this guy sticking.

What the **** is an athlete who is not a pure athlete? I mean, come on; make at least a little sense.

Half the comments make little sense...just hate, hate, hate.

This young man is a **** good athlete,which is all you can asks for as safety...
It s the coaches job to coach him up.

Advertisement
All I know is that every week when I watched South Dade's highlights, Wiggins was making all of the plays.

He has good ball skills but is not explosive or possess pure speed. Seems to be more of an athlete who is not a pure athlete. I am not a fan either. I don't see this guy sticking.

What the **** is an athlete who is not a pure athlete? I mean, come on; make at least a little sense.

Half the comments make little sense...just hate, hate, hate.

I don't understand it myself
Thats why i ignore half the poster here.....

officially first commit of this class I'm not a fan of.

Give me a reason?

Highlights are legit

To be real this kid is a **** of an athlete, only thing is is that there are better prospects out there that play the same position as this kid. Not tripping over the offer, but the way momentum is going just wanted to see who we could pull at the CB position.

That's fair, as long as when we strike out on others we all don't come back and rip coaches then for not getting kids like this cause we are too late on them.

Blustein Recruiting
‏@larryblustein
@coral_cope @Mikecampos80 @joshdarrow he was always one of the best on the field in any game he played. This is a big time athlete
Reply Retweet

Advertisement
No issue at all with taking this kid, though it's hard to form an opinion either way considering the vast majority of his highlights are of him playing WR. Has nice ball skills and looks athletic, even if he's not a burner.

Some of the frustration from others may have to do with the staff continuing to refuse to offer Dontye Carriere-Williams, who should be an obvious take to anyone who isn't blind.

Is not better than carryier-williams and why the **** does he not have a offer dude wants to be a cane.

South dade alum here, and any kid from this district balls he's a baller pure hands hi points the ball he's coming as a corner so he'll be just fine..... There's no peer to a buccaneers

Advertisement
This kid is just a **** football player. I don't see superstar with him, but he's the kind that signs with UL and makes our lives miserable for 3 or 4 years. He's a take, imo.

Take as many south Florida kids you can. Welcome to the U.

To be fair most college corners don't play the position in high school. A lot of the elite players are athletes that convert to the position. There's nothing wrong with that.

Advertisement
Back