James Wiggins CB: Welcome to the U

Advertisement
Guy's this is a real good FOOTBALL player. I want the Ridley's and McFadden's of the world like the rest of you, but we need GOOD football players like now! Real good athlete that produces against top competition. What's not to like?

Exactly. This is the type of kid who....if we passed....signs with Louisville. Then we regret it...

We can't have it both ways here. We rip on Golden if doesn't recruit Dade, and now he is going after the kids we've wanted him to go after, and y'all are upset. Reports from folks in the know is the kid is a steal, and Golden has been excellent getting on under the radar kids early. It's the keeping them part that concerns me.

The following is a Facebook post through a Canes Group, it appears wiggins has great bloodlines

"Proud my nephew just committed to the U, Welcome to the U, James Wiggins Jr. son of former all dade center James Wiggins, and former all dade sprinter Lasonya Davis, it's in his bloodlines to be an athlete."

Not to mention his cousin, Andrew.

Advertisement
We do need some kids that are more ready now though. We are losing all of our starters in the next 2 years in the backfield. It would be nice
To have some plug and play kids too

There is nothing not to like about this kid but I guess some would prefer to wait until we are left hanging by some other kids.

"Offer the people S.Fl, wait wait not this early though"

Advertisement
Rivals interview with him
https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1736829

Title is "Antrel Rolle clone commits"

- "I made the decision with my parents, we talked about it, agreed it's a good decision for me. So I called coaches today and committed - first I talked to Al Golden and then after I finished talking to him I talked to Larry Scott.
- "I feel I belong at Miami, part of the family. I think I made a good decision."
- On the offer: "I got that when I went out to the school on Wednesday - they had invited me to the school," Wiggins said. "Coach Al Golden, he said if I had $300,000 to give to you to take on the bus with you, what would you do with it? I said `I'd put it on my lap and hold it.' And he said `Well that's the scholarship money, you just got offered.'"
- Auburn close to offering.

Exactly the type of kid Golden should have been recruiting at DB the last 2 classes. Seems he has finally woken the **** up in recruiting.

Still a few guys out there like Emmitt Rice you would like to see offered, but this is night and day.

I know that the chances are virtually nil, but maybe he woke the **** up with his coaching too.

- "I made the decision with my parents, we talked about it, agreed it's a good decision for me. So I called coaches today and committed - first I talked to Al Golden and then after I finished talking to him I talked to Larry Scott.
- "I feel I belong at Miami, part of the family. I think I made a good decision."
- On the offer: "I got that when I went out to the school on Wednesday - they had invited me to the school," Wiggins said. "Coach Al Golden, he said if I had $300,000 to give to you to take on the bus with you, what would you do with it? I said `I'd put it on my lap and hold it.' And he said `Well that's the scholarship money, you just got offered.'"
**** of a pitch by golden with the money analogy.

thought so too never heard that one before.

Advertisement

thought so too never heard that one before.

I was worried when i began reading that part but thats real.

Advertisement

Coach Al Golden, he said if I had $300,000 to give to you to take on the bus with you, what would you do with it?

Fat Al turning into a bagman??? Lmao

We can't have it both ways here. We rip on Golden if doesn't recruit Dade, and now he is going after the kids we've wanted him to go after, and y'all are upset. Reports from folks in the know is the kid is a steal, and Golden has been excellent getting on under the radar kids early. It's the keeping them part that concerns me.

All true right here.

As far as offering studs before theyre recognized. This kid will probably blow up and then end up elsewhere. No point in discovering studs early only for them to leave once they become known.

He's a Miami kid 2 weeks ago everybody was crying due to the lack of south fl recruiting well we are recruiting south Fl. Relax!

Advertisement
Back