James Pogorelc, T, Virginia

Advertisement
I have no clue on OL but on the clip from Wiltfong he looked like he had good hands to move and not hold.

Well we'll see if Barry was telling the truth if he really prefers to build lineman up with kids like this. Obviously intelligent, his feet look good and athleticism seems to be there so if there's some strength on him then I say we offer.

I have to say, I'm a sucker for the tackles in this mold though

BC radar, 6' 7", 4.6 shuttle. Someone head up there and ask him if you can measure his wingspan. Then ask him to do a broad jump. Then a ladder drill. Follow it up by taking him to a nearby basketball court and request a drop step from the left block. Video tape it all. Post it here.

If he can make all that happen in a coordinated way and this board votes in favor, offer him a full scholarship.

I think he's coordinated enough. Some of his tape looks a little awkward but he really doesn't have bad feet. His strength is a bigger concern for me, those DE's were half his size and he doesn't dominate them to my liking. Maybe its something that can be fixed, but that's gotta be the biggest thing preventing him from getting offers

Advertisement
Hardest position to evaluate/project, along with QB. And those 2 aren’t even close to any other position. There’s a TON of kids like this around the country.

4.0 GPA, 1380 SAT...........sounds like IVY league to wall street. Football may not be his priority.

Barry needs to catch a flight to go see this kid in person and see if he’ll come down for paradise

4.0 GPA, 1380 SAT...........sounds like IVY league to wall street. Football may not be his priority.

LOL.

1380 on the SAT doesn't get you anywhere near Ivy League/Stanford/Duke/Vandy/etc these days ... that's not high enough to even get into Michigan or Texas.

Advertisement
LOL.

1380 on the SAT doesn't get you anywhere near Ivy League/Stanford/Duke/Vandy/etc these days ... that's not high enough to even get into Michigan or Texas.

If you play football, he will be ok

except Stanford and Northwestern

BC radar, 6' 7", 4.6 shuttle. Someone head up there and ask him if you can measure his wingspan. Then ask him to do a broad jump. Then a ladder drill. Follow it up by taking him to a nearby basketball court and request a drop step from the left block. Video tape it all. Post it here.

If he can make all that happen in a coordinated way and this board votes in favor, offer him a full scholarship.
Yep. I always said Randy Shannon's biggest mistake was not consulting the Grassy Recruiting Board enough.

Randy was too self-centered, wanted to do all the evaluations himself and with his staff.

Imagine.

LOL.

I guess a lot of SAT changes over the years.

Of course, they've eliminated a lot of academics at the higher-ranked schools including the Ivy's. Instead they teach you the world according to your radical professor's biases....then you come out trying to be a journalist working for BuzzFeed or Daily Beast.

Who needs an SAT for that?

Another ZION in the making , smart , good foot work , down field blocks and what I love and Don Bailey speaks of it constantly locks on blocks till whistle blows and a hair after.

GET THIS KID , take them all day long.

GOCANES

Advertisement
I’ve really learned to acknowledge that in some areas I’m just low hanging fruit and live life like Eminem in 8 Mile when he disses himself and his crew in his rap battle with Papa Doc and tells him to “tell em something they don’t know about me.”

It’s a life lessen I’ve seen in the workplace as well. If you’re honest about what you don’t know, there may be people who hold that against you but you were honest so how much can they shellack you??? But if you act like you know it all, it’s really easy for people to want to knock you down plus you come off as not credible and untrustworthy and that extends into areas you might actually know.

For me, better to lay it out there honestly and excel at what I’m good at as no one is a master of everything but to each his own.

I hear ya. Im just not good enough to break down a football game and understand everything. I also cant tell the difference between a guy running a 4.4 and a 4.7 or who has a good get off from the line. Luckily there are some experts here that break it down for us.

LOL.

He looks like he can play and is obviously smart. Players with his size, ability on and off the field are not often overlooked, but there are plenty of late bloomers. BTW......IVY League schools have more athletic sports programs than any other conference. If you are a recruited athlete, that a coach WANTS with those scores, he/she is in any IVY they want.

Advertisement
Surprised Stanford isn’t interested. He’s not that far from me. I’d watch him and report back but I’d be a Got **** liar if I said I knew what to watch for.

Let me know when you need a kicker or punter scouted.

I live 5 mins from Chantilly HS, am willing to go drop some bags... but is that necessary given his offers?

Another ZION in the making , smart , good foot work , down field blocks and what I love and Don Bailey speaks of it constantly locks on blocks till whistle blows and a hair after.

GET THIS KID , take them all day long.

GOCANES
Agreed he finishes blocks like no other.

Advertisement
Back