James Pogorelc, T, Virginia

Advertisement
He has a 4.0 and plays in the Fairfax County School System. Great public schools and a major area. He also has offers from ODU and Richmond. If they know about him, the others have to know about him. Maybe he’s a late bloomer and they’re re-evaluating him???

I don’t know but it’s odd, otherwise.

Northern Virginia high schools do a lousy job for the most part marketing their kids. So much has to do whether or not a kid like this camps as well. Looks like he did. Lots of kids end up at FCS or D2 schools.

Northern Virginia high schools do a lousy job for the most part marketing their kids. So much has to do whether or not a kid like this camps as well. Looks like he did. Lots of kids end up at FCS or D2 schools.

I blame this on Fuente at VT. Beamer and his staff used to feast on NOVA and 757 underrated and under-ranked kids. Since Fuente has been there, VT has gone away from that approach.

Advertisement
I blame this on Fuente at VT. Beamer and his staff used to feast on NOVA and 757 underrated and under-ranked kids. Since Fuente has been there, VT has gone away from that approach.

Fuentes has been awful recruiting the state and it is unacceptable.

I don’t know what guys are talking about. If he has a 1380 out of 1600 and plays football at a minimum of 2-3 star level, he can get in to any schools including the ivies.

A 1380/1600 doesn’t rule you out, even if you don’t play football, but you better have some kind of amazing community track record if you’re looking at a lower tier Ivy like Penn, or a Duke.

I don’t know what guys are talking about. If he has a 1380 out of 1600 and plays football at a minimum of 2-3 star level, he can get in to any schools including the ivies.

A 1380/1600 doesn’t rule you out, even if you don’t play football, but you better have some kind of amazing community track record if you’re looking at a lower tier Ivy like Penn, or a Duke.
The kid actually has offers from Princeton, Yale & Penn.

Advertisement
Kid also plays basketball. getting lots of local press in Virginia papers recently. Referred to as a "sleeper"

Advertisement
LOL.

1380 on the SAT doesn't get you anywhere near Ivy League/Stanford/Duke/Vandy/etc these days ... that's not high enough to even get into Michigan or Texas.
Not true at all. It’s in the mix. Lower end of relevant, but add in 4.0, and other factors, and football aside he is a potentially credible candidate, depending on quality of high school, type of courses, geography, income, extra curriculars, etc. His SAT is above the cutoff.

How many kids have you had go through the process that were recruitable to D1?

Not true at all. It’s in the mix. Lower end of relevant, but add in 4.0, and other factors, and football aside he is a potentially credible candidate, depending on quality of high school, type of courses, geography, income, extra curriculars, etc. His SAT is above the cutoff.

agree 100%. I can speak from personal experience....

Advertisement
How many kids have you had go through the process that were recruitable to D1?

More than 10 or so kids who typically come out of Northern Virginia. I'd say the number is 2 to 3 times that. Old Dominion has moved to Conference USA so numbers will go up.

More than 10 or so kids who typically come out of Northern Virginia. I'd say the number is 2 to 3 times that. Old Dominion has moved to Conference USA so numbers will go up.

Big time programs are crawling all over the state, to include NVA dude. Kids in NVA are not getting overlooked, whether at the public or private schools.

Big time programs are crawling all over the state, to include NVA dude. Kids in NVA are not getting overlooked, whether at the public or private schools.

Sorry but I am going to disagree. It's about a point of emphasis and whether coaches get involved in camps, etc. That being said there is some movement in the right direction. For instance, within the last 2 years, they started organizing 7on7 tournaments in Prince William County more formally. It was ad hoc games at Colonial Forge in Stafford County. Additionally, Colgan High School sponsored a football day around 2 months ago and the previous fall. That was a first with Division I/II/III staffs in attendance. Probably more Division I recruits in NVA this year than in quite a few years. Two kids from Woodbridge and two kids from Freedom will go to Power 5 schools for sure. Problem is youth football is dying in Northern Virginia. The Fairfax County Youth Football League is less than half the size it was now than it was 10 years ago. Lacrosse was always big but kids are gravitating to the sport because of perceived concussions from football.

Advertisement
Back