2024 James Nesta 4* LB from NC [Commits to Oklahoma]

Advertisement
I grew up right next to hough high school and played high school football in the area but that was before hough opened in 2010 or so. Back then mallard creek was the dominant player in the Charlotte area but certainly hough has established itself as a serious player. competition is legit and this kid seems like the real deal, hopefully we can land him
Nice! Did you got to North Meck or was Mallard Creek was already open? I played in the conference for Football at Central Cabarrus but was around 2006 times.

Nice! Did you got to North Meck or was Mallard Creek was already open? I played in the conference for Football at Central Cabarrus but was around 2006 times.
I went to hopewell 06-09. I lived in huntersville closer to North Meck but for some reason they allowed us to choose our HS the year I started and decided on hopewell. Can't remember exactly when Hough opened but know it was 09-11 range, I moved out of the area right after high school but know hough was under development at the time right off of old statesville

Advertisement
From Canesport's write up:

-Nesta was hosted by QB Emory Williams, and the two bonded. “Really nice guy, super down to earth,” Nesta said.

-Spent most of his time with LB coach Derek Nicholson.
“We started a really good bond the last month and a half, two months, and on the visit he preached that if I came there I can make an immediate impact, be super versatile to the defense.”

- He said that Lance Guidry showed him how he could use that versatility in the defense in more detail.
“It was how I can play the WILL, Sam, their JACK position,”

-Mario's message: “He said I’m super needed and they want me a lot, basically,”

Will take an OV to UNC and Oklahoma this month. Plans to make a decision after all his OVs are completed - late June or early July
Parents got involved here. Want him to take his visits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I went to hopewell 06-09. I lived in huntersville closer to North Meck but for some reason they allowed us to choose our HS the year I started and decided on hopewell. Can't remember exactly when Hough opened but know it was 09-11 range, I moved out of the area right after high school but know hough was under development at the time right off of old statesville
My daughter will be a Jr at Hough next year. We go to a a lot of the home games. I'll make sure to watch him play next year. It'll be nice to watch someone who is not planning on going to UNC.

Advertisement
@DMoney from the 6/8 Bank

- LB recruiting should move quickly in the next couple weeks. The staff remains extremely high on James Nesta (Charlotte), who visited last weekend. He has big visits coming up to Oklahoma and North Carolina but there is confidence there.

Video comments

If signing day was today, he'd be a Cane.....However, he still needs to visit Oklahoma and North Carolina

@DMoney on CaneInsight Episode 45 "The Bank is Open"

[Flowers had a] Good visit
Name I'm really watching though is James Nesta. Miami would love to add him.
Miami pushing hard with Nesta
Love his versatility
That's the LB I'd keep an eye on

Advertisement
Back