Jamel cook question

Advertisement
Franchise is right though if mark is elite he has two months,thats more then enough time to cop this kid.

Benjamin Victor just said Cook is the toughest player that he's gone up against at the event...Victor says that they're both tall but Cook is faster than him.

How "heady" is Cook? Is he a guy you trust back there running the show?

Absolutely. Central guys come ready to play. Look at Cook, Yearby, Darling, Bain and Nichols. They were immediate impact guys at the next level.

whats your take on the staff that Richt has assembled?

It's an SEC staff. Time will tell on the results. I love that our best coaches are coaching the two most important spots (QB and DL).

I don't see him coming... FSU has started showing renewed interest in him and the kid loves the school... Move on.

Advertisement
I don't see him coming... FSU has started showing renewed interest in him and the kid loves the school... Move on.

They never stoped showing interest. Brewster has visited him and everything. Newberg said today it's 50/50 on cook signing with fsu.

We don't recruit him so what are we moving on from? Discussing it. If some of you guys were recruiters you'd suck ***. Take everything so to heart from an 18 year old and give up on recruiting players if they aren't 1000000% all about your one school.

If you want to understand more about what I'm saying. Look at it this way. When Harbaugh was hired a month before 2015 signing day he tried to save the class, but for the most part it fell apart. Now look at Michigans recruiting this year in Harbaughs first real class. A huge difference, that's why I feel we can't judge our recruiting skills off of one player who is pretty solidly committed to FSU. We will see more of what they can do next cycle.

Advertisement
Franchise is right though if mark is elite he has two months,thats more then enough time to cop this kid.

what sucks is that he only had 9 days before the dead period and will only have 17 more once it opens again for in-person contact. hopefully richt's written recruiting game is on point.

what sucks is that he only had 9 days before the dead period and will only have 17 more once it opens again for in-person contact. hopefully richt's written recruiting game is on point.

Yea but if saban took tbis job or butch they flip this kid, i hope mark has that skill because big time coaches have that skill.

We hired a big time sec coach that understands that we have to protect our home turf. Lets see what happens but jimbo is an elite recruiter and if mark can flip him without that G on his polo we in there.

He's had plenty of time to write him and sell him on his vision for him and the defense and how he wants to build the defense around him.

This is a results game. At some point you have to stop the local bleeding and there's no better time to do that then after hiring a new HC with a long successful track record.

As Rumph said yesterday, "I'm not going to take no for an answer."

rumph better polish up that bling bling he has. its gonna be a mighty weapon on Ov's and in-homes.

Advertisement

We don't recruit him so what are we moving on from? Discussing it. If some of you guys were recruiters you'd suck ***. Take everything so to heart from an 18 year old and give up on recruiting players if they aren't 1000000% all about your one school.

Hey Jaunito... The issue was never about Cook wanting to go the FSU, that's given. He LOVES the school. It's whether FSU wants him... They supposidly had cooled on him and we're trying to upgrade. They haven't kicked him to the sidelines yet but they have a reputation for doing this kind of chit every year. That's what happens you offered super early schoolies. Bottom line it that he will be in FSU's class unless they find someone better. We are PLAN B for the kid... The "move on" comment is for all the idiots already thinking he's coming here or that MR has some F'ing kind of fairy dust.

Something about the way those Central kids handle recruiting makes me very leery of this. There was a smugness + condescension from Dalvin that I'm wondering if I'm recognizing again. Hope I'm just misreading the personality/situation.

These guys just want to be the man. Dalvin wanted to be the man in Tally, and he got his wish. Can't really fault his decision in retrospect. We need to sell Jamel the same way.

"This city has been waiting for another legendary safety since Sean Taylor. You are that guy for us. FSU is building around Derwin James. We think you're better. Our defense is built around a star safety. You are that guy."

I won't sell Jaquan Johnson short he could be better than both James and Cook

Advertisement
Something about the way those Central kids handle recruiting makes me very leery of this. There was a smugness + condescension from Dalvin that I'm wondering if I'm recognizing again. Hope I'm just misreading the personality/situation.

These guys just want to be the man. Dalvin wanted to be the man in Tally, and he got his wish. Can't really fault his decision in retrospect. We need to sell Jamel the same way.

"This city has been waiting for another legendary safety since Sean Taylor. You are that guy for us. FSU is building around Derwin James. We think you're better. Our defense is built around a star safety. You are that guy."

I won't sell Jaquan Johnson short he could be better than both James and Cook

That's the pitch we should make to Cook. Doesn't mean it's going to happen or that he even believes it. It's just what you need to say.

this is from the army aa game thread. shaq's dad seems pretty confident that cook is coming.

Had a meet and greet tonight..and i asked Byrd how he liked the Rump hire ... and i saw the excitement in his face before he could get a word out... He was like i talked to him today...he talked with all of us... he said Cook is coming.. he wanted to come already..but now we got coach Rump he is coming... I told cook we need him to stay home...he smiled but didnt respond..

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/army-american-game-practice-updates/96127/8

Yeah he is pleased with the Rump hire but he wouldn't give..just would smile...they are all holding until NSD..all equals Cook..Mullins..Young.. and AR15

Yeah he is pleased with the Rump hire but he wouldn't give..just would smile...they are all holding until NSD..all equals Cook..Mullins..Young.. and AR15

fap.jpg

Advertisement
Back