Jamarcus Chatman “have you noticed”

So I always thought this when I seen these pictures but I never brought it to the board but Ivins post on ITU let me know I might not be crazy

“Jamarcus Chatman – Chatman visited Miami the week before Easter. People on both sides stated that he was ready to give a verbal pledge to the Hurricanes, but once Diaz got a look at his body they determined they wanted to wait to accept his commitment and see how things played out with the rest of the board. Chatman ended up giving a verbal pledge to LSU a week later while in Baton Rouge. UM basically cut contact with the Georgia-based lineman until January when they started looking for unsigned tackles. Chatman was excited to hear from Diaz and set up an official visit to Coral Gables right away. His family however wanted him close to stay home which is one of the reasons why he inked with Florida State on Wednesday.”

What is up with this guys knees? View attachment 58306View attachment 58307View attachment 58308

Kool must have been so shocked when Diaz said "let's wait on him and see about the rest of our board."

Not realizing kool was just planning on hitting auto pilot for the recruiting season. Board would have read Nesta and a bunch of doodles.

Advertisement
Is N'kosi pigeon-toed? I used to hear from coaches that sometimes pigeon-toedness was associated with better athletic ability.

I don't know if any of you remember a Dolphin RB named Benny Malone. He was very bootlegged but had a crazy running style, Bobby Beathard, who brought him in, said he had a "**** beant for leather running style". He did. Loved watching him run.

There may be pidgeon toed kids who are elite athletes, but in general the best athletes are the ones with straight feet. The ones who have duck feet generally excel in power lifting and offensive line type positions.

Advertisement
I didn't want to bring it up, but I noticed the same exact thing on the official visit photo with Nesta and Miller, it was awkward looking for sure.

DVIfEi1VoAADm5L.jpg

Advertisement
Bow legged is vastly different than knee knocked. Many OL and even DL are kneee knocked. But if you’re knee knocked and a skill position guy, I’d think twice (that’s why I was surprised Williams is so knee knocked).

Boe legged guys, otoh, can be excellent athletes (the norm as opposed to the knee knocked exception). Jmo

Bow legged is vastly different than knee knocked. Many OL and even DL are kneee knocked. But if you’re knee knocked and a skill position guy, I’d think twice (that’s why I was surprised Williams is so knee knocked).

Boe legged guys, otoh, can be excellent athletes (the norm as opposed to the knee knocked exception). Jmo
Lebron has some serious bow legs

It's obvious from those pictures that he doesn't have a sizable enough crank for the U

Advertisement
Let’s not rewrite history here. At one point he was Kuls top target. He may end up a JAG and maybe the staff cooled on him. But he’s got attributes that stand out and could have contributed early.

Let’s get another GT DT and land an awesome 2019 class so we can forget about Chatman, Briggs, Chatfield and Coburn.

definitely doesn't look like the legs of an athlete.

biggest issue with him is that he is a flake and kids like him almost never pan out.

Advertisement
Let’s not rewrite history here. At one point he was Kuls top target. He may end up a JAG and maybe the staff cooled on him. But he’s got attributes that stand out and could have contributed early.

Let’s get another GT DT and land an awesome 2019 class so we can forget about Chatman, Briggs, Chatfield and Coburn.
Was never actually Kool’s top target because he didn’t have a real offer until about 3 weeks ago. Kool has autonomy in who he offers on the DL.

Was never actually Kool’s top target because he didn’t have a real offer until about 3 weeks ago. Kool has autonomy in who he offers on the DL.

Actually, it was not Kul, but Manny who called this kid into question when visited a long time ago. He had questions about his body. They held off on offering and then the kid committed to LSU.

I think he turned out to be a fallback, not a top-of-the-board guy.

They apparently love Miller, don't see him as a fallback.

Chatman doesn't do a good "U". Too much space between ring finger and pinky on the left hand. Nesta might display a similar issue-hard to tell, but I think its fixable. Coaches will work with him to get a tighter U.

Advertisement
Back