Jamal Carter

Who didn't think Lesean McCoy was going to be better than Graig Cooper? Please find me someone.

I remember Don swearing that McCoy was going to be much better than Cooper.

I'll never argue with this man when it comes to player evaluations. He has forgotten more football than many coaches could ever assimilate.

With that said...hefty praise. I saw ST play ALOT at Gullivet. He was something out of this world . It wasn't just the straight line speed...his change of direction was world class which is what made him so great in coverage and space .

I'll be watching that aspect when it comes to carter...how fluid is he in space? This is what truly makes these prototype "big" safeties stand out from the rest

Advertisement
Soldinger is an effing legend. The running backs he produced could do everything, and he is not one to heap praise that isn't warranted.

Who didn't think Lesean McCoy was going to be better than Graig Cooper? Please find me someone.

I remember Don swearing that McCoy was going to be much better than Cooper.

I'll never argue with this man when it comes to player evaluations. He has forgotten more football than many coaches could ever assimilate.

With that said...hefty praise. I saw ST play ALOT at Gullivet. He was something out of this world . It wasn't just the straight line speed...his change of direction was world class which is what made him so great in coverage and space .

I'll be watching that aspect when it comes to carter...how fluid is he in space? This is what truly makes these prototype "big" safeties stand out from the rest

This...

The only reason that Coop was rated higher at one point was because of McCoy's injury. Everyone knew who the better back was. Love Coop though. True Cane.

Not to thread jack but I didnt follow recruiting back then. What happen with Shady and where di he play HS football at?

Played high school ball in PA. Committed to Miami, but went to Milford for prep school with Coop due to grades and injury (ankle I think). Ended up flipping to Pitt while we got Coop.

Advertisement
Yeah, like 4.37 and he was built like the Hulk. Love Carter, but I doubt he physically ever becomes LL. Could still be a better Safety though.......

Advertisement
Cooper was never rated higher than McCoy anywhere EVER!

Incorrect...

He was a Rivals 4 star RB coming out of Milford...like I said DUE TO INJURY. Coop was a 5 star RB with the highest rating possible coming out of Milford the same year. 2007 I'm pretty sure.

Like I said it was due to him being injured and slowly recovering. In high school Lesean was the #1 RB in the country prior to him getting hurt. I followed this one pretty closely as it was my 1st or 2nd year being involved with it.

BTW......

It is truly unbelievable the difference between Deon Bush and Kacy Rodgers.

Deon was LIGHT years better than KC as a true freshman

Just one of the reasons we should see a huge improvement in the defense next year.

Quick threadjack, should we expect to see any KR3 or AJ this year, because Im hoping not to

Just found this...

Coop was considered the top prep player in the country in 07.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...k-1669/2007;_ylt=AjxZIBF2M8tUCW2yBRiOg1pGPZB4

#1 Graig Cooper RB New Berlin, NYMilford Academy
The next great Miami running back? 5 stars 5'11" 185 Miami (FL)

#2 Brent Vinson ATH Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Superior speed makes him dangerous. 5 stars 6'2" 180 Tennessee

#3 Bruce Campbell OL Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Great body and long reach compliments good footwork. 5 stars 6'7" 272 Maryland

#4 DeAndre McDaniel DB Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Very good in pass coverage and run support. 4 stars 6'0" 185 Clemson

#5 Craig Wilson OL Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Tackle prospect should be a three-year starter. 4 stars 6'7" 290 Illinois

#6 Chris Slaughter WR Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Lanky wideout can get separation. 4 stars 6'3" 180 Auburn

#7 Justin Anderson OL Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Steamroller guard prospect. 4 stars 6'5" 320 Georgia

#8 Ras-I Dowling DB Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Great size and change of direction for cornerback. 4 stars 6'2" 180 Virginia

#9 LeSean McCoy RB New Berlin, NYMilford Academy
The feature back Wannstedt covets. 4 stars 5'11" 204 Pittsburgh

Advertisement
Just found this...

Coop was considered the top prep player in the country in 07.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...k-1669/2007;_ylt=AjxZIBF2M8tUCW2yBRiOg1pGPZB4

#1 Graig Cooper RB New Berlin, NYMilford Academy
The next great Miami running back? 5 stars 5'11" 185 Miami (FL)

#2 Brent Vinson ATH Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Superior speed makes him dangerous. 5 stars 6'2" 180 Tennessee

#3 Bruce Campbell OL Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Great body and long reach compliments good footwork. 5 stars 6'7" 272 Maryland

#4 DeAndre McDaniel DB Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Very good in pass coverage and run support. 4 stars 6'0" 185 Clemson

#5 Craig Wilson OL Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Tackle prospect should be a three-year starter. 4 stars 6'7" 290 Illinois

#6 Chris Slaughter WR Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Lanky wideout can get separation. 4 stars 6'3" 180 Auburn

#7 Justin Anderson OL Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Steamroller guard prospect. 4 stars 6'5" 320 Georgia

#8 Ras-I Dowling DB Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy
Great size and change of direction for cornerback. 4 stars 6'2" 180 Virginia

#9 LeSean McCoy RB New Berlin, NYMilford Academy
The feature back Wannstedt covets. 4 stars 5'11" 204 Pittsburgh

lol, wasn't Bruce Campbell supposed to be in our class like 3 times?

Cooper was fine. McCoy, he was not. Not EVERY player over the past 10 years was a flop, y'all just expected Reggie Bush.

Advertisement
There were delusional fans who actually thought that Cooper would be better than McCoy.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Home | Prospect Directory | Player Rankings[/SIZE][/FONT]

*Sean Taylor, DS #1 FS, Miami
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Selected:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Round 1, Pick 5, Overall Pick 5 by Redskins[/SIZE][/FONT]
195.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Name: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]*Sean Taylor[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
College: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Miami[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Number: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]26[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Height:[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] 6-3[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Weight:[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] 230[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Position: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]FS[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Pos2:[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Class/Draft Year:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Jr/2004[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Time:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4.54[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 High:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Projected Round: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] Stock:
195.gif

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rated number [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] out of 66 FS's[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT] / 1167 TOTAL[/SIZE][/FONT]
196.jpg
Combine Results
Pro Day Results
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Combine Invite:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]yes[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Height:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6024[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Weight:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]230[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]40 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]225 Lb. Bench Reps:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Vertical Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Broad Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Shuttle:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]3-Cone Drill:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]No Combine workout, choice[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Dates:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]02/28, 03/20 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Height:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6024[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Weight:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]230[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]40 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.51[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]225 Lb. Bench Reps:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]11[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Vertical Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]35[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Broad Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10'1"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Shuttle:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]3-Cone Drill:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Draft Scout Snapshot:[/SIZE]​
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]02/28/04 - Junior safety SEAN TAYLOR... weighed in at 6024, 228 pounds... averaged 4.50 in the 40... fastest clocks were 4.42/4.44... slowest were 4.52/4.55... 35" vertical... did 11 reps of 225 pounds, which is rather average, since he has the size of mo[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]​

Advertisement
Back