Jamal Carter

canesman

Junior
Huge praise coming from Soldinger........

Former UM assistant and ex-Southridge coach Don Soldinger worked with Carter last summer and draws comparison with Sean Taylor: “He’s not quite as tall, probably a little faster. He can be as good as anyone who has been there.

“Physically, he has all the tools. He’ll hit you. Real fast. Can take physical punishment. Returns kicks. He’ll be exceptional. But he has to be more disciplined, as far as being where he needs to be.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...phins-heat-marlins-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Hard to compare him to ST as that dude was a MEAST, but I like Solly's praise, guy definitley knows talent and can coach.

Soldinger is the only guy on the planet that could make the comparison and it be worth anything.

I don't think you understand what this means. That scouting report is worth 100x more than Rivals, Scout, 247, etc. combined.

Sean Taylor ran a 4.42 at his pro day. If Carter is faster.....WOW.

Advertisement
Soldinger is the only guy on the planet that could make the comparison and it be worth anything.

I don't think you understand what this means. That scouting report is worth 100x more than Rivals, Scout, 247, etc. combined.

Can someone actually list Sean Taylor's official combine results?

I mean I hear people swear that ST was 6 foot 5, weighed 250 and had a 4.3 forty.

Advertisement

Can someone actually list Sean Taylor's official combine results?

I mean I hear people swear that ST was 6 foot 5, weighed 250 and had a 4.3 forty.

He didn't do anything at the combine, at his pro day he was 6-2.5 230, ran a 4.51 40 (times ranged from 4.42 to 4.55) and had a 35 inch vert.

Advertisement
We desperately need additional playmakers to go with Deon in the defensive backfield. Spring ball is going to be huge for Jenkins to make his mark before our new crops come in this summer.

Advertisement
BTW......

It is truly unbelievable the difference between Deon Bush and Kacy Rodgers.

Deon was LIGHT years better than KC as a true freshman.

Just one of the reasons we should see a huge improvement in the defense next year.

I remember Don swearing that McCoy was going to be much better than Cooper.

I'll never argue with this man when it comes to player evaluations. He has forgotten more football than many coaches could ever assimilate.

With that said...hefty praise. I saw ST play ALOT at Gullivet. He was something out of this world . It wasn't just the straight line speed...his change of direction was world class which is what made him so great in coverage and space .

I'll be watching that aspect when it comes to carter...how fluid is he in space? This is what truly makes these prototype "big" safeties stand out from the rest

Hard to compare him to ST as that dude was a MEAST, but I like Solly's praise, guy definitley knows talent and can coach.

Hard for YOU to compare him to ST, not hard for SOLDY to compare the two. He's probably one of a handful of people that can and still hold validity.

Advertisement
Back