Jamal Carter

The numbers didnt mean **** in ST's case besides him being a big dude.

He played football much faster than he ran a forty and hit harder than a 6'3" 230lb guy.

4.42 was his fastest time. That's quick...

Advertisement
I have never seen, with perhaps the exception of Ronnie Lott, a safety who had a more devastating impact of hitting on the game than Sean Taylor, the fact he could keep up with Randy Moss and Joey Galloway in the deep middle was amazing...

Taylor's best asset wasn't really his speed but his quickness and ability to turn his hips. Guys like Landry were basically really fast linebackers, Taylor was actually a safety who could turn his hips, run with WR's, and cover the entire field. There has never been anybody like that before, or since, which is why Taylor is basically the archetype safety. He could cover ground like Ed Reed and hit like Ronnie Lott. If you could build a safety in a test tube, it's Sean Taylor. Same way with Adrian Peterson at RB. He covered ground quicker than anyone on the field and was rangy as ****.

And beside shis athleticism he was an incredible football player. He wasn't just athletic, he really knew the game and had incredible instincts.

Last edited:
Taylor's best asset wasn't really his speed but his quickness and ability to turn his hips. Guys like Landry were basically really fast linebackers, Taylor was actually a safety who could turn his hips, run with WR's, and cover the entire field. There has never been anybody like that before, or since, which is why Taylor is basically the archetype safety. He could cover ground like Ed Reed and hit like Ronnie Lott. If you could build a safety in a test tube, it's Sean Taylor. Same way with Adrian Peterson at RB. He covered ground quicker than anyone on the field and was rangy as ****.

And beside shis athleticism he was an incredible football player. He wasn't just athletic, he really knew the game and had incredible instincts.

I thought Sean Taylor's best asset was knocking the ***** out of the ball carrier

I thought Sean Taylor's best asset was knocking the ***** out of the ball carrier

Then you never really saw him play at UM.

Advertisement
Hard to compare him to ST as that dude was a MEAST, but I like Solly's praise, guy definitley knows talent and can coach.

Hard for YOU to compare him to ST, not hard for SOLDY to compare the two. He's probably one of a handful of people that can and still hold validity.

Which is pretty much what I stated at the end of that sentence.

Advertisement
Back