Jamaal Whyce

Hes playing small school ball though in the trenches. Im a bit weary of those types...which is why i wasnt that high on Rousseau. But we shall see. I remember his dad being a player and name. Sad story..but atleast he may be headed on the right track seeing he got an offer already. Dont know how much he will blow up. But he would be someone i monitor. Down south seems to have some dl talent this go round again. (Homestead kids, etc)

Advertisement
Hes playing small school ball though in the trenches. Im a bit weary of those types...which is why i wasnt that high on Rousseau. But we shall see. I remember his dad being a player and name. Sad story..but atleast he may be headed on the right track seeing he got an offer already. Dont know how much he will blow up. But he would be someone i monitor. Down south seems to have some dl talent this go round again. (Homestead kids, etc)
The small school ball is a concern but as far as looking for traits, he has them. Think this kid deserves an offer how many DT's in the state would be ranked ahead of this kid next cycle? (outside of the one we already have committed)

The small school ball is a concern but as far as looking for traits, he has them. Think this kid deserves an offer how many DT's in the state would be ranked ahead of this kid next cycle? (outside of the one we already have committed)
Yea I would like to see him in a camp session going against some ol guys we offered. I like his traits...just know its a huge jump in comp coming from Dayton ohio then playing small school dade ball. He f*cks sh*t up this camp season im all in.

I like Lyons out of Homestead alotr as well

Advertisement
That guy was morbidly obese

I just remember everyone pegging him as the next great DT b/c he didn’t smile in a pic. Lol.

Kept telling ppl I know not one great prospect from an East LA JUCO. Lol Especially someone who’s Black!!!

Yea I would like to see him in a camp session going against some ol guys we offered. I like his traits...just know its a huge jump in comp coming from Dayton ohio then playing small school dade ball. He f*cks sh*t up this camp season im all in.

I like Lyons out of Homestead alotr as well
Haven’t seen Lyons most recent film but I remember him being a good player. Part of that Miami Southridge line with Leonard Taylor/Dante Anderson

Advertisement
No-brainer offer. This kid is huge. Pair him with Lyons of Homestead and Tarbor of Deerfield Beach and we have some Butch Davis-style war daddies again.
Please and Thank you. Lyons & Tarber are at the top of my list as true DT's. Pair them with Jamaal Johnson as a DT/DE and this kid as the "developmental" type and that's an A+ haul...

From reading the thread it seems he comes from good stock and has faced a lot of adversity. Manny and Simpson probably see a lot in him to offer before the camps. He has the frame to add some real muscle and size.

Advertisement
Please and Thank you. Lyons & Tarber are at the top of my list as true DT's. Pair them with Jamaal Johnson as a DT/DE and this kid as the "developmental" type and that's an A+ haul...

We need to be big again. I went back and watched some 2000-2001 film. Butch recruited huge body types at DT and DE. If we get those guys, we can keep a guy like Jamaal Johnson as a big athletic DE instead of a shrimpy DT.

Huh? Wadsworth? No my dude, I played against him in football and basketball like a dozen times from '90-'92. He went to Florida Christian on Bird Road. Graduated at around 6'4" 220, showed up at FSU at 300 lbs. Juiced as ****.
My bad.

Advertisement
Don’t forget we already have Cleveland committed. Lyons would be a take but I don’t think Tarber is. Wouldn’t have him ranked over Whyce and we took a 6’1 DT last cycle

We need to be big again. I went back and watched some 2000-2001 film. Butch recruited huge body types at DT and DE. If we get those guys, we can keep a guy like Jamaal Johnson as a big athletic DE instead of a shrimpy DT.
We're a long ways away from the days when the weights listed on our DL were 40lbs under what they actually were lol

We're a long ways away from the days when the weights listed on our DL were 40lbs under what they actually were lol
Those guys weren’t playing 80 snaps a game either. Rather grab taller guys in height and wingspan than just getting fat guys as pluggers. We need DTs to actually be productive in this defense

Don’t forget we already have Cleveland committed. Lyons would be a take but I don’t think Tarber is. Wouldn’t have him ranked over Whyce and we took a 6’1 DT last cycle
**** I kinda did. In that case, I'm picking Lyons but if for some reason Cleveland decides to bounce, Tarber's the first guy I call. I don't like to compare these kids to our former greats but he's got a lot of Big Vince in his game. I know he's a 3-4 Nose 1 Tech type but that man has a lethal initial burst.

Lethal enough that I think he can get upfield pressure in our system while being exactly who we think he'll be on running downs. Plus with guys like LT, JHH, QWill, Eli Roberts, etc. we have the luxury of bringing out more natural 4-3 body types on obvious passing downs. We ran a 4-3 when Wilfork was here and he ain't look out of place. Tarber might be able to do the same.

And to be honest, while I love Cleveland as a prospect, his level of competition is suspect. Especially in the opinion of most of the knowledgeable cats on the board with regards to the Bay Area. On the flipside, Tarber's been kicking the *** of A+ level competition since he got to high school. IMO, this is a case of K.I.S.S. Don't outsmart yourself getting wrapped up in body types and 3 and 4 man fronts. Recruit the **** outta that kid and let things run their course, because my eyes tell me he'll wreck your day 1 Tech or 3 Tech be damned...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back