Jamaal Whyce

Advertisement
We need to be big again. I went back and watched some 2000-2001 film. Butch recruited huge body types at DT and DE. If we get those guys, we can keep a guy like Jamaal Johnson as a big athletic DE instead of a shrimpy DT.
John Square being an exception

Don’t forget we already have Cleveland committed. Lyons would be a take but I don’t think Tarber is. Wouldn’t have him ranked over Whyce and we took a 6’1 DT last cycle
Early guess based on what we’re seeing is that Cleveland isn’t in the class, unless he has a huge summer/fall.

Patke made the offer on behalf of himself and Simpson. Told the kid Simpson will be in touch.

His cousin is Antonio Robinson who also has a Canes offer. His uncle is the defensive coordinator at Florida Christian.

Advertisement
Huh? Wadsworth? No my dude, I played against him in football and basketball like a dozen times from '90-'92. He went to Florida Christian on Bird Road. Graduated at around 6'4" 220, showed up at FSU at 300 lbs. Juiced as ****.
@Trav where did you go to school? Wadsworth whooped my *** while at MCS. Definitely got some great “nutrition” when he got to fswho. After the Knee injury with the Cardinals just wasn’t the same and broke down after that. Had he stayed healthy would’ve been a stud in the NFL for a long time

@Trav where did you go to school? Wadsworth whooped my *** while at MCS. Definitely got some great “nutrition” when he got to fswho. After the Knee injury with the Cardinals just wasn’t the same and broke down after that. Had he stayed healthy would’ve been a stud in the NFL for a long time
Palmer Trinity. He almost transferred there his senior year. When did you graduate MCS? I remember going against Tony Capote at RB. Little guy but really tough to bring down.

2022 DE/DT 6’4 250 at Florida Christian. Transferred from Dayton, Ohio last season. Just received his first Power 5 offer from Ole Miss. Kid has the goods, needs a Miami offer ASAP

Wow, Florida Christian C/O 2002....never thought I’d see the day that we’d have a legit P5 recruit

Advertisement
Just found a tweet about it:

That is his father in that article. Apparently his mother passed away a few years back and the father who went to Miami Central was raising him and 4 siblings in Dayton until he passed in August of 2020. I'm gonna assume he moved with family from Miami last year because of that.

Really feel for these kids and all they go through that we often have no idea about. Whether he comes to Miami or not, I hope the best for him and his 4 siblings because those are some really unfortunate circumstances.

👊🏿💯

**** I kinda did. In that case, I'm picking Lyons but if for some reason Cleveland decides to bounce, Tarber's the first guy I call. I don't like to compare these kids to our former greats but he's got a lot of Big Vince in his game. I know he's a 3-4 Nose 1 Tech type but that man has a lethal initial burst.

Lethal enough that I think he can get upfield pressure in our system while being exactly who we think he'll be on running downs. Plus with guys like LT, JHH, QWill, Eli Roberts, etc. we have the luxury of bringing out more natural 4-3 body types on obvious passing downs. We ran a 4-3 when Wilfork was here and he ain't look out of place. Tarber might be able to do the same.

And to be honest, while I love Cleveland as a prospect, his level of competition is suspect. Especially in the opinion of most of the knowledgeable cats on the board with regards to the Bay Area. On the flipside, Tarber's been kicking the *** of A+ level competition since he got to high school. IMO, this is a case of K.I.S.S. Don't outsmart yourself getting wrapped up in body types and 3 and 4 man fronts. Recruit the **** outta that kid and let things run their course, because my eyes tell me he'll wreck your day 1 Tech or 3 Tech be damned...
This this this this THIS. I agree with every sentence. Especially if you're getting Lyons and another traditional 4-3 body type DT along with him. You take Tarber as one of the 3 and if he doesn't pan out fine, you've got 2 other kids that should. But I think he will. Wilfork is who came to mind for me too.

And the competition he's played against matters as well as a tie-breaker. And he's at a local school that we want to keep a relationship with as they're gonna have Miami caliber kids EVERY year. As good as Cleveland looks, his school on the other side of the state, playing at that level (and even looking at the kids surrounding him on that team right now) might not have another Miami caliber kid for a WHILE.

Not saying I don't love Cleveland, because I do. But I'd only ignore all the other factors in play if he looked MILES better than Tarber, and I don't think he does.

Advertisement
We need to be big again. I went back and watched some 2000-2001 film. Butch recruited huge body types at DT and DE. If we get those guys, we can keep a guy like Jamaal Johnson as a big athletic DE instead of a shrimpy DT.

I been trying to tell ya'll big boyz that can run upfront are still what wins games even against spread offenses. The shortest route to the QB is up the gut.
None of this take a D-end an put weight on them, it's not the same as getting a 300lber that can run, those players are just meaner. When they make a tackle they purposely fall on the ball carrier with all their weight. After 5 or 6 hits were the offensive guy is giving up over 100+lbs they start questioning whether they want that ball again.
Converted Dends lack that extra nastiness found in big angry hog molly's.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Palmer Trinity. He almost transferred there his senior year. When did you graduate MCS? I remember going against Tony Capote at RB. Little guy but really tough to bring down.
Looky here we got ourselves a Flacon in our midst. Class of ‘93, Tony Capote lol! He was ‘94 and he was although it was his toughness and a cut back he did against Miami Country Day that busted my knee lol

Advertisement
Back