Jamaal Whyce

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid has a really good get off. Good vision and violent hands. Offer this kid asap. He has that trench bully mentality.

2022 DE/DT 6’4 250 at Florida Christian. Transferred from Dayton, Ohio last season. Just received his first Power 5 offer from Ole Miss. Kid has the goods, needs a Miami offer ASAP

Not sure, but gonna make the assumption that he's the son of, or at least related to, the late Jamaal Whyce who played DT at Miami Central and Marshall with Rakeem Cato. Here's an article about him:
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spo...cle_d06cfe21-375e-51e8-81c6-a248b869fcdd.html

Not sure, but gonna make the assumption that he's the son of, or at least related to, the late Jamaal Whyce who played DT at Miami Central and Marshall with Rakeem Cato. Here's an article about him:
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spo...cle_d06cfe21-375e-51e8-81c6-a248b869fcdd.html
Just found a tweet about it:

That is his father in that article. Apparently his mother passed away a few years back and the father who went to Miami Central was raising him and 4 siblings in Dayton until he passed in August of 2020. I'm gonna assume he moved with family from Miami last year because of that.

Really feel for these kids and all they go through that we often have no idea about. Whether he comes to Miami or not, I hope the best for him and his 4 siblings because those are some really unfortunate circumstances.

Advertisement
Good prospect. I like him as a 275-280lb pass rushing DT or as a 260-265lb SDE. Similar to Elijah Roberts. He has strength. He mostly uses a bull rush to beat OL but he would need to add more technique to his game and develop to be effective at the P5 level. He can't just rag doll guys at the P5 level like he is in HS. But he is definitely a take. Good length and twitch. Solid get off too.

Advertisement
Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of the powerhouse high schools like Central make a run at him but make no mistake this kid is going to blow up

Advertisement
Just found a tweet about it:

That is his father in that article. Apparently his mother passed away a few years back and the father who went to Miami Central was raising him and 4 siblings in Dayton until he passed in August of 2020. I'm gonna assume he moved with family from Miami last year because of that.

Really feel for these kids and all they go through that we often have no idea about. Whether he comes to Miami or not, I hope the best for him and his 4 siblings because those are some really unfortunate circumstances.

**** man I didn't even know his pops passed. Big Maal was a good dude. Used to play with him at Central. Last time I saw him was right before he went to Auburn. If he's anything like his dad he's P5 material...

**** man I didn't even know his pops passed. Big Maal was a good dude. Used to play with him at Central. Last time I saw him was right before he went to Auburn. If he's anything like his dad he's P5 material...
Yeah apparently it just happened this past August. Kid looks like a great prospect and comes from good stock so that's a good start.

Not even. He was from Northwest Christian. They had Derwin Jones back in the 80s also. I don't think they even play ball anymore.
Huh? Wadsworth? No my dude, I played against him in football and basketball like a dozen times from '90-'92. He went to Florida Christian on Bird Road. Graduated at around 6'4" 220, showed up at FSU at 300 lbs. Juiced as ****.

Advertisement
Back