Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

Advertisement
Idk about OU being out of respect. Their board saying Hurts family initiated the contact with Riley. Not the other way around.
That would make sense. OU has had the last two Heisman trophy winners at the QB position, any QB would be crazy not to at least look at them.

Hopefully Manny and Enos can convince him that Miami offers him the best place to earn exposure and make a run against Clemson

Advertisement
That would make sense. OU has had the last two Heisman trophy winners at the QB position, any QB would be crazy not to at least look at them.

Hopefully Manny and Enos can convince him that Miami offers him the best place to earn exposure and make a run against Clemson
That's valid, but at the same time I don't see how the guy doesn't choose to go play for a revitalized team with the coach who literally transformed his game. At this point I'd be surprised if he chooses elsewhere. Just Doesn't make sense when he has 1 year and that's it.

Advertisement
Really impressed with how Jalen has handled it. Dude is all business, no Twitter likes, no comments , three visits and straight to the point

he isn't a kid anymore. he's won a NC and this is all business for him. where can i go to improve as a passer, show case my talents and make it to the NFL. no histrionics or narcissism.

Advertisement
From OU board early this morning:

Here is what I know on Jalen Hurts. As we reported yesterday, Hurts was in town and stayed until midday on Sunday, I am told. I am told it wen well and OU made sure he knew he was wanted. Sources also tell me that he OU has been harping on personnel and the fact OU has the talent around him to win and boost his NFL stock.

A few well placed sources tell me they feel OU is right there and maybe even leads. One source told me, "OU is where he will go. Been in the works for over month now."

First, we first told you about the option of Hurst to OU over month ago, so that lines up, but how much validity I take in the fact "OU is where he will go" is still something even I am trying to figure out myself. The source knows what he is talking about, but OU has some barriers to cross for that to happen and that is making Hurts feel like he will be THE GUY in the 2019 season and fending off Hurts ex-coaches that have a ton of communication/relationship time over Riley and OU.

Another source tells me that Hurts is actually telling people in his circles that he is leaning towards Maryland. The thing with this is that I am not sure when that was said. Was it text prior to OU visit, during or after since it was through a text and told to me through via third person. Having said all of that, I fell Maryland is a major player here, but for the most Hurts, and his family, have been really quiet about this and that makes it very hard to track.

Now, with Miami getting the last visit it becomes a question of where Hurts feels most comfortable. I spoke to a Miami source and they were unsure the chances the Canes have, but Hurts visiting and having a strong relationship with Enos-- Hurts former QB coach at Bama-- gives them more than a punchers chance, one would think.

The visit is still ongoing and I am told it should end at some point on Monday. The timetable being thrown around is sometime by Thursday, but even that is unconfirmed, at this point.

I will dig some more on this, but I would expect Hurts to go into a shell. If you see Riley tweet some eyes, in the coming days, it will be coaches or Hurts. Those are going to be fun to chase down (sarcasm).

From a poster who knows nothing on the recruitment.

Nobody wants Hurts here more than me, but landing in OU makes sense, from a business standpoint.
With Kendall in the portal, and Murray possibly going to play bases or entering the draft, it will leave 2 freshman QBs on the roster in Norman. Hurts already said he will go to the program that all but guarantees him the starting job next season. Again, from a business standpoint, OU makes sense. Would love to have him here, and I think he stands an equal chance of being the starter, but Riley's track record and OU's recent success as a program should be a concern for all those wishing for him to land here, including myself

Here is what I know on Jalen Hurts. As we reported yesterday, Hurts was in town and stayed until midday on Sunday, I am told. I am told it wen well and OU made sure he knew he was wanted. Sources also tell me that he OU has been harping on personnel and the fact OU has the talent around him to win and boost his NFL stock.

A few well placed sources tell me they feel OU is right there and maybe even leads. One source told me, "OU is where he will go. Been in the works for over month now."

First, we first told you about the option of Hurst to OU over month ago, so that lines up, but how much validity I take in the fact "OU is where he will go" is still something even I am trying to figure out myself. The source knows what he is talking about, but OU has some barriers to cross for that to happen and that is making Hurts feel like he will be THE GUY in the 2019 season and fending off Hurts ex-coaches that have a ton of communication/relationship time over Riley and OU.

Another source tells me that Hurts is actually telling people in his circles that he is leaning towards Maryland. The thing with this is that I am not sure when that was said. Was it text prior to OU visit, during or after since it was through a text and told to me through via third person. Having said all of that, I fell Maryland is a major player here, but for the most Hurts, and his family, have been really quiet about this and that makes it very hard to track.

Now, with Miami getting the last visit it becomes a question of where Hurts feels most comfortable. I spoke to a Miami source and they were unsure the chances the Canes have, but Hurts visiting and having a strong relationship with Enos-- Hurts former QB coach at Bama-- gives them more than a punchers chance, one would think.

The visit is still ongoing and I am told it should end at some point on Monday. The timetable being thrown around is sometime by Thursday, but even that is unconfirmed, at this point.

I will dig some more on this, but I would expect Hurts to go into a shell. If you see Riley tweet some eyes, in the coming days, it will be coaches or Hurts. Those are going to be fun to chase down (sarcasm).

Battle of the sauces. TDub said announcement today.

Advertisement

And if you look on the Maryland board they think he’s leaning Miami. One of their posters says he knows someone on Miami’s recruiting staff and alludes to Miami being extremely confident. Their insider on 247 says Miami is confident as well

Last edited:

**** off man, how the **** is he gonna choose Oklahoma and battle the #1 QB recruit in the country and deal with what put him in this situation. And ******* Maryland? Only way he goes to Maryland is if Under Armour dropped that bag.

Advertisement
Back