Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

tumblr_ota53sianF1qb1wpgo1_400.gif

I have no inside info I am just reading the tea leaves.

Advertisement
I’m struggling with the idea of Hurts transferring w/o a virtual guarantee that he’ll be the starter where ever he goes. No offense to Williams, but he’s neither as talented, debatable I know, or committed as Hurts.
I know, and I agree, but you tell Williams the starting job is as much his as it is Hurts, but it's to be earned. Contrarily, Richt's handling of Perry and Rosier all but confirmed that the position was not earned, but strangely given, then taken, then given, then taken again, with on field performance not contributing to any bit of it.

You establish to the quarterbacks as well as the entire team that playing time can be earned if deserved. And if Williams doesn't make the cut, there will be no question as to why. To Williams himself, or anyone else. That either breeds character or exposes one's refusal to accept responsibility.

Tate Martell and Jalen Hurts.

Martell has connections to Miami with his former High School teammates. His twitter points to Miami. Bubba Bolden and his mom have been all over the Tate to Miami train, not to mention Brevin Jordan.
He is also following a bunch of Miami coaches.
247 is reporting it is a three team race between Miami, WVU, Louisville.
He ain't going to Louisville, and Miami over Morgantown, his personality fits Miami and I can see him being a Manziel/Baker type of QB here for sure.

Hurts, I think most signs point to Miami here as well.
I do not see him going to Maryland, thats a 6 win team next year.
Oklahoma is not a good fit for him in my opinion, he would be much more comfortable under Enos who has worked with him and helped him improve immensely.

I could see a scenario where Martell, if eligible, would not mind playing under Hurts.
Miami could get creative on O, take a page out of Bama's book, and play both of them, creating some packages for Martell to get 10 or so snaps a game.
Then he is primed to take the reigns from Hurts...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
WEren't the final two coaching spots going to be announced today as well? WR and TE?

I wonder if all the staff will be together at the meeting tonight

Man, there’s excitement in the air of the likes we haven’t had since College Gameday was on campus circa 2017 vs Notre Lame. Here’s hoping Jalen is covering all his bases during this mini recruiting tour and understands that all positive measures points to the U as his final destination. There is just too much love for a player of his caliber here even with the fickle fan base he would be seen as the messiah for helping turn the offense around and our record improved. That, plus a weak division in the Coastal means if Hurts plays decently to great that we’ll be in the ACCCG to play against Clemson. I’m sure that is playing in the back of his mind as he meets with Enos and Diaz today. All signs point to Miami, and what a brilliant pickup via the transfer portal this would be. Add him to our offensive weapons, in Enos’ offense coupled with Manny’s defense (even if some units of it will be young) and 10-11 wins is our floor.

Advertisement
Tate Martell and Jalen Hurts.

Martell has connections to Miami with his former High School teammates. His twitter points to Miami. Bubba Bolden and his mom have been all over the Tate to Miami train, not to mention Brevin Jordan.
He is also following a bunch of Miami coaches.
247 is reporting it is a three team race between Miami, WVU, Louisville.
He ain't going to Louisville, and Miami over Morgantown, his personality fits Miami and I can see him being a Manziel/Baker type of QB here for sure.

Hurts, I think most signs point to Miami here as well.
I do not see him going to Maryland, thats a 6 win team next year.
Oklahoma is not a good fit for him in my opinion, he would be much more comfortable under Enos who has worked with him and helped him improve immensely.

I could see a scenario where Martell, if eligible, would not mind playing under Hurts.
Miami could get creative on O, take a page out of Bama's book, and play both of them, creating some packages for Martell to get 10 or so snaps a game.
Then he is primed to take the reigns from Hurts...
I think Martell would have to sit out a year so he wouldn’t be in a situation where he has to share playing time with hurts m

That, plus a weak division in the Coastal means if Hurts plays decently to great that we’ll be in the ACCCG to play against Clemson.

BROTHER you just nailed it!..... HURTS CAN LEAD THIS TEAM INTO A ACCCG VS. CLEMSON..... he doens't get that chance at Terps or OU.....

MIAMI gives him that chance to go up against Dabo/Lawrence and show his stuff.....

A REAL competitor takes these challenges....

I see it as way more likely that Hurts joins when compared to Martell, although I'd love them both.

Hurts has 1 shot to make the most of it, why would he take it with anyone other than Enos. The guy already significantly improved him as a passer and knows his strengths and weaknesses in and out. Would make ZERO sense to go anywhere else.

With Martell I think the biggest impulse is knowing that he has his old HS buddies on the team. If I'm him I'd wait for Hurts to make a decision, why not come to Miami and play an year behind Hurts before being handed the reigns?

Advertisement
Back