Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

Jalen Hurts transferring here is big for our program in so many ways. On and off the field. For better or worse he’s a national name and the national attention will be on the program. It’s a big deal for a program that needs to return to relevance

Also would speak volumes about our OC Enos. Hurts choosing to put his faith in Enos as our OC over following his Bama OC to Maryland gives some fascinating insight into which coach he believes in most in terms of putting together a great offense and setting him up to succeed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His first visit to campus is today, so just let it play. []__[] can legitimately be in the Championship game vs Clemson and have a way better defense. JH can't ask for more than that in his final year.

Ironically, he's been in our stadium - don't think he got on the field against OU though

The important thing here is that at the very least, Hurts will invite true competition at QB. But make it a fair competition for Williams. He is eager to transfer anyways, if he doesn't win the job fair and square and can't wait one more year then imo, he's not a person I want on the team. Self, self, self. Qeue Kellen Winslow soldier quote.

You never promise anyone a job, but he adds some much needed experience and maturity into the quarterback room.

And if we’re going off last year, he’s clearly the best player of the bunch.

I’m not saying he can’t be beat out, but why would you not want to bring him in for competition sake? Competition breeds success.

And if someone manages to beat Hurts out then why is that a bad thing? It means that either N’Kosi and/or Jarren completely beat him out which would mean massive maturity improvement and QB play for both. If that’s the case, bring Hurts in, I’ll take it!

HOW DO YOU TURN THIS DOWN FOR SOME BLIZZARD-*** COLD TOWN?

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 11.44.09 AM.png

1547408860012.png

1547408880692.png

1547408922503.png

Advertisement
The important thing here is that at the very least, Hurts will invite true competition at QB. But make it a fair competition for Williams. He is eager to transfer anyways, if he doesn't win the job fair and square and can't wait one more year then imo, he's not a person I want on the team. Self, self, self. Qeue Kellen Winslow soldier quote.

I’m struggling with the idea of Hurts transferring w/o a virtual guarantee that he’ll be the starter where ever he goes. No offense to Williams, but he’s neither as talented, debatable I know, or committed as Hurts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back