Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

Advertisement
Meanwhile in the Miami QB room.
giphy-1.gif

Hurts is Malik Rosier.

I don’t get the negativity toward this post. He isn’t too far off. There IS a reason Hurts was replaced by a true freshman. There are better QBs out there. Actually I believe our freshman is better than Hurts.

Advertisement
It's us or MD. MD has his former OC as HC and we have his former QBC as his OC. Both QB positions are up for grabs.,

I'm betting Miami is a slam dunk. Enos was his position coach. College Park is like being in Siberia this time of year.

After ready this , I believe Hurts is coming to Da U!!

"Enos boasts more than 20 years of experience coaching skill position players, over 10 years of play-calling experience and five years as the head coach at Central Michigan from 2010-14. At Alabama, he has helped Tagovailoa rewrite the Crimson Tide’s record books, and although Tagovailoa has had a stellar season, the job Enos has done with Hurts is more impressive.

Hurts clearly improved as a passer this past season with Enos as quarterbacks coach. The latter said he changed the former’s grip on the football and focused on his anticipation. And that was one of the reasons the junior chose to stay at Alabama was to improve his craft with Enos.
“He’s always had a good demeanor,” Enos said of Hurts. “But one conversation I had with him, he said, ‘I want to stay, I want to get better.’ So, I knew he wants to get coached. It was a great perk for me because I loved coaching him. What a credit to him and Coach Saban and this program. But before that, he was trying to get better anyway, so we just continued down that path.”

While at Media Day, Hurts added, “I think it has made a big difference, him and Coach Locksley being in the same room being able to put their hands on me. It’s been a very productive year.” "

Advertisement
I don’t get the negativity toward this post. He isn’t too far off. There IS a reason Hurts was replaced by a true freshman. There are better QBs out there. Actually I believe our freshman is better than Hurts.

Hurts was replaced in the national championship game. He’s 26-2 as a starter and has won playoff games. Has Malik even scored a touchdown in a bowl game?

You can have all three without affecting each other.
2019 Hurts
2020 Martell
2021 Martell
2022 Plumlee
2023 Plumlee

Exactly, but it's unlikely we land all three. Doubt Plumlee will sit for 3 years and be fine with that. QBs are transferring now days for having to sit 1 year.

Advertisement
So? He's meh.

I'd rather see Enos try and develop Jarren Williams

Do you think he'll Develop him In time for the season opener? Williams can always take the reins later on in the year. Jalen Hurts has seen it before... and so has Enos

Advertisement
This. It’s not the no-risk play that some suggest it is. Jarren’s apparently flaky and the other two seem destined for Last Chance U. As long as we have a contingency plan, great.

Quick side note before my two cents... N'Kosi Perry at EMCC would be must see TV.

That said, Jalen Hurts has demonstrated incredible integrity and loyalty to his teammates/program, two qualities UM could use on the offensive side of the house. He's not the most gifted QB of all-time, but given the fact that we haven't had a winner in the QB room for nearly two decades this would be a huge get for the program. Not to mention he would likely accelerate the process of getting other players to "buy in" to what Enos is going to change.

For those of you too impatient and short-sighted to see what Manny is up to. I hope you can wake the f**k up, because you're missing what should be an exciting time for all of us.

So? He's meh.

I'd rather see Enos try and develop Jarren Williams
Look we need some leadership on offense, that QB room isn’t ringing a whole lot of confidence with the guys we have. Hurts will bring that and respect, that can’t be overlooked. Also why that Buffalo WR is a great addition they know how to put in the work we need that to rub off on our guys.

Advertisement
Back