Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

Sure but they also don't want to head to a place where the program had a dismal offense last year and bringing in a brand new offensive coaching staff (Miami) or where there was a complete overhaul on the coaching side and the program is historically a mid-tier program (Maryland).

If we're being honest, Oklahoma gives him the best chance to win a championship next year while also improving his odds of becoming a first round pick.
Don't know that I agree with that. Rattler will be a frosh and yes, TL did it, but Haley's comet can also be seen with the naked eye occasionally. And, of course, their D is average. I honestly believe we have 3 games standing between us and the CFB playoffs: UF FSU and CU. Yes, CU is going to be a herculean task, but not impossible. I don't care what the pundits say, I believe we have a better chance at the playoffs than OU. Also, as the UT QB said, "We're baaaaccckk!!!" People forgot about what a stud Herman is because he inherited a sick culture. Well, he's mostly corrected it and they are now legitimate B12 contenders.

We have 2 regular season games that should give us a real challenge. Anything can happen. C'mon Jalen!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
How did Hurts do against Venables??????

If it wasn't for Watson and his brilliance Hurts would have had one of the most exciting game winning TD's in the History of CFB National Championships.

Would be nice to have someone like that in a hypothetical Miami-Clemson match- up in 2019..[/QUOTE
Hurts competed at an elite level. The guys we have struggled competing against mediocre opposition. He would be A tremendous addition to the program

Don't know that I agree with that. Rattler will be a frosh and yes, TL did it, but Haley's comet can also be seen with the naked eye occasionally. And, of course, their D is average. I honestly believe we have 3 games standing between us and the CFB playoffs: UF FSU and CU. Yes, CU is going to be a herculean task, but not impossible. I don't care what the pundits say, I believe we have a better chance at the playoffs than OU. Also, as the UT QB said, "We're baaaaccckk!!!" People forgot about what a stud Herman is because he inherited a sick culture. Well, he's mostly corrected it and they are now legitimate B12 contenders.

We have 2 regular season games that should give us a real challenge. Anything can happen. C'mon Jalen!!!

From your mouth to God's ears but I think you're a bit biased. Our program hasn't been a championship contender for over a decade (I don't count 2017 as us being contenders). I think our future is bright but it's hard to expect Manny to beat Dabo in year one. I would love to be wrong but again, common sense says we're still at least one year away from being CFP contenders.

Oklahoma has also played in 2 out of 5 CFP semi-finals so there's that.

From your mouth to God's ears but I think you're a bit biased. Our program hasn't been a championship contender for over a decade (I don't count 2017 as us being contenders). I think our future is bright but it's hard to expect Manny to beat Dabo in year one. I would love to be wrong but again, common sense says we're still at least one year away from being CFP contenders.

Oklahoma has also played in 2 out of 5 CFP semi-finals so there's that.
Good points. Not saying this is likely, but if Jalen comes, barring a rash of injuries, we will have the best season season since at least 2003.

I would love for him to come here.

We have a great defense.
Our offense has a lot of talent.
We are getting our good WRs back.
We added depth.
We just need an ACC ready QB and someone great would really help.

I hope he comes here. It's a great program and his QB coach is here and could get him into the NFL and as a high draft pick. I hope he comes

Advertisement
Good points. Not saying this is likely, but if Jalen comes, barring a rash of injuries, we will have the best season season since at least 2003.
Big if, I hope to God he picks Miami. We need some string of good luck after the last 15+ years of inept coaching/play.

Oklahoma looks to be the only team that could give him a shot at playing Bama on the big stage.

He probably wants that opportunity.
i think you guys might be over estimating the importance to him of playing in the CFP. he has won championships and played in big games. he wants the best place to show his skills and improve so he can play at the next level. that to me in here and under enos.

i think you guys might be over estimating the importance to him of playing in the CFP. he has won championships and played in big games. he wants the best place to show his skills and improve so he can play at the next level. that to me in here and under enos.

Over estimating the importance of playing in the playoff? Oh lord haha

Advertisement
Advertisement
And your shtick is ALWAYS coming up with the negative prediction. Sounds like you need megadoses of anti-depressants.

I'm really not negative.
I'm just not a moron. I pay attention to trends.
Once Miami starts to win these battles, you'll see me start to switch my predictions.

I was very clear in the Bogle/Hasselwood/Stevenson threads.

Prove me wrong Miami. You haven't yet.

Oklahoma playing in back to back CFB playoffs and having back to back Heisman winners are pretty good reasons lol
With the way the last game played out against Bama I guarantee OU will not get another invite to the playoffs unless they are undefeated or fix that defense. Lots of people turned that game off at the end of the 1st quarter....

yea. the playoff doesn't make anyone want to draft him. he has to get better.

If he makes the playoff, good chance he got better and shines on the biggest stage.

Miami stand a shot because of Enos and Miami. But if you wanna y’all about developing a quarterback, there’s no better coach than Lincoln Riley right now in the business.

I'm really not negative.
I'm just not a moron. I pay attention to trends.
Once Miami starts to win these battles, you'll see me start to switch my predictions.

I was very clear in the Bogle/Hasselwood/Stevenson threads.

Prove me wrong Miami. You haven't yet.

Trends are irrelevant.

If you understand statistics, think like I think.

Each event is independent. They are totally unrelated, especially since this is a different category than high school recruiting.

This event presents a completely different set of circumstances and is unaffected by prior failures.

Whether he chooses us or not has nothing to do with prior events.

If you flip an unaltered coin 10 times and get tails, your odds of getting heads on the 11th flip are still 50/50. Each coin flip is independent.

Leave the emotion out. Life is easier that way.

Advertisement
Back