Jalen Harrell

Advertisement
Yeah that’s right. I know his ppl. That’s the only school in Lakeland that really **** with the U. I think he likes FSU. Their former HC is a big time FSU guy and Haggin was all over Gant and Kathleen boys. Is he showing interest in Miami?

He was a virtual unknown before the Orlando Opening where he really showed out running a 4.4 and having the 4th overall highest sparq score @ 101.43. Since then he has received a plethora of offers including the Big 3. He’s visited all 3 Florida schools. He visited FSPOO first and word was they were leading coming out of the visit but supposedly he grew up a Canes fan and has been saying all the right things behind the scenes according to insiders per Ivins. This was all over a month ago but him showing up today is a good sign that we are still in it.

Advertisement
I just watched Pouncey for the first time, and wow. Insane ball skills, plus size and speed. I’m a fan, would be a huge pull.
Agreed, getting him to show up to the Spring Game was good now we need to get him on campus to have a real shot.

Does pouncey have a brother who plays for the longhorns?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was prowling around on the UF board this morning and noticed they also had a thread about Harrell. Seems like they didn't go hard after him either - speed was also mentioned there. Maybe FSU was the only in state school that really recruited him hard...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just as a point of comparison- I think Vince Wilfork ran like 5.0 flat 40 at the NFL Combine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Wilfork
Vince had a much faster short shuttle 4.5 to 4.75, was only 2 inches shorter in the vertical jump, and his 40 was a tenth slower and at the combine he weighed 340 pounds, and in the 3 cone agility drill Vince ran 7.62 and Harrell 7.69!!!

That three cone time is a real teller. Wilfork was able to maneuver that 340 pounds at 6-2 better!

Advertisement
Back