Jalen Harrell portal

As a recap:

The Class of 2018 has a 74% Attrition Rate
*Grading on a curve to dismiss Jordan/GR15: 65%*

The Class of 2019 has a 50% Attrition Rate (So far)

The Class of 2020 has a 28% Attrition Rate (So Far)

The Class of 2021 has a 22% Attrition Rate (So Far)

In actuality, we did have major depth & talent concern; & furthermore, being that the highest attrition rate came from the upper class men classes, we fielded a young team this yr w/ a lack of veteran leadership.

Whether u have an axe to grind or not, these r the hard facts; and if I’m going to be honest, although I knew yr 1 would be a struggle, I didn’t do a deep dive into the roster composition. W/ that being said, this still doesn’t excuse or let Gattis off the hook for anything we saw this yr, & Mario could spend time overhauling this roster, but he bets make sure to overhaul that O, too.

Advertisement
There’s a bunch just like him on the team. Guys who shouldn’t have had a 4th star. People look at all these 4 stars and say we have so much talent…it’s bllsht….example....what about Redding says 4 star?
We've had our share of highly prized recruits who did nothing at the collegiate level. There has got to be some info out on the net regarding which schools recruit busts on a consistent rate at the college level lol. I know there is a delicate balance between system and coaching, but consistency shows in good and bad things lol. Unluckily, we've been on the bad side for more than a decade and half. Here's to hoping Mario and Zo can change the tides🤙

We've had our share of highly prized recruits who did nothing at the collegiate level. There has got to be some info out on the net regarding which schools recruit busts on a consistent rate at the college level lol. I know there is a delicate balance between system and coaching, but consistency shows in good and bad things lol. Unluckily, we've been on the bad side for more than a decade and half. Here's to hoping Mario and Zo can change the tides🤙
If you break down recruiting classes for every school, there’s always guys who never perform. Even the schools that recruit at the highest level have them. Alabama has more high 4 and 5 star busts than anyone. I did a comparison in another thread a while back and I don’t remember the exact numbers but their 2019 class had something like 8 guys who were either highly rated 4 stars (better than most Miami recruits) or 5 stars who either never played and transferred or were career jags who only played in blowouts.

We tend to think this is just a Miami problem but every school deals with this. Let’s be real, if you sign 25 kids every year and there’s only 22 starting positions on a roster, there’s always going to be guys who don’t crack the rotation.

Some of you dudes are weird with this "who" crap. You're on a message board posting and reading about Miami - jokes probably more on you if you devote all that time and still don't know the names of players, especially one that was a 4 star (rightly or wrongly)

Weird flex
We were all excited when we flipped him from FSU. Good luck to the kid.

Advertisement
Good luck to him. Kind of forgot about him in the team. Coming out of high school I thought he was going to be a solid safety for us
Yep.. I thought it was a solid pickup and then he never saw the field.... I honestly forgot he was on the team until I saw this thread... Hopefully he can catch on somewhere and get on the field with whatever eligibility he has left....

Advertisement
He's got 3 years left. Chose Miami over offers from Arkansas, Clemson, Cincinnati, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Nebraska, Penn State, Pitt, USF, Tennessee, UCF and West Virginia, among others. Gotta be somebody on this list where he can fit better. Hoping the best.

Advertisement
There’s a bunch just like him on the team. Guys who shouldn’t have had a 4th star. People look at all these 4 stars and say we have so much talent…it’s bllsht….example....what about Redding says 4 star?
The number of four star quality players that couldn't get snaps on this roster should tell you how talented this team is. This why Blue Chip Ratio is such a faulty measure for most teams.

In that 55% Blue Chip Ratio, bRo! is guys like Avery Huff, Jalen Harrell, Chantz Williams, Elijah Roberts, Big Baby Seymoure, Jabari Ishmael, Isaiah Dunson, Mike McLaughlin. Guys that just don't play much, if at all. Then you look at guys that do play that would count toward that 55% and they are known scrubs, underperforming players or limited players like DJ Ivey, Will Mallory, Jaylon Knighton, Frank Ladson, Redding, Brinson, Keontra Smith, Gil Frierson, Te'Corey Couch.

When people say "we have talent, BrO!" this is the talent they are mostly talking about. I've seen those guys play...those are the types of players that lose twice to Duke over their career. Those are the types of guys that lose to MTSU, FIU, and LaTech in a bowl game in their career. That's what I see. idk what everyone else sees, but thats what I see.

The number of four star quality players that couldn't get snaps on this roster should tell you how talented this team is. This why Blue Chip Ratio is such a faulty measure for most teams.

In that 55% Blue Chip Ratio, bRo! is guys like Avery Huff, Jalen Harrell, Chantz Williams, Elijah Roberts, Big Baby Seymoure, Jabari Ishmael, Isaiah Dunson, Mike McLaughlin. Guys that just don't play much, if at all. Then you look at guys that do play that would count toward that 55% and they are known scrubs, underperforming players or limited players like DJ Ivey, Will Mallory, Jaylon Knighton, Frank Ladson, Redding, Brinson, Keontra Smith, Gil Frierson, Te'Corey Couch.

When people say "we have talent, BrO!" this is the talent they are mostly talking about. I've seen those guys play...those are the types of players that lose twice to Duke over their career. Those are the types of guys that lose to MTSU, FIU, and LaTech in a bowl game in their career. That's what I see. idk what everyone else sees, but thats what I see.
Combine everything you said with most of that " talent " being mentally fragile and we have the scenario we are currently in

Advertisement
Combine everything you said with most of that " talent " being mentally fragile and we have the scenario we are currently in
More to the story..then add in guys that have playmaking ability like TVD and Breshard who are coached poorly on a grand scale; guys like Zion & #2 who are injured. Talented performers like Stevenson and Kinchens who for whatever reason are a part of a secondary that hemmorages big plays. Add it up and you get 5-6.

More to the story..then add in guys that have playmaking ability like TVD and Breshard who are coached poorly on a grand scale; guys like Zion & #2 who are injured. Talented performers like Stevenson and Kinchens who for whatever reason are a part of a secondary that hemmorages big plays. Add it up and you get 5-6.
I think those big plays we were allowing had more to do with the players vs coaching. Kam made a lot of big mistakes early on but he's responded amazingly. But having corners like Ivey running a 4.8 & tiny T Couch getting dragged by ball carriers make it nearly impossible to not give up big plays. Upgrading the talent on the back end itself will fix a lot.

you aren't getting an influx of kids vastly better than the ones leaving. there are gonna be good ones that leave too. it happens. I hope we keep some of the depth guys bc well need them and they still have talent.
U mean better than man who been on the roster and cant even be a role player after 2 and 3 years? Yeah bye

Advertisement
Back