Jalen Harrell portal

Advertisement
In with the pro forma "Does not surprise me" response.
Looks like the "Who?" response has already been covered.

One of 3 uninjured scholarship players who got 0 snaps this year, I believe.
The other 2 are Peyton Matocha and Keshawn Washington.

Screenshot_20221123-222554.png

Some absolute 🔥 takes in the OG thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny recruited a lot of tweeners and didn’t even know how to utilize their skill set.
Manny's defense had some very rigid playertypes and you could see patterns in certain players highlight tapes as we'd offer players. Linebacker and Strikers you could understand right away what Manny was looking for. Interior DL, can they get skinny. A part of his defense is that uses lots of tweener types...which explains his success as a DC coming in places that - due to recruiting limitations - attracts those types of players and hasn't consistently succeeded at the supposed big boy Power 5 programs.

You can key in on these type of players if you're at Miss State or Louisiana Tech and have success because the player-level of ball just match. But you can't target these outliers or guys you see as simply scheme specific at what you're looking to do at the Power 5, "high end" level. This level we're looking to get to requires a higher caliber of football player and athlete than what we were mostly attracting under Manny Diaz. Its one of the reasons why transfers were and still are able to come in and immediately outproduce, out-earn-reps. We're talking about a lesser quality player that is likely now having to play at a new position/role to them. Things can unravel quick if you've got an entire team with a lot of these types. It isn't the same - but analogous to a spread team transition to the option or going from a players coach to a real hard ***. There could be a lot of collateral damage in that transition...and to be fair...I think there is quite a bit of that on this team.

Respectfully, I thought he was a reach for us. Good luck to the young man.
He was well-regarded, but the more I watched his HS film, I was also concerned where he'd actually fit and play.

Advertisement
Tweener like Elijah and with no more striker position he kinda got left positionless

Good luck young man find you a good home/defensive scheme and make the league

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back