Jalen Harrell Commits

I wouldn’t get overly excited about stealing guys from FSU. FSU has led the world in overrated low character recruits the last 5 to 7 years.

While this may be true, I think a lot of this has to do with these kids becoming that once they get there. It seems like that culture/lockerroom has been fvcked since Alabama broke Francois. They still manage to sign talent, but once the kids get there they go down the drain. With that being said, this class will be their worst class in quite some time.

Advertisement
You can go over 25 if you have spots open from last class since it's per calendar year.

20 in '19
30 in '20 if you get 5 EEs

Over simplified example. Grad transfers, portal kids etc all count the same.

Ok. I know for a fact we’ll be taking at least one , probably two grad transfers on top of a 25 man class.

While this may be true, I think a lot of this has to do with these kids becoming that once they get there. It seems like that culture/lockerroom has been fvcked since Alabama broke Francois. They still manage to sign talent, but once the kids get there they go down the drain. With that being said, this class will be their worst class in quite some time.
They get talent. But they get a LOT of low character talent. We’ve been similar but not quite as bad.

I don’t buy the Francois/Baga thing, as they had been doing the low character/high star thing for some time before he got hurt.

Advertisement
this is how you are suppose to recruit. Getting knighton is an elite get and Harrell is a great pickup as well. 10 out of 21(20 not counting Antonio smith) of our commits are blue chip recruits, get over 50% should be the goal in any given class. Add db Francois dl Harrell that’s 2 more blue chippers and flip hyppolite NOW that’s another blue chip recruit

Brock calm down, remember after the last loss you promised you weren’t going to get too emotionally attached to this team anymore... I want you to take a deep breathe in and on the exhale repeat after me “Manny Diaz is still the head coach”.

Maybe add that to your morning routine.

Also: this is a good pick up for our new coach in 2021

Advertisement
Nice.
Someone posted a few weeks ago that our blue-chip ratio for the cycle was an unacceptable 35%.
After a few expected de-commits and a few nice pick-ups were now at 48%, with a shot to finish +50%.
I'll take it given the way this year went.
Definitely like a couple of guys to come in and make differences right away especially some of our EEs

Brock calm down, remember after the last loss you promised you weren’t going to get too emotionally attached to this team anymore... I want you to take a deep breathe in and on the exhale repeat after me “Manny Diaz is still the head coach”.

Maybe add that to your morning routine.

Also: this is a good pick up for our new coach in 2021
Being happy for a commit doesn’t mean I’m too emotionally attached. I can Be disappointed in our season but happy about recruiting when good things happen, it’s not mutually exclusive

Advertisement
The kids tape looks plenty fast. He stands out physically and athletically. He’s legit over 6ft. This is a HUGE get when you look at the other DBs committed and what’s on the roster. We have been starting Robert Knowles people.

Advertisement
I remember Diaz saying AT LEAST 25 this cycle. You gotta figure there’s another drop with Smith and another mutual decision with Washington over the horizon. That would mean 7-8 new commits. I’m expecting some pleasant surprises popping up over the next couple weeks before signing day.

Ok. I know for a fact we’ll be taking at least one , probably two grad transfers on top of a 25 man class.

I'd legitimately like to see an explanation how. I could see possibly taking some grad transfers after signing day but those be applied to the following year, limiting new signees by that number.

If he commits the hoes bring up a 4.8 40 time, if he commits elsewhere the hoes say the "staph" cant recruit. Two major pickups the last 48 hours say otherwise. OOS baller last week. Stack chips right?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back