Jake O'Donnell

Loved O´Donnell´s burst to the QB in his highlights. That and the frame he´s already growing into are two reasons why Butch Davis wanted this kid.

Advertisement
One of my favorite recruits in years. This kid reeks of JJ Watt to me and I hope we keep him on D. Just seems nasty and workmanlike.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it

I regularly fill Jake in on all the comments. He gets a kick out of them and definitely has kept him charged up to be a Cane.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it

I regularly fill Jake in on all the comments. He gets a kick out of them and definitely has kept him charged up to be a Cane.

Just a heads-up if you're truly his father, this place gets very ruthless, especially during the season.

Advertisement
Krman, I'll PM you with details. There's no finality on the travel roster, should Jake make it, will you be making the BC trip.

So Jake's dad posts here? That's awesome!

Should be another little reminder so the people who so freely use the comfort of a computer screen when posting garbage about players.

We've got some major needs at DE so he should definitely get his opportunity when ready.

So Jake's dad posts here? That's awesome!

Should be another little reminder so the people who so freely use the comfort of a computer screen when posting garbage about players.

We've got some major needs at DE so he should definitely get his opportunity when ready.

Good post and great warning to the other posters. You never know who is reading the forums.

You might just as well warn family members that you better have thick skin if you are going to visit football forums. The world isn't going to change for family members. People express frustration here when things don't go the way they want them to go. I'm just saying family members have to be ready to hear that.

Advertisement
...which in turn should result in the maturation of our fan base. Instead of acting like unpleasant impolite children folks can share their frustration without calling players names or using vulgar language.

Welcome Mr. O'Donnell!

True story: When I first heard about Jake in the summer of 2011, I asked some people who were at the camp about his performance. They said, "The guy with the hot mom? He's a stud!"

...which in turn should result in the maturation of our fan base. Instead of acting like unpleasant impolite children folks can share their frustration without calling players names or using vulgar language.

No, it won't. Your fan base never gets older. Just like the average age of college football playesr doesn't go up. BTW, family members of players have been reading/posting on several of these forums since the beginning.

Agree with you, but isn't that sad? For supporters of the program to take personal shot at players and coaches instead of keeping the conversation at a high level? 99% of our fan base couldn't do what these kids do every day yet they try to perform character assassination every other game.

Pathetic. Internet cowards.

Advertisement
Thanks for the heads up. I have learned to be tolerant with the some of the posters. I've taken Brennan Carroll's advice..."Don't go on those boards unless you are thick skinned...they can be brutal".

One thing is -I've found the boards to be very informative. Especially after the Shapiro scandal hit. I learned a lot more about what had happened and what was BS. It also allows me to monitor what's going on down there from 1200 miles to the north. From time to time I've read nasty comment about my kid as well as others...it is what it is

My son loves being a Cane and is just fighting for a spot on the plane.

KR,

Great news. Welcome to the family. I am extremely happy to have Jake on the team and look forward to seeing him thrive at UM. Best of luck to your son. Throw us a bone from time to time here.

H

Agree with you, but isn't that sad? For supporters of the program to take personal shot at players and coaches instead of keeping the conversation at a high level? 99% of our fan base couldn't do what these kids do every day yet they try to perform character assassination every other game.

Pathetic. Internet cowards.

Yep. People who have never played a down in their life much less a sport love to bash kids at times. Like you said these people could never do even half of what these kids do just to get a schools to play at Miami. Pretty pathetic.

Advertisement
You might just as well warn family members that you better have thick skin if you are going to visit football forums. The world isn't going to change for family members. People express frustration here when things don't go the way they want them to go. I'm just saying family members have to be ready to hear that.

Pretty obvious. And pretty obvious that his dad already feels that way.

It's called maturity.

Welcome Mr. O'Donnell!

True story: When I first heard about Jake in the summer of 2011, I asked some people who were at the camp about his performance. They said, "The guy with the hot mom? He's a stud!"

Wow, is Krman68 gonna make an appearance in the "Out Kicked Your Coverage" thread in the West End Zone. :)

Krman68- as others have said, Welcome! As a representative on this site please allow me to express our gratitude as a fanbase that your son both commited to, and stuck to that commitment in the face of some intense uncertainty. He'll forever be a Cane in our world.

Advertisement
Back