Jake O'Donnell

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow, a thread where a dude wasnt suspended or injured.

I would say we have had very few suspensions, and a limited number of injuries for having just come out of UTough and a grueling fall camp. Look around the NCAA. We actually came out pretty ok, a few injuries notwithstanding. We are just going to feel ours more because of our lack of depth.

The report on him coming in was he had very good speed and athleticism for a DE but was very skinny. He's put on serious weight already so maybe he can contribute this year. I think he can end up being one of our better defensive players in this class.

Would be a blessing to be able to 'shirt him. Love his potential, but would definitely benefit from having a year to grow into his position.

Advertisement
I agree he needs to put on some lbs and will probably RS if everyone ahead of him stays healthy. He is deceptively fast for his size and has a great work ethic. He has the potential to a great one....just needs to spend a little time getting bigger and work on his technique

Advertisement
Advertisement
AR, yep. I got high hopes for him. Thanks much for the kind words.

I couldn't ask for a better son- on many levels. He is a great person.

I enjoy reading everyone posts both good and bad. If there is anything I can bring to the table as far as info goes I will. Honest info not trumped up Dad talk...

Go Canes!!

Heyas, Krman.

My Nephew is also on the team. So, we'll look forward to seeing you @ future events..I'll assume you've already got the info about the post game player greeting areas and whatnot. In either case, following the program since well before my nephew was born, there was an urge to share information or correct the alleged insiders. But it's best to just be a fan. I guess it would be different if it were my son though. I attended a few practices during camp and I'm still not sure if your son will get a RS...Coach Golden is pretty unpredictable and vague about player status. I can tell ya that your son gives the big men more fight than several other defensive lineman do. Great lookin boy you got there, Krman.

A few of us actually thought he looked like a prototype TE and I'm fairly certain Coach Carroll has an eyeball on him as well.

Awesome Cane! Which player is he?

Thanks for the kind words about my son. To address your comments, They brought him in as a DE but Fisch was eyeballing him back last year. He was a two way player in HS - DE / TE so he may very well end up on the offensive side of the ball. Had a few long TD runs after the catch his senior year. 80 & 60 yd plays in the first 2 games. To make a long story short, his HS team sucked and was young -they kept him in to block to save the QB.

We were there last year for the OSU home game and saw the players depart out of the stadium...is there a tailgate spot for parents? Post game meet up ? Let me know if you get a chance

Thanks

Advertisement
Back