Jake O'Donnell impressing at Chesapeake Bowl

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
The Rivals analyst at the Chesapeake Bowl practices (Mid-Atlantic All-Star game) singled out Jake O'Donnell as a top performer. They said he's built like a big receiver or tight end right now, but was beating tackles with speed and leverage.

Good to hear.

Advertisement
Thats good to know but it means he needs to put on some weight... No DE should be looking like a big wide out...

Jason Taylor looks like a big wideout. John Square did. Jarvis Moss did. All those guys were productive at some point in their careers.

Add on the fact that the kid looks like he has the frame to add weight, and I like the take. Especially if he's already playing with leverage.

Advertisement
I told y'all that this kid had that douchebag look. It means he don't give a **** and he's gonna wreck people and then go wear a dragon shirt, now I facking hate dragon shirts but I can live with it. Gotta have some of them eastern douchebag's on your team.

I'll call it now. This is going to be THE kid that we hear about lighting it up on the scout team next fall. :)

Seriosly though, the kid is talented but at 6'-6" & 235 lbs, he's got some filling out to do before he sniffs any real playing time.

Advertisement
the real test is how he would have done in an All-star game with SEC caliber players. The crab cake bowl is not a good gauge. Sorry.

Players for those games are chosen a year+ in advance.

The Cheasapeake Game is a regional All-Star game with players from PA, NJ, Delaware, Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Those are some good football states. Its not like he's playing in Wyoming or North Dakota.

DC puts more people in the NFL than any city but Miami.

New Jersey is a strong football state (see the 2001 Canes), and the Tidewater area of Virginia is bananas.

In an interview with O'Donnell at this bowl game, he mentioned that he just hired a trainer to start working with him before college and wants to put on 20 pounds before he steps on campus. Sounds like he really didn't have any type of a lifting coach at his school or strength program....which isn't really surprising. I didn't have any in my HS in PA either. We had a dirty room with some old out-dates weight and a combo cable gym in the center. It was amateur hour at best.

Advertisement
I told y'all that this kid had that douchebag look. It means he don't give a **** and he's gonna wreck people and then go wear a dragon shirt, now I facking hate dragon shirts but I can live with it. Gotta have some of them eastern douchebag's on your team.

Add Vin Ascolese to that D-Bag list and we have some serious guidos who will pop needles in their asses the way J. Wow pops ****s in her mouth. I love it.

Kid is 6'6"............not worried about him being skiiny. Will put on major weight.

Just glad we arent recruiting 6 foot DE's anymore

Advertisement
Like someone said here, let him 'shirt, because he has the very real potential to ball here.

Advertisement
Back