Jake O'Donnell impressing at Chesapeake Bowl

The undersized defensive end is surprisingly physical for a player with the current build of a big wide receiver or a solid tight end. He was a constant presence in the backfield mainly because he's quick off the snap and he goes full speed with good leverage. O'Donnell showed the ability to consistently get by his blocker and was able to get to the quarterback many times in backside pursuit. If he didn't get to the quarterback, O'Donnell had the presence of mind to put his hands up and tipped the pass on a few plays. He needs to add bulk, but the effort and energy as well as quickness is all there.

Aside from the size, leverage, and quickness, the fact that he's noticed for going full speed and being relentless is the most encouraging thing I've read on him. I don't think you can ever underestimate the "effort" factor in a player assuming they have some level of talent.

Advertisement
The undersized defensive end is surprisingly physical for a player with the current build of a big wide receiver or a solid tight end. He was a constant presence in the backfield mainly because he's quick off the snap and he goes full speed with good leverage. O'Donnell showed the ability to consistently get by his blocker and was able to get to the quarterback many times in backside pursuit. If he didn't get to the quarterback, O'Donnell had the presence of mind to put his hands up and tipped the pass on a few plays. He needs to add bulk, but the effort and energy as well as quickness is all there.

Aside from the size, leverage, and quickness, the fact that he's noticed for going full speed and being relentless is the most encouraging thing I've read on him. I don't think you can ever underestimate the "effort" factor in a player assuming they have some level of talent.

glad to have some motors on the DL- we haven't had many of those guys recently. Talented and lazy was mantra of our DL under corch

glad to have some motors on the DL- we haven't had many of those guys recently. Talented and lazy was mantra of our DL under corch

I don't think you will see many guys recruited by Golden that don't have good motors. He recruits kids that love football. I think that is something that is often overlooked by fans, scouting services, etc.

Advertisement
I want to fist pump with Jake O'Donnell and Vinnie A.

20.gif

DMV Metro area does have some sick talent. Some of that talent will be on display at the national all-star games as well.

Advertisement
Back