Jake Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can say Garcia is 100% not coming. It changes weekly. Kid coming to Georgia to play ball was never a thing just 2 weeks ago. Kid will be closer and able to visit campus again if he would like. Make another sales pitch to the young man... anything is possible.

Advertisement
No one can say Garcia is 100% not coming. It changes weekly. Kid coming to Georgia to play ball was never a thing just 2 weeks ago. Kid will be closer and able to visit campus again if he would like. Make another sales pitch to the young man... anything is possible.

Great if he re-commits, not heartbroken if he doesn't. We'll see what the AAC ends up doing. If they don't play, I'd rather have Stone. Maybe Sam Huard, JJ McCarthy, or Kyle McCord don't like their conferences canceling football.

Right. The kid (IMO) already told everyone he's coming. If he went to Georgia to play because HS football in Cali is shutdown, he would definitely come to Miami to play college ball if PAC 12 shuts down.

The kid is taking matters into his own hands.

Right. The kid (IMO) already told everyone he's coming. If he went to Georgia to play because HS football in Cali is shutdown, he would definitely come to Miami to play college ball if PAC 12 shuts down.

The kid is taking matters into his own hands.
I don't think he has made a decision yet, but the experience away from home in Georgia can only help our chances. It's a taste of life outside Cali for the kid and if/when he visits Miami again in the coming months, I think he will appreciate Coral Gables even more. I think he gives us another solid look with a 50/50 chance of flipping him to us. Again, no insider info on this one, just applying some logic and gut feeling.

Advertisement
I don't think he has made a decision yet, but the experience away from home in Georgia can only help our chances. It's a taste of life outside Cali for the kid and if/when he visits Miami again in the coming months, I think he will appreciate Coral Gables even more. I think he gives us another solid look with a 50/50 chance of flipping him to us. Again, no insider info on this one, just applying some logic and gut feeling.
I agree. Kid has already been at three Cali HS and now Georgia. With Cali football being so up in the air and his willingness to strike out on his own, I think we're solid. Why take a chance with your career by going to USC?

Greg Biggins On 10 guys out west he has on flip watch.

2379BD8C-BC50-4A9F-AFE7-09EC4B407ECB.png

Advertisement
I disagree. California QBs are usually pretty **** good. I'd bet most QBs are multi sport athletes now... Likely baseball and football.
CA was the # 1 state for NFL QBs for several yrs, but now TX just overtook them for the #1 spot last yr. You are right; get your QBs from TX, CA or GA (those are the top 3 states now for NFL QBs)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back