Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

Advertisement
His CA HS transfer was because all the coaches he went to play for were fired/left. Problem with that, anyone? There has been a very logical reason for each transfer. Two of his transfers CA-GA and GA-GA were so he could continue to play football. It was out of his control. If he hadn't left he would have had to miss a year of competition. Problem with that, anyone? Covid-19 really messed with his HS career. Not his fault, at all. This kid would crawl through glass to compete. He practically did.

His family moved to Coral Gables and bought a house. His father was quoted recently saying that TVD starting this year will not impact Jake and he will not be transferring. That he wants to compete. That he loves Miami.

Nebraska, lol. Don't care where his dad went. They are living that good SFL life now.
I think he'd be crazy to leave, as previously stated.

I do get the people who say it's his M.O. to bounce around, as he is from Whitter (San Gabriel Valley), played at La Habra (Orange County), Narbonne (Harbor City), Valdosta, and Grayson (Loganville, GA). That is, indeed, a lot of moving around.

Anyone who can’t sit for 1 year behind a future NFL pick and be ready to play as a sophomore has serious maturity issues which will likely impact that person’s ability to be successful with anything in life.
Success requires hard work and often patience until an opportunity becomes available.
He's in an ideal situation from an individual development (Xs and OS and physical) and team success standpoint, he'd be a FOOL to leave.

Advertisement
All this pearl clutching about a school, maybe, contacting a player that isn't on the portal is kind of funny to me, this is business.

Make sure we get a top QB in 2022 and recruit TVD to come back for 2023. If Mario is the guy this board expect and TVD continues to grow it is doable

It was a throw-away sentence. They were talking if Pitt has any staying power at the top of the ACC or if it was a one year thing then they say Whipple "sounds like" he might be going to Nebraska, when was this recorded? He was announced to Nebraska a day ago...

Then he just throws in, One rumor with whipple is they (Nebraska) might take Garcia, Jake's dad played for nebraska. That is the connection. Then they move on.

Surely he's smarter than that, right? He's next in line to a QB that's probably going to leave after next year if he duplicates this season's results - so only 1 more year sitting behind him - AND Frost just signed his buyout agreement by hiring Whipple.
They’re probably trying to say you can be the next Kenny Pickett. I don’t see Nebraska having many weapons on offense and as you pointed out stay put, bide your time, keep learning and take over when it’s your turn.

Advertisement
Who cares?

Have yall seen the Portal?

There’s gonna be great QB’s in the Portal every single year...

Bailey Zappe who was unrated 0-star QB coming out of HS, just came from a FCS program & lead the Nation in passing yards & TD’s. You can take a FCS kid & pair him with an Air Raid coordinator & manufacture productivity.

The QB market will always be bountiful because of the Portal, as long as you have a viable OC/QB evaluator you can pretty much replace any QB you lose.
I feel like I have seen enough under recruited guys from Texas with good accuracy and a quick release that can plug into a spread to stop worrying about it. Just have to incorporate scouting for them into your model.

Have a hard time believing Frost is going to put his job on line for a kid that has barely played. Nebraska needs a experienced QB. I could see Jake transferring after spring though, once the QB landscape gets settled.

1639086926142.png

Advertisement
Nebraska just hired Pitts OC Mark Whipple yesterday. Maybe someone reached out to Garcia's family. However, for Nebraska to be talking to Garcia and he's not in the portal I think would be an NCAA violation. So, I doubt that he's had any direct contact with them.

This is just a rumor, I wanted to put it out there. Flo was saying the same thing earlier too.

Advertisement
Well, we have the blue thumbs up emoji for ”Like.” Perhaps we can use the yellow thumbs up and down for “Agree” and “Disagree” and use the red “X” for “STFU!”

Yeah I asked Andrew about this. The emojis are a packaged software so we cannot edit or add any. I find several of them to be visually off. The question marks for "dumb" is not good. It should be something a short bus or a guy drooling. lol

This is just a rumor, I wanted to put it out there. Flo was saying the same thing earlier too.

Then change the motherfvcking Subject Line. "Name to Location" is a common way of expressing that someone IS going somewhere, or is about to, or wants to, regardless of whether you stick in the word "Rumor".

Say that Nebraska is interested in him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Advertisement
Back