Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

If he is transferring because of what Mario said about TVD, then that's some weak sauce.

He is the exact opposite of the culture Mario is trying to build. Mario wants competition, which makes us better. If Jake doesn't want to compete, then bye (and that's coming from somebody who was in the Jake > TVD camp).

Advertisement
Maybe he's just trying to leverage this to get a bigger NIL contract 😂😂😂

Advertisement
You have not followed Gracias career. He has a lot of talent, but he doesn’t unpack his bags. Can’t have your QBs/team leaders not all the way in.

I like Garcia a lot, but I’ve been a TVD guy from jumpstreet (even before he exploded this season) and Garcia’s penchant for leaving was one reason why (but I also thought / think TVD had better tools)
That is pretty overblown when you look at his transfers. His last three schools were his CA HS, he then transfers to HS in GA since CA did not have a season due to covid. He was then ruled ineligible and transferred to another HS in GA where he won a ring. Let’s not do this until we see him transfer.

Advertisement
download (14).jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he is transferring because of what Mario said about TVD, then that's some weak sauce.

He is the exact opposite of the culture Mario is trying to build. Mario wants competition, which makes us better. If Jake doesn't want to compete, then bye (and that's coming from somebody who was in the Jake > TVD camp).
Seriously. While I am all for competition when a transfer is involved, when your starting QB is coming back and did things we haven't seen done here, ever, it's his job. You fight for #2 and know your are next man up. There isn't a thing wrong with being #2 to a future first round draft pick. On the contrary, you get to sit and learn behind one of the best in the country.

If he transfers it could be because he knows that he won't look as good as TVD when his time comes and doesn't want those comparisons. Not saying he's that kind of guy, but some are.

Advertisement
Back