Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

Advertisement
God forbid, but he's literally only one play away. The portal/site-rule-change has been good to us - but I'm not sure how much I like the way it's changing everything.

Advertisement
Surely he's smarter than that, right? He's next in line to a QB that's probably going to leave after next year if he duplicates this season's results - so only 1 more year sitting behind him - AND Frost just signed his buyout agreement by hiring Whipple.

Advertisement
I highly doubt Jake leaves Miami. TVD stepped up in a major way this year. He proved himself to be the goods and most definitely deserves to be the starter going into next year. But in my opinion Jake is as good... *** what am I saying, I honestly think the kid is better than TVD, slightly. Jake is one or two years younger and in the spring game he made more plays and looked to have more swag on the field. The young WRs love Jakes moxy his personality is infectious. To leave UM with all the investment coming his way would be shortsighted. Mario is going to preach Iron sharpens Iron and tip of the spear type ish. I'd bet TVD, Jake and Jacurri all buy into that narrative.

Which do you think is the bigger story, that Garcia might transfer or that a school is recruiting illegally?
I think that 1) he is likely getting this info from someone close to Garcia (family, friend, etc) and 2) he has no proof that anyone from Nebraska contacted him (and they may not have officially - it could be a player on Nebraska that knows him, etc).

I also don't think it would be that big of a story b/c I believe it is pretty common. If he tried to dig or find out more to get Nebraska in trouble, he is less likely to get info from his sources and Nebraska would probably get a slap on the wrist at best.

Advertisement
I can see why he might think about transferring. But, Nebraska??? To play for a head coach whose seat is already on fire?

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense.

Advertisement
Man y’all crazy if you don’t think Garcia is at least looking at other options. Look at the lengths that his family went through to avoid missing a year of high school football. He‘s the kind of kid that wants badly to be on the field. This is just the nature of college football these days. It’s up to the coaches to figure things out and try to find viable alternatives when a kid hits the portal.

Advertisement
Back