Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

Remember when we heard about Stevenson before he was in the portal....
Yea i don't know why everyone is all upset and crying tampering. This is how this is now. Our coaches aren't angels not doing the same. Also, everything this kid did in high school was to play more, so i can see how he would be the impatient type to not want to wait even a year. It would suck cause if TVD is as great next year as he looks now, he could play soon. But it is what it is....you can't pass up the rich QB tradition of......nebraska lol

Advertisement
Nebraska sucks. He’s a warm weather kid
Scott Frost is on the hot seat
Brand new OC in Whipple

If he wants to transfer somewhere to get burn… fine I get it. No one can sit a year anymore

But there are 30 more reasonable places for Garcia to transfer to than Nebraska

Manny Navarro is on my **** list

Yup, that old geezer has been looking for an opportunity to stick it to Miami.

LOL, please. He's trying to find someone to help him win. Who knows if he reached out, if Frost or someone else did, if Garcia or his dad did, etc. But if you think Mark Whipple resigned from Pitt to go to Nebraska and his motive was to stick it to Miami....LOL.

Whipple just sent Pickett to NYC to be a finalist for a Heisman trophy. Nobody should be surprised if QBs have interest in working with him.

Jake was neck and neck with TVD before his injury. If he doesn't believe Mario will give him a chance to compete regardless of how well TVD did, he just might split.
Was he though? Those spring reps he would've found himself sacked. He needed the time to develop. If we get a good QB coach, he could start 2023 and be the next TVD.

Or he could go to Nebraska, start next year and be the next Adrian Martinez.

Advertisement
I highly doubt Jake leaves Miami. TVD stepped up in a major way this year. He proved himself to be the goods and most definitely deserves to be the starter going into next year. But in my opinion Jake is as good... *** what am I saying, I honestly think the kid is better than TVD, slightly. Jake is one or two years younger and in the spring game he made more plays and looked to have more swag on the field. The young WRs love Jakes moxy his personality is infectious. To leave UM with all the investment coming his way would be shortsighted. Mario is going to preach Iron sharpens Iron and tip of the spear type ish. I'd bet TVD, Jake and Jacurri all buy into that narrative.
You have not followed Gracias career. He has a lot of talent, but he doesn’t unpack his bags. Can’t have your QBs/team leaders not all the way in.

I like Garcia a lot, but I’ve been a TVD guy from jumpstreet (even before he exploded this season) and Garcia’s penchant for leaving was one reason why (but I also thought / think TVD had better tools)

Whipple just sent Pickett to NYC to be a finalist for a Heisman trophy. Nobody should be surprised if QBs have interest in working with him.
Whipple made Kenny Pickett just like Charlie Weis made Tom Brady.

Come on, this is Kenny Pickett we’re talking about here. He was going to NYC even if he didn’t have an offensive coordinator.

Was he though? Those spring reps he would've found himself sacked. He needed the time to develop. If we get a good QB coach, he could start 2023 and be the next TVD.

Or he could go to Nebraska, start next year and be the next Adrian Martinez.
There’s no way they were neck n neck. The spring game told me that they weren’t with how TVD doesn’t play the second half while Jake did. Not to mention the sacks he should’ve been called for in that game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bruh didn’t Frost agree to a salary REDUCTION just so they wouldn’t fire him?

Always just one play away Jake; one season at the most.

Advertisement
Jake was neck and neck with TVD before his injury. If he doesn't believe Mario will give him a chance to compete regardless of how well TVD did, he just might split.

My gut says Cristobal would give him a chance to compete.
Pretty sure that Cristobal did also say, however, that TVD was the best QB in the country.
That may have been puffery, trying to promote some goodwill, or trying to be TVDs friend (oh wait scratch this last one because if the coach is your friend the team won't respect you and play hard for you .... lol)
Another factor is when he would play. I believe the QB Martinez entered the portal recently, What I don't know offhand is if Garcia would have to sit out a year before playing if he transfers.

Advertisement
Back