Jake Garcia Parents Legally Separated So He Could Play in GA

I'm not qualified to evaluate talent. However, I've watched all the film out there and read all the comments from people in the field and I believe he's a once in a generation arm talent who keeps on getting better (no, he doesn't have a testaverde cannon). The so called drama is pretty much due to circumstances. If he comes, he would have no problem beating out TVD.
That's high praise for someone that many feel isn't even the best in his class.

Advertisement
You know this is not going to happen. Particularly this far out. Even if there is anything about UM being in play, one thing we should realize from the Marshall incident is that there's probably some adult around that will let it leak out, inadvertently or intentionally. They can't help themselves, it's as much about them as it is about the kid.

If we're serious about a QB this year, I feel we should move on. There's too much drama associated with this. Besides we won't find out until late in the cycle. We should be tired of being left at the altar.
No, I don't know what's going to happen and Marshall's situation has nothing to do with Garcia. Ultimately, Lashlee's judgement is what we have to trust

No, I don't know what's going to happen and Marshall's situation has nothing to do with Garcia. Ultimately, Lashlee's judgement is what we have to trust
If you wait long enough, something leaks. Always.

It's about the adults surrounding these kids. They too often follow a common pattern.

Advertisement
Yes it is. The feedback given from the LA and GA QB camps, where he was the MVP was phenomenal. A recent article had a scout pressed to pick between Moss and Garcia, didn't hesitate to pick Garcia.
That's still not generational. That would include Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, not to mention Vandagriff. I think we used those superlatives a little too loosely.

It seems like ESPN is doing some kind of feature on Garcia. They've had cameras following him on game day, etc. There was a mention of a "feature" on one of the Georgia HS boards. That's the problem - too much publicity

That's still not generational. That would include Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, not to mention Vandagriff. I think we used those superlatives a little too loosely.
Here's what those that follow him are saying. "Great accuracy and touch on his passes, can place the ball in to his receivers at any level", "Leads receivers away from defenders for extra yardage", "Pure stroke, effortless delivery", "Quick release from all arm angels", Solid athletic ability to be able to escape and make throws on the run."

Here's what those that follow him are saying. "Great accuracy and touch on his passes, can place the ball in to his receivers at any level", "Leads receivers away from defenders for extra yardage", "Pure stroke, effortless delivery", "Quick release from all arm angels", Solid athletic ability to be able to escape and make throws on the run."
I'm not doubting at all his talent. But guys come out every year with great talent. Generational is like Peyton Manning, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, once a generation types.

Advertisement
So, he's a generational talent based on "those that follow him?" The same folks impressed by his arm angels? In Georgia, alone, he's nowhere close to the talent-level of Trevor Lawrence or Deshaun Watson. Will let those with more knowledge weigh in, but not buying the hype.

As long as the parents are legally separated they should be good to go. I dont know if they mentioned this publicly or a rival leaked it. Id go with the latter.

Guarantee you opposing coaches are telling them he'll never play for Lashlee if he comes to UM

So, he's a generational talent based on "those that follow him?" The same folks impressed by his arm angels? In Georgia, alone, he's nowhere close to the talent-level of Trevor Lawrence or Deshaun Watson. Will let those with more knowledge weigh in, but not buying the hype.
The scouts, recruiters, coaches that have offered an opinion.

He's a senior in high school, not a senior in college, nor an NFL QB.

Advertisement
This seems like an ugly mess. From what i've read, seems like this transfer really ruffled a lot of people. Especially since del Rio's transfer was denied. And more than a few people have it out for Rush Propst. I wonder if Garcia will actually play for Valdosta again.

The requirement is that the "entire" family unit moves.

If the parents were "married", then both mom & dad have to move.

If the parents are "legally separated" or "divorced", you just need one parent.

I'm not sure that there is any real grounds for Georgia to rule that this is illegal. The rule does not speak to "intent". We all know what happened, and Georgia had all the paperwork in advance to support the original ruling of "eligible".

What, now Georgia is clutching its pearls and acting offended that they approved the application that involved an obvious quickie-divorce?
I dont see the issue here. The Garcia's seemed to have followed the rules so their son could play.

The requirement is that the "entire" family unit moves.

If the parents were "married", then both mom & dad have to move.

If the parents are "legally separated" or "divorced", you just need one parent.

I'm not sure that there is any real grounds for Georgia to rule that this is illegal. The rule does not speak to "intent". We all know what happened, and Georgia had all the paperwork in advance to support the original ruling of "eligible".

What, now Georgia is clutching its pearls and acting offended that they approved the application that involved an obvious quickie-divorce?
Spirit of the law argument. And not sure Georgia is a pro fake separation type place. Just a guess.

Advertisement
There is a reason USC was recruiting several other QBs behind Garcia. Not just one, but two more verbal commits accepted by that staff. Where there's smoke...

If he attends USC, he won't be there long. JMO
did that kid from Arizona commit? Jaxson Dart?

Advertisement
Back