Jake Garcia Parents Legally Separated So He Could Play in GA

If he was committed to an SEC school especially UGA none of this would happen.
If he never was considering us this wouldn’t be happening.

Man that's for **** sure. If this kid was committed to UGA or Alabama everything would get swept under the rug

Advertisement
they did nothing wrong. they worked the system within the current rules. local schools are raising all **** so GHSA must say this and do a BS report to calm the outrage. the GHSA will finalize a report and say they are making changes for the next year.

....but yeah, they should have kept their mouths shut.

they did nothing wrong. they worked the system within the current rules. local schools are raising all **** so GHSA must say this and do a BS report to calm the outrage. the GHSA will finalize a report and say they are making changes for the next year.

Looking at it from another angle it could be that they were just being proactive knowing that an investigation was about to come down on him.
Could you imagine how upset some people must be. A California dude not committed to an SEC school doing SEC type of dirty SHT in SEC country while not even being committed or considering an SEC school.

It’s almost like setting up shop on someone else’s block. Could you imagine if Garcia commits and gets one or two kids from that school district to come down for the 21 or 22 class?

UGA boosters would be on fire.

Last edited:
That’s funny. Article says Georgia insists on bone fide moves. The parents are literally saying it isn’t. No worries. I love our country. Seriously.

Advertisement
UGA already has 5-star Brock Vandagriff committed for the 21 class, they're not even interested in Garica.

If he flips from USC, Ole Miss is the top spot & best option. Idk why people keep mentioning Tennessee, Tenn already has 4-star Kaidon Salter committed & they're not taking 2 QB's.

Every school in the SEC already has their QB committed for the 21 class except Ole Miss, ultimately I believe Garcia will stick with USC but if he did flip Kiffin & Jeff Lebby are in prime position to get him.
I’m being cynical...but with enough of a push I’m sure they could get Garcia too. I remember one time a little over a decade ago when USC has something like NINE five star running backs on their roster. SI did a feature on them. They couldn’t all expect to see significant playing time, yet they all committed.

yes..... I've seen some chatter that Colquitt folks pushed this with GHSA..... Valdosta plays Colquitt this Friday...

Yeah for sure.

Schools in Texas recruit kids from Samoa. They would for sure take a 4* quarterback from California. Would probably get better coaching too.

Could he get better coaching, sure it's a possibility. Maybe though you should look up Rush Probst, arguably one of the best high school coaches (overall) ever.

Rivals has an interview with his father this morning. Last week they spoke to Propst about Garcia's recruitment. Both pretty much said the same thing.

It’s no secret that Miami Hurricanes recruits and even the fanbase are pushing hard for Valdosta (Ga.) High School 4-star QB
to switch up his USC commitment.

So much so that Garcia’s father, Randy, told CaneSport that “Miami fans have been the ones that have shown the most love and have been great. They don’t go unnoticed.”

At the same time, Garcia does remain a USC commitment. Florida State and Tennessee are other programs pushing, per dad.

“Nobody is out of the picture, but as it stands he’s going to SC,” dad said, adding that “There’s always an opening. That’s only because Jake is committed to coaches, he’s not committed to the school. If he’s committed to a school then the school’s not going anywhere, the brick and mortar isn’t going anywhere. Then there wouldn’t be a chance (for a different program). He’s committed to coaches, to offenses, to opportunity. He's been committed to SC for about a year now. That doesn’t mean he’s shutting everybody else out. He’s got to keep his options open because you never know what will happen.”

Dad also said that if UM continues its strong offensive showing that can help the Canes. But at the same time he doesn’t see the commitment changing if USC head coach Clay Helton and coordinator/QB coach Graham Harrell are back next year.

“There’s a lot of rumors that Graham Harrell might be gone to the NFL or wherever,” Randy said. “I don’t know if people are telling me that just to tell me.

“Jake is not afraid of competition, he really likes it,” Randy said. “That’s another reason we’re here (in Valdosta). But of course look look at the personnel, depth chart, you don’t want to go into a program blind. He’s not committed to the brick and mortar school, he’s committed to coaches and opportunity. And Kedon (Slovis, USC’s starting sophomore QB), is he going to be gone in two years (to the NFL)? He’s had some injuries last year and the backup got to play quite a bit.”
Dad points out that while Garcia might face some stiff competition to start at USC over the next two-plus years that “Miami has Tyler Van Dyke, who we haven’t seen much. They have a few QBs there, N’Kosi Perry.”

Rhett Lashlee is talking periodically with dad and Jake, keeping them updated on the happenings at UM. And Randy says “I’d be comfortable if Jake picked Miami as long as he’s happy. D’Eriq King is a different breed of quarterback, but coach Lashlee is known for adapting to his talent. I would trust him to make that happen if Jake were there.”

“It’s a very high chance he winds up at SC (barring a coaching change),” dad said. “If there’s no change at SC he’ll probably wind up there.”

Advertisement
I just get a bad vibe about this whole thing. Lashlee clearly knows what he's doing as OC. But that doesn't mean he's the greatest recruiter in the world. And this dad sounds even more controlling than Marve's, Olsen's and WIlliams' fathers. We've been down this road before. This is an unhealthy Brittany Spears level of parental management. And the kids end up being damaged goods.

That’s funny. Article says Georgia insists on bone fide moves. The parents are literally saying it isn’t. No worries. I love our country. Seriously.

The requirement is that the "entire" family unit moves.

If the parents were "married", then both mom & dad have to move.

If the parents are "legally separated" or "divorced", you just need one parent.

I'm not sure that there is any real grounds for Georgia to rule that this is illegal. The rule does not speak to "intent". We all know what happened, and Georgia had all the paperwork in advance to support the original ruling of "eligible".

What, now Georgia is clutching its pearls and acting offended that they approved the application that involved an obvious quickie-divorce?

Will be curious to see what the Georgia high school group does. It's a good ol' boys club, for sure, and can't imagine the Valdosta coach has made many friends. Also, Garcia's father should have been smarter and not publicly spoken about how they got around the transfer rule.

As stated above, not sold on the kid and family as a good fit. Would bring a ton of drama and likely to bolt at the first sign of adversity.

So, to those on the board that evaluate talent, would he be worth the drama and diva status? And shouldn't we target a dual threat QB?

GHSA recently ruled 4 star recruit and UF commit Carols Del Rio ineligible because his adopted brother didn’t move with them. He never lived with them. He transferred to Grayson. So I could definitely see Garcia being ruled ineligible

Advertisement
Why the **** did they do that? Just move to Texas or Florida and play right away. Or send him to IMG or some ****.

Just a weird situation.

because the college with the "in" on him for the flip.."referred" them there...hence me saying not sure why we are always brought up with him..were probably running 3rd or 4th right now

This kid is headed to Ole Miss or Tennessee if he doesn't stick with USC. Why are we still talking about him. Even if he's considering us I rather us focus on flipping Dematrius Davis.
No, he's not. It's either us or USC. It's all hush hush and on the downlow. If only his dad would keep his mouth shut.

Right. Why do people feel they have to talk to the press. I see a camera and I head the other way.

Advertisement
Will be curious to see what the Georgia high school group does. It's a good ol' boys club, for sure, and can't imagine the Valdosta coach has made many friends. Also, Garcia's father should have been smarter and not publicly spoken about how they got around the transfer rule.

As stated above, not sold on the kid and family as a good fit. Would bring a ton of drama and likely to bolt at the first sign of adversity.

So, to those on the board that evaluate talent, would he be worth the drama and diva status? And shouldn't we target a dual threat QB?
I'm not qualified to evaluate talent. However, I've watched all the film out there and read all the comments from people in the field and I believe he's a once in a generation arm talent who keeps on getting better (no, he doesn't have a testaverde cannon). The so called drama is pretty much due to circumstances. If he comes, he would have no problem beating out TVD.

No, he's not. It's either us or USC. It's all hush hush and on the downlow. If only his dad would keep his mouth shut.
You know this is not going to happen. Particularly this far out. Even if there is anything about UM being in play, one thing we should realize from the Marshall incident is that there's probably some adult around that will let it leak out, inadvertently or intentionally. They can't help themselves, it's as much about them as it is about the kid.

If we're serious about a QB this year, I feel we should move on. There's too much drama associated with this. Besides we won't find out until late in the cycle. We should be tired of being left at the altar.

because the college with the "in" on him for the flip.."referred" them there...hence me saying not sure why we are always brought up with him..were probably running 3rd or 4th right now

Yeah that sounds about right.

But god****....kid wants to go to Georgia so bad he let his parents separate to make it happen?

I mean I’ve heard some crazy recruiting stories before but this one is up there.

God****, son.

Advertisement
Back