Jake Garcia gets a visit from Lashlee

Advertisement
USC 247:

Miami Vice

It's no secret that the #GarciaToTheU movement on Twitter has picked up significant steam this week. There was a report that popped up on the interwebs this week that a flip from USC to Miami might be imminent for the La Habra (Calif.) quarterback Jake Garcia. If you missed it, check out the seven or so threads about it on The Peristyle. (Yes, that was sarcasm.)

A source close to the Garcia camp countered the imminent report that "nothing soon" is happening. At the moment, we are told Garcia is solid with USC, but this source cautioned that Garcia is "keeping all his options open.” USC continues to recruit Garcia and still wants him to be a part of their 2021 class, so nothing has changed there.

Additionally we can confirm that USC has been in communication with Oklahoma State quarterback and Transfer Portal inhabitant Brendan Costello. There are conversations going on, but the source noted that offensive tackle is still higher on the list for USC when it comes to transfers.

USC 247:

Miami Vice

It's no secret that the #GarciaToTheU movement on Twitter has picked up significant steam this week. There was a report that popped up on the interwebs this week that a flip from USC to Miami might be imminent for the La Habra (Calif.) quarterback Jake Garcia. If you missed it, check out the seven or so threads about it on The Peristyle. (Yes, that was sarcasm.)

A source close to the Garcia camp countered the imminent report that "nothing soon" is happening. At the moment, we are told Garcia is solid with USC, but this source cautioned that Garcia is "keeping all his options open.” USC continues to recruit Garcia and still wants him to be a part of their 2021 class, so nothing has changed there.

Additionally we can confirm that USC has been in communication with Oklahoma State quarterback and Transfer Portal inhabitant Brendan Costello. There are conversations going on, but the source noted that offensive tackle is still higher on the list for USC when it comes to transfers.
Is that from one of their writers? “Miami Vice.” Ha! They are ****ed. Don’t blame them but Garcia and his family are in the right.

Come here and not be a part of the class, be the LEADER of the class. We aren’t bringing in a player to compete with you. We are bringing you an ****nal of weapons that want and need you as their field general.

The way this is trending....he may pop before Kinchens.

USC 247:

Miami Vice

The way this was presented speaks a lot between the lines , my take is Jake knows the value in him with USC has changed no matter what USC says to him . So Jake and USC are keeping options open if Jake stays he knows pine time will go on for years and maybe play (1) year or portal this a career killer with one to play and hope your elite to go to NFL HUGE gamble he doesn't want.

With Miami the keys to the F22 Raptor fighter jet with your name on the side is waiting for him , with Miami not pressuring other QB's to commit speaks VOLUMES to Jake and he knows it.

One more thing IF USC make any confirmed attempt for another QB or conversations increase Jake is ALL OURS.

USC still recruiting QB's

Miami in holding pattern for QB , Jake also knows this is not forever Miami only wants Jake and it shows.

Second team QB for Jake at USC for 2-3 years NOT........

Jake and Miami the perfect fit

Make sense ?

GOCANES

Advertisement
The way this was presented speaks a lot between the lines , my take is Jake knows the value in him with USC has changed no matter what USC says to him . So Jake and USC are keeping options open if Jake stays he knows pine time will go on for years and maybe play (1) year or portal this a career killer with one to play and hope your elite to go to NFL HUGE gamble he doesn't want.

With Miami the keys to the F22 Raptor fighter jet with your name on the side is waiting for him , with Miami not pressuring other QB's to commit speaks VOLUMES to Jake and he knows it.

One more thing IF USC make any confirmed attempt for another QB or conversations increase Jake is ALL OURS.

USC still recruiting QB's

Miami in holding pattern for QB , Jake also knows this is not forever Miami only wants Jake and it shows.

Second team QB for Jake at USC for 2-3 years NOT........

Jake and Miami the perfect fit

Make sense ?

GOCANES
Miami doesn’t only want Jake. Lashlee is still going after milroe too it’s just that it might be more likely to flip garcia

Miami doesn’t only want Jake. Lashlee is still going after milroe too it’s just that it might be more likely to flip garcia
Good point , one player isn't above the team , Jake knows this in being a not forever wait for flip , I would expect soon for Lashlee to put bring reality to Jake that we need flip commit real soon or as painful as it would be to leave you behind we must move on we've got to stay on point for ACCC run.

See you in the portal moving forward.

One other part of the Garcia story: he is considering going OOS to play his last season of football IF it looks like there will not be HS football in California. He has family and connections all over the country including Arizona and FLORIDA. If he chooses to stay closer to home AZ might be the choice but maybe we shouldn’t totally dismiss the comments he made on Brinson’s live Instagram about Miami Northestern. You can never count anything out in recruiting .......

Advertisement
Also just wondering who is Northwestern's current QB? Is he a prospect at all, and if so what class? Garcia coming to play at NW would be really cool, but it's obviously a long shot.

Also just wondering who is Northwestern's current QB? Is he a prospect at all, and if so what class? Garcia coming to play at NW would be really cool, but it's obviously a long shot.

Tyger ****ens, Class of ‘23. I can’t see Garcia displacing him (even if he’s a better prospect) given that Tyger is already proven and a leader of the team.

Here are some of his clips from the state title game:

Tyger ****ens, Class of ‘23. I can’t see Garcia displacing him (even if he’s a better prospect) given that Tyger is already proven and a leader of the team.

Cool name. That's interesting though that you don't think Garcia would overtake him. If I were that head coach I would try to work the younger kid in for different packages while also getting him some experience at other places on the field since he still has 2 years left to play. But I'm not a football coach and these South Florida kids transfer if the wind changes the wrong direction so I get why NW wouldn't want to mess up a good thing.

You have to think if Garcia transfers to a school in FL that IMG would probably be the landing spot. I'm sure they are stocked at QB too but they are obviously set up to take oos transfer better than other schools.

Cool name. That's interesting though that you don't think Garcia would overtake him. If I were that head coach I would try to work the younger kid in for different packages while also getting him some experience at other places on the field since he still has 2 years left to play. But I'm not a football coach and these South Florida kids transfer if the wind changes the wrong direction so I get why NW wouldn't want to mess up a good thing.

You have to think if Garcia transfers to a school in FL that IMG would probably be the landing spot. I'm sure they are stocked at QB too but they are obviously set up to take oos transfer better than other schools.
Hope not. IMG is a horrible system for QBs. I rather him go to Arizona and get actual reps than IMG.

MNW would be cool as heck tho.

Advertisement

IMG has JJ McCarthy 5 star and #2 ranked pro QB and committed to Michigan

There’s no way in **** that USC took a commitment from Moss without knowing what was gonna happen. Has that ever happened before? 2 five star qb’s form the same area committed to the same team?
The only way I see it work is if each one knows that they will get a transfer with immediate playing time approved. If not whoever gets beat out will sit for 3 years if they stay or transfer and sit one out. The transfer request would have to be filed as soon as the guy finds out he is t the starter.

There’s no way in **** that USC took a commitment from Moss without knowing what was gonna happen. Has that ever happened before? 2 five star qb’s form the same area committed to the same team?
The only way I see it work is if each one knows that they will get a transfer with immediate playing time approved. If not whoever gets beat out will sit for 3 years if they stay or transfer and sit one out. The transfer request would have to be filed as soon as the guy finds out he is t the starter.
Well they arent exactly five stars. But last year Texas did it. Two top 100 (might of been top 50) QBs and both from texas.

Advertisement
Alright let me throw a crazy scenario out there

What if Garcia Transferred to MNW and that makes J.Williams transfer there to( I mean he goes to different schools anyway) then you got him and kitchens playing side by side. All Miami commits . That would be a Crazy squad. I know that won’t happen but just like a dream scenario

Alright let me throw a crazy scenario out there

What if Garcia Transferred to MNW and that makes J.Williams transfer there to( I mean he goes to different schools anyway) then you got him and kitchens playing side by side. All Miami commits . That would be a Crazy squad. I know that won’t happen but just like a dream scenario

Fvck it. On top of all of that, what if we get Mike Tomlin to leave the Steelers to come down here and take Patke’s place and put him in charge of all defensive recruits?

Advertisement
Back