Jake Garcia gets a visit from Lashlee

Advertisement
Brantley has been working on a few of the guys, Garcia included.

Of his efforts to recruit Garcia to Miami, Brantley said, “It’s really funny with him, because he’s from the West Coast and I say `Hey, it’s nothing different over here - come play with us and you’ve got a few targets to throw at, a lot of big targets to throw at over here.’”

The chance with Garcia?

“It’s going to be hard,” Brantley said. “Like me, I’m committed, I’m home. And for him, he’s home (in California). It would be a big process for that (getting him to flip to UM).”
Whelp, that's not encouraging. Brantley is usually pretty brash about kids and their interest in us. Unless he's playing everyone...

From a discussion on the USC board today - the Elite 11 finals started this afternoon and Miller Moss is out there. It is expected he will do well as emphasis is placed on the brain part of being a QB. Questions asked about whether he will look around - kid has said he is shut down. This is what was said about Garcia: (was said by USC insider and agreed with by Stanford guy)

I would be shocked if Miller looked around, he recruited USC probably harder then USC recruited him lol, I think Jake is listening to Miami a bit but he still sounds solid to USC right now as well.
Brantley has been working on a few of the guys, Garcia included.

Of his efforts to recruit Garcia to Miami, Brantley said, “It’s really funny with him, because he’s from the West Coast and I say `Hey, it’s nothing different over here - come play with us and you’ve got a few targets to throw at, a lot of big targets to throw at over here.’”

The chance with Garcia?

“It’s going to be hard,” Brantley said. “Like me, I’m committed, I’m home. And for him, he’s home (in California). It would be a big process for that (getting him to flip to UM).”
Looks like Brantley is doing his job

"I would love to see [Jake] stay committed and watch those two go at it, but there’s a lot of legs to the rumors and as far as the school, I would say watch out for Miami," Biggins told host Blair Angulo. "I think there’s some real interest obviously on Miami’s end, you know they never stopped [recruiting him]. That was the runner up. I actually had a Crystal Ball in for Miami for Jake Garcia and once I got wind that he was going to USC, I changed it. But Miami still has a lot offer. Jake has visited two times and loved it both times. There was some buzz for UCLA, part of that was because he has a girlfriend who runs track there, and I feel a little weird even saying this even [National Enquirer] esc, but they are no longer dating, so UCLA is out."

Biggins made it clear however to point out that he thinks Garcia wants to be at USC.

"I know when he committed that was the dream school," Biggins said. "He basically got the jump on every other quarterback in the 2021 class. He got wind that [current Alabama quarterback Bryce Young] was getting ready to de-commit. And he actually silently committed, and then the day after Bryce went ahead and went public [with his de-committment from USC], he went ahead and went public with his commitment to USC."

"I would love to see [Jake] stay committed and watch those two go at it, but there’s a lot of legs to the rumors and as far as the school, I would say watch out for Miami," Biggins told host Blair Angulo. "I think there’s some real interest obviously on Miami’s end, you know they never stopped [recruiting him]. That was the runner up. I actually had a Crystal Ball in for Miami for Jake Garcia and once I got wind that he was going to USC, I changed it. But Miami still has a lot offer. Jake has visited two times and loved it both times. There was some buzz for UCLA, part of that was because he has a girlfriend who runs track there, and I feel a little weird even saying this even [National Enquirer] esc, but they are no longer dating, so UCLA is out."

Biggins made it clear however to point out that he thinks Garcia wants to be at USC.

"I know when he committed that was the dream school," Biggins said. "He basically got the jump on every other quarterback in the 2021 class. He got wind that [current Alabama quarterback Bryce Young] was getting ready to de-commit. And he actually silently committed, and then the day after Bryce went ahead and went public [with his de-committment from USC], he went ahead and went public with his commitment to USC."
Y’all ain’t gonna pretend that I didn’t post this

Advertisement

Still think he’s looking at the ideal situation here. We want him bad, there’s no other QB committed in our class, and he likes our weapons. I know he’s repeatedly said he isn’t worried about competing for the starting job with Moss, but it also doesn’t mean you’re going to pass up other great opportunities as well just to make a point

Advertisement
Back